Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hopsin Talks "New" Eminem

+22
Higher Living
King
MCJayFree
Illevilhater
SSJSim
Miller1121
BabySmacker
union410
Shadizz
Lello
AwesomeMan0710
Matt Meyer
LiquidDookie87
Diece
JoshE35
steelie
Tyrant
jafnhar
Fitzyy
liftthat
41OMaXiMuS
Illest
26 posters
Go down
Fitzyy
Fitzyy
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/fitzyybeatz

Hopsin Talks "New" Eminem - Page 2 Empty Re: Hopsin Talks "New" Eminem

Wed 24 Aug 2011 - 17:39
Some of the stuff on Hell The Sequel is wack, but there is also a few sick tracks.

My favourite tracks off the album are Welcome To Hell, Above The Law, Echoes and Fast Lane
steelie
steelie
Registered Member

Wed 24 Aug 2011 - 17:52
Ain't really a big Em fan these days at all...i'll always check his new shit out but nothin really suprises me anymore
Shadizz
Shadizz
Registered Member

Mon 29 Aug 2011 - 19:39
AwesomeMan0710 wrote:I am one of the many people who still like eminem. I admit his old shit was better lyrically, but now his shit has better subject matter most of the time. I like that he raps about emotional angst, cuz i be relatin to some shit.
This. To be honest, I prefer the suject matters he's been picking up since his comeback to his previous ones. I really like "Recovery" and I personnally don't have any problems with his "current" delivery or voice. I can't wait for his next solo album, I'm really excited.
union410
Registered Member

Mon 12 Sep 2011 - 17:42
As someone who thinks Eminem in his prime was the greatest rapper to touch a mic, I agree with Hopsin. Eminem got rich and lost his hunger. I don't like any of his new stuff. The Eminem Show was the last great album he would ever have....

I'm not sure why Hopsin had to diss Eminem though. It seems like he could have stayed quiet and not burned that bridge.

And shout out to Hopsin for knowing who Conceited, Mook and Lux is. I can tell he watches Grindtime, KOT and Smack battles.
Matt Meyer
Matt Meyer
Registered Member

Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 0:44
union410 wrote:As someone who thinks Eminem in his prime was the greatest rapper to touch a mic, I agree with Hopsin. Eminem got rich and lost his hunger. I don't like any of his new stuff. The Eminem Show was the last great album he would ever have....

I'm not sure why Hopsin had to diss Eminem though. It seems like he could have stayed quiet and not burned that bridge.

And shout out to Hopsin for knowing who Conceited, Mook and Lux is. I can tell he watches Grindtime, KOT and Smack battles.
that was defenatly not "dissing" eminem.
union410
Registered Member

Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 15:07
Matt Meyer wrote:
union410 wrote:As someone who thinks Eminem in his prime was the greatest rapper to touch a mic, I agree with Hopsin. Eminem got rich and lost his hunger. I don't like any of his new stuff. The Eminem Show was the last great album he would ever have....

Eminem would take it as a diss to be told that anyone would kill him on a track and that he started rapping for money. Eminem is a battle rapper at heart. Hopsin is great, but he has no business saying anything negative about Eminem especially when anyone can see that he was heavily influenced by him.
union410
Registered Member

Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 15:09
"Em is stuck in whack mode." is a diss.
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 15:22
union410 wrote:
Matt Meyer wrote:

Eminem would take it as a diss to be told that anyone would kill him on a track and that he started rapping for money. Eminem is a battle rapper at heart. Hopsin is great, but he has no business saying anything negative about Eminem especially when anyone can see that he was heavily influenced by him.

Errrh, not to start a flame war, but stating your opinion on someone isn't the same as dissing. What Hop does to Wayne, Soulja Boy, Tyler, Lupe, Drake, Waka and all them is dissing.
Well, that's my opinion.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/410maximus

Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 15:47
^ Hopsin definitely wasn't dissing Eminem. He was just stating the obvious. I'm a HUGE Eminem fan, but he's not what he used to be. The skill is still there tho, he's just not using it.
Fitzyy
Fitzyy
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/fitzyybeatz

Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 16:51
410MaXiMuS wrote:^ Hopsin definitely wasn't dissing Eminem. He was just stating the obvious. I'm a HUGE Eminem fan, but he's not what he used to be. The skill is still there tho, he's just not using it.

That.
union410
Registered Member

Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 20:26
So it's obvious to Eminem that he's stuck in whack mode? He knows he's not what he used to be but you're crazy if you think Eminem thinks he is in wack mode. Em still thinks he's the best rapper in the game. He would not agree with anyone telling him that he's stuck in whack mode, especially an underground rapper like Hopsin.

All I'm saying is that Hopsin shouldn't be burning bridges and this may be what he's doing by making negative comments towards Eminem.
liftthat
liftthat
Registered Member

Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 20:45
union410 wrote:
Matt Meyer wrote:

so because he if influenced by Em he can't say Eminem is wack now?
Fans can say is a rapper they like got wack or lost their touch, etc..

Hopsin is a fan of Eminem not a dickrider. i respect that.
union410
Registered Member

Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 21:58
liftthat wrote:
union410 wrote:
Matt Meyer wrote:

so because he if influenced by Em he can't say Eminem is wack now?
Fans can say is a rapper they like got wack or lost their touch, etc..

Hopsin is a fan of Eminem not a dickrider. i respect that.

Hopsin can do whatever he wants. I think you're missing my point. Do you think if Eminem offered him a deal he would accept? Now do you think Eminem would offer a deal if Hopsin was talking negatively about him? That's my only point.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/410maximus

Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 22:21
Union does have a point. Hopsin is at the stage where anything he says publically can effect his future relationships with big artists... but on the flipside, Hopsin doesn't need any help from Eminem or anyone else. He's already said he's not even looking for a record deal.
Anonymous

Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 4:26
410MaXiMuS wrote:Union does have a point. Hopsin is at the stage where anything he says publically can effect his future relationships with big artists... but on the flipside, Hopsin doesn't need any help from Eminem or anyone else. He's already said he's not even looking for a record deal.

word. i'm sure tech would of loved to had him on the strange label. Thumbs Up
Matt Meyer
Matt Meyer
Registered Member

Fri 16 Sep 2011 - 4:17
union410 wrote:So it's obvious to Eminem that he's stuck in whack mode? He knows he's not what he used to be but you're crazy if you think Eminem thinks he is in wack mode. Em still thinks he's the best rapper in the game. He would not agree with anyone telling him that he's stuck in whack mode, especially an underground rapper like Hopsin.

All I'm saying is that Hopsin shouldn't be burning bridges and this may be what he's doing by making negative comments towards Eminem.

1. he isn't burning any bridges, because that bridge does not exist for him yet.
2. you do relize he said this stuff on tech n9ne's website like 2 years ago?

so who fucking gives a fucking fuck?
Anonymous

Fri 16 Sep 2011 - 9:13
Matt Meyer wrote:
union410 wrote:So it's obvious to Eminem that he's stuck in whack mode? He knows he's not what he used to be but you're crazy if you think Eminem thinks he is in wack mode. Em still thinks he's the best rapper in the game. He would not agree with anyone telling him that he's stuck in whack mode, especially an underground rapper like Hopsin.

1. he isn't burning any bridges, because that bridge does not exist for him yet.
2. you do relize he said this stuff on tech n9ne's website like 2 years ago?

so who fucking gives a fucking fuck?

Ditto to this. Thumbs Up
Miller1121
Registered Member

Sun 18 Sep 2011 - 1:57
I love all of Eminem's music but I respect Hopsin's opinion, even though I dont agree with it. A Hopsin feature on Em's next album would make my life, but I know there is zero chance of that happening.
SSJSim
Registered Member

Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 19:30
Well, I like Hopsin's music and I've been a big fan of Eminem's for like 9 years now and I think Hopsin's right that he sounds kinda' mainstream now but I mean for someone who talks about the Illuminati in one of his tracks he should know that it was either Eminem selling out or his life. Eminem's not underground, so he can't really do whatever he wants like Hopsin can. Like dissing Rick Ross, Lil' Wayne, Drake, Nicki Minaj, Tyler, The Creator, and Lupe Fiasco--rappers who could probably say shit back, especially TTC and Lupe. Eminem CAN do that but the media would be all over his ass and he'd get a lot of shit for doing so. That's one of the major differences I see from the old and new Eminem: dissing. Eminem used to diss people like ICP, Michael Jackson (RIP), Everlast, Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, NSYNC, and Backstreet Boys. Now, he disses people like Kanye West, Michael J. Fox, Slim Roethlisberger, Lady Gaga, Lil' Wayne, Kim Kardashian, Bret Michaels, Sarah Palin, Jessica Simpson, Elvis, Ellen & Portia, Amy Winehouse, Kevin Federline, Jessica Alba, and John Mayer. I still respect Hopsin's opinion, though.
Illevilhater
Illevilhater
Registered Member
https://facebook.com/illevilhater

Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 21:58
Yea Some of Ems stuff has been pretty whack but he is still dope. Bad Meets Evil was a sick EP
MCJayFree
MCJayFree
Registered Member

Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 1:49
em had to make the classic superstar comeback. love the way u lie is his most viewed vid on youtube, and one of the most viewed in years apparantly. but views doesnt mean shit, he needed to get his money. he sold his soul, sold his story, rehashed it, made a movie. but the movie was the ast good thing he did til five years later with relapse, and then recovery. em as cemeted himself as the goat and if he died today everyone agree. unlike lil wayne, but i love weezy. eminem is timeless, if he died after eminem show or 8 mile there would be no arguement he was the best ever. he had the time to fuck everything up but he needed it to make the comeback i think.

i also think alot of hopsins songs are nfluenced by new em stuff as well as old stuff.

fuck illuminati. im not sure if em is illuminati but i know that song we made you sure is sketchy. em needs to get up on his game and diss kreayshawn, as well as other wack ass mo fos. i heard him get at casey anthony in the bet award cypher i cant wait for the good audio one. i think old eminem is back, but i dont think people necisarily want it. i want real freestyles again, as well as forcedriven songs without the forced metaphors and messages.

but em is the greatest. royce is sick now too, tops em in most their songs together imo
King
King
Registered Member

Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 4:53
You see the thing is Eminem is pretty much the best in "Mainstream".... any rapper you can say is better than him is most likely not mainstream or USED to be mainstream.

Eminem already did history and had a big impact in Hip Hop.. "New" Eminem and "Old" Eminem are still the same person.. the past is the past and he left a big and positive stamp behind and still is not giving up regardless of skill level..

Most likely if Tupac were still alive he would either (1) lose quality in his music but still stay relevant like Eminem or 2 Similar to the position Nas is right now..

So for A LOT of people he died as the GOAT.... but what if he kept making music would those SAME people give him that title?

Think about that for a sec..

I may agree that Eminem is not the overall best (As of right now) but guess what?
Hes still my favorite rapper....

Higher Living
Higher Living
Registered Member

Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 6:12

dope verse
texasiopp
texasiopp
Registered Member

Sat 8 Oct 2011 - 0:12
HE grew up his music matured with him...Eminem is my favorite rapper and to me is the best in the game...he has done so much in the game! and recovery was a amazing album! he raps about real shit and lyrically a great album i think hes still on the top of his game and would destroy anybody who dissed him.....and he has to be mainstream cuz he isnt underground....
texasiopp
texasiopp
Registered Member

Sat 8 Oct 2011 - 0:13
he made the double syllabal flow famous! and created so many new ways to ryhme
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum