Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hopsin Talks "New" Eminem

+22
Higher Living
King
MCJayFree
Illevilhater
SSJSim
Miller1121
BabySmacker
union410
Shadizz
Lello
AwesomeMan0710
Matt Meyer
LiquidDookie87
Diece
JoshE35
steelie
Tyrant
jafnhar
Fitzyy
liftthat
41OMaXiMuS
Illest
26 posters
Go down
Anonymous

Hopsin Talks "New" Eminem Empty Hopsin Talks "New" Eminem

Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 6:20
Hopsin Talks "New" Eminem 5460162759117_hopsin

Hopsin Talks "New" Eminem 18664948208511_hopsin2

Thoughts? I do agree with him on this.
Anonymous

Hopsin Talks "New" Eminem Empty Re: Hopsin Talks "New" Eminem

Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 6:43
I agree with him for the most part. People shouldn't get pissed at him for just stating his opinion, as most people do agree with what he ad to say about the "new" Em if you will.
Anonymous

Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 6:45
i's obvious that em's music isn't as good back when he first started out, it's hard to do shit like that - keeping your music on par with the eminem show is a hard job.

i agree with hopsin but i still do enjoy most of em's newer work.
Anonymous

Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 6:57
In the end it comes down to what you enjoy. I know Eminem fans who have been listening to his music from the start (Infinite and SSLP) and enjoy his "newer" music very much still

Hopsin is entitled to his own opinions, he's not trying to diss him what so ever. He was just gutted when Em started working with shit rappers such as Wayne and changing his style up for more of a mainstream appeal.
Illest
Illest
Registered Member

Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 9:20
Yeah i still reckon eminem is sick but his recent stuff is too mainstream-oriented to actually be cool - once a rapper starts to get singers on his tracks you know hes just going straight for the big bucks...as if he hasn't already got millions!
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/410maximus

Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 12:30
It IS disappointing that he's doing tracks with pretty much anyone and everyone at this point. It also pisses me off that he's still using that weird ass voice / slur that he introduced on the Relapse Album... that gets on my nerves because it's like hes running out of shit to rhyme together so he has to make words fit with other words that usually wouldnt work.

Eminem isn't hungry anymore, and he doesn't have that drive that he had when he was younger. But still... just think about how many amazing songs he has made in the past 15 or so years.

Hopsin is my favorite rapper right NOW, but Slim is probably my all time favorite for raw lyrical power and flow. Hop has a long way to go to take that title with me.

All that being said, I can totally understand where Hopsin is coming from and I like that he is honest about his opinions.

Last edited by 410MaXiMuS on Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 12:59; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 12:52
Word to 410.
Anonymous

Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 14:31
To me, Hop is just stating to the obvious for everyone. I agree with him as well.
liftthat
liftthat
Registered Member

Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 15:30
Lube wrote:To me, Hop is just stating to the obvious for everyone. I agree with him as well.

this.
Fitzyy
Fitzyy
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/fitzyybeatz

Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 16:59
Not gonna lie, Eminem was ALOT better back in his Marshall Mathers LP and Eminem Show days, but I still think that even today with Royce, he supplys some of the sickest verses ever
Anonymous

Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 17:04
Fitzyy wrote:Not gonna lie, Eminem was ALOT better back in his Marshall Mathers LP and Eminem Show days, but I still think that even today with Royce, he supplys some of the sickest verses ever

yeah at times he can be dope...then release some cringe worthy materiel, rinse and repeat that.

i try not to get my hype up for his newer tracks as usually i'm pretty disappointed. i just gotta stop expecting amazing materiel like how he was back in the day at times.

royce is dope, but his new album isn't too great. yelawolf better deliver lol.
jafnhar
jafnhar
Registered Member

Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 17:51
How do you guys feel about that "Fast lane" song?
Anonymous

Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 17:53
the music video felt clumsy and also felt like they didn't have a good concept for it to begin with.

A song about "Living in the fast lane, for life" has been used so many times lol. Sly was good on the hook tho.
Tyrant
Tyrant
Registered Member

Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 22:09
Man, Eminem killed shit on The Bad Meets Evil EP. Him an Royce are lethal together.
Anonymous

Sat 6 Aug 2011 - 7:15
Tyrant wrote:Man, Eminem killed shit on The Bad Meets Evil EP. Him an Royce are lethal together.

word. for me, the EP >>> Recovery!
steelie
steelie
Registered Member

Sat 6 Aug 2011 - 12:28
Hop's right, tech would fucking slaughter em lol, nothin to it. Em's fell off big time & i've kinda gave up on him now
JoshE35
JoshE35
Registered Member

Sat 6 Aug 2011 - 16:01
First off eminem's one of the best ever (not the best that honor belongs to big pun), and although he fell off hard with encore. which had like 2 standout tracks and 14 tracks that were complete crap. he then returned with relapse. What a dissapointment that was. It was better than encore but only because he was lyrical on it. Everything else about it was horrible. So I lost a lot of hope. However with recovery, although sort of corny, was a pretty good album. Alot of people think that it sucks because it sounds to "mainstream", However good music is good Music, it doesnt matter how it sounds. And with bad Meets Evil him and Royce proved they should be takin seriously by every rapper out there. Maybe Em's not as good as he was when he released eminem show but you gotta relize he released 2 all time great albums not just all time great rap albums with eminem show and MMLP just because he's not as good now when he released those albums does not make him Bad. If that was the rule, nearly every single rapper you listen to would be considered bad.
Diece
Registered Member

Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 17:52
Agree but eminem fell off a long time ago and none of his albums are the "Greatest" thats ridiculous

Before you even consider eminem you got

Illmatic
Ready to Die
Life After Death
Life Ov Da Poor And Dangerouz
Paid In Full
Long Live the cane
And many more but I can't remember them..........off the top of my head

None of Eminem's Album can even compare to these albums..

OT: I agree with Hopsin except Eminem isn't the greatest of all time but its an opinion so w.e
LiquidDookie87
LiquidDookie87
Registered Member

Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 19:38
I will always be an Eminem fan; however, I found his last album (Recovery) to be a let down for me. I never was a fan of Relapse or Encore, honestly. I still say that The Eminem Show is one of the best rap albums of all-time, and easily one of the BEST albums of all time in general.

Right now? Tech N9ne is where rap is. He and Hopsin are easily the two best rappers in the game today (in my honest opinion). When it comes to flow, there are not many better than both of them, and to think that Hopsin is not even at his best yet? Fucking scary if you ask me.

No matter what, Eminem will go down as one of, if not the best rapper to ever live, mainly for the fact that his name has been synonymous with rap since he came out in '97 (well, '95 technically). I may not like some of his newer sound, but I will always respect Eminem for what he did for rap music, and music in general.
Matt Meyer
Matt Meyer
Registered Member

Wed 24 Aug 2011 - 1:50
im becoming less of a fan.... i havn't liked his last two albums and i feel royce murked eminem on most of bad meets evil. and loud noises? pfft he couldnt compare to slaughter house.

IMO... Slaughter house >>>> eminem.
Matt Meyer
Matt Meyer
Registered Member

Wed 24 Aug 2011 - 1:51
BTW, these posts are from a long ass time ago. probly over a year ago.
AwesomeMan0710
AwesomeMan0710
Registered Member

Wed 24 Aug 2011 - 2:20
I am one of the many people who still like eminem. I admit his old shit was better lyrically, but now his shit has better subject matter most of the time. I like that he raps about emotional angst, cuz i be relatin to some shit.
Lello
Lello
Registered Member
http://forum.trshady.com

Wed 24 Aug 2011 - 16:08
I still like Eminem, but 2010-onwards, his music just ain't doing it for me, Recovery is my least favorite eminem album (yes I like Encore more), and his features make me cringe (Roman's Revenge, Celebrity, Hello Good Morning, All She Wrote, Where I'm At, LTWYL Pt. 2 etc...), Hell The Sequel I liked but still not as good as he was back in the day, and not as good as he was in 2009, the relapse era was great if you ask me
Anonymous

Wed 24 Aug 2011 - 16:10
Lello wrote:I still like Eminem, but 2010-onwards, his music just ain't doing it for me, Recovery is my least favorite eminem album (yes I like Encore more), and his features make me cringe (Roman's Revenge, Celebrity, Hello Good Morning, All She Wrote, Where I'm At, LTWYL Pt. 2 etc...), Hell The Sequel I liked but still not as good as he was back in the day, and not as good as he was in 2009, the relapse era was great if you ask me

Word man. I get how you feel right now about his music.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/410maximus

Wed 24 Aug 2011 - 17:03
I don't support him like I used to, but he's still my favorite all time rapper and probably always will be.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum