Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show Me Your Music! (I'll give you my honest opinion!)

+15
Katz Inf Gang
dukeblue
semaj116
ScubaDivingPanda
Grandmaster
King
Essence
Reidy
hupsun
Perfect Stranger
Frankie
Jeet
AlwaysRaw
Buddie
19 posters
Go down
Reidy
Reidy
Registered Member
http://newlifemusicgroup.bandcamp.com/album/a-new-beginning

Show Me Your Music! (I'll give you my honest opinion!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Show Me Your Music! (I'll give you my honest opinion!)

Thu 10 Jan 2013 - 0:02
Thanks Buddie, I appreciate you taking your time to listen to a few! Thank you for the feedback... I'm going to share it amongst the group and work on improving as I agree with what you said about forcing things.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Show Me Your Music! (I'll give you my honest opinion!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Show Me Your Music! (I'll give you my honest opinion!)

Thu 10 Jan 2013 - 0:13
Reidy wrote:Thanks Buddie, I appreciate you taking your time to listen to a few! Thank you for the feedback... I'm going to share it amongst the group and work on improving as I agree with what you said about forcing things.

No problem man!
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Thu 10 Jan 2013 - 6:12
AlwaysRaw wrote:
Perfect Stranger wrote:
Buddie wrote:
AlwaysRaw wrote:
Perfect Stranger wrote:
AlwaysRaw wrote:
Perfect Stranger wrote:Well, I've been detracted a lot today, so another won't make a difference, but this is a recent track of mine.

THE ONE PERSON TO SUBMIT and doesn't get reviewed by Buddie

Yeah, what he said.
Wut u mn da 1 pearson tah submut m8?
I mean you're the only one who put in a vid for Buddie to review or whatever.

Sorry man! I didn't see this until now for some reason lol

You need A LOT more practice pal! I would really focus on improving your flow. It's hard to really judge you and your music from a minute and half video. But from that verse alone, it wasn't very good man. I'm just being honest.

Rapping takes years and years to truly perfect your craft, but if you're willing to put in the work then who knows, you could improve and become a good rapper. Your also young, so there's a lot of time for improvement.

Rating: 3/10

First off, thank you for you honesty!
Although, I think you were being a little harsh - as I thought my lyrics were decent - but I agree with your points on my flow.
This is something I'm trying my hardest to fix up.
This was written very quickly and memorised very quickly.
If you compare my lyricism two years ago too now, you'd be suprised, but hopefully my flow will prosper in the future.
Cheers.

Wow. Way to take it like a champ man. I feel like Buddie on this but it's because I'm not used to an accent

Is that sarcasm?
It's ironic because the people where I live, people always give me really positive feedback.
Like I've been on the ABC and run quite a few comps, but I understand you wouldn't really be familar with accents such as mine.

ScubaDivingPanda
ScubaDivingPanda
Registered Member
http://www.twitter.com/AyHay | https://www.facebook.com/AyHayMusi

Tue 22 Jan 2013 - 11:19
Check out my TeamBackPack entry bruuuuh!

AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Tue 22 Jan 2013 - 22:51
Perfect Stranger wrote:
AlwaysRaw wrote:
Perfect Stranger wrote:
Buddie wrote:
AlwaysRaw wrote:
Perfect Stranger wrote:
AlwaysRaw wrote:
Perfect Stranger wrote:Well, I've been detracted a lot today, so another won't make a difference, but this is a recent track of mine.

THE ONE PERSON TO SUBMIT and doesn't get reviewed by Buddie

Yeah, what he said.
Wut u mn da 1 pearson tah submut m8?
I mean you're the only one who put in a vid for Buddie to review or whatever.

Sorry man! I didn't see this until now for some reason lol

You need A LOT more practice pal! I would really focus on improving your flow. It's hard to really judge you and your music from a minute and half video. But from that verse alone, it wasn't very good man. I'm just being honest.

Rapping takes years and years to truly perfect your craft, but if you're willing to put in the work then who knows, you could improve and become a good rapper. Your also young, so there's a lot of time for improvement.

Rating: 3/10

First off, thank you for you honesty!
Although, I think you were being a little harsh - as I thought my lyrics were decent - but I agree with your points on my flow.
This is something I'm trying my hardest to fix up.
This was written very quickly and memorised very quickly.
If you compare my lyricism two years ago too now, you'd be suprised, but hopefully my flow will prosper in the future.
Cheers.

Wow. Way to take it like a champ man. I feel like Buddie on this but it's because I'm not used to an accent

Is that sarcasm?
It's ironic because the people where I live, people always give me really positive feedback.
Like I've been on the ABC and run quite a few comps, but I understand you wouldn't really be familar with accents such as mine.

No man, I think it's good you didn't freak out when Buddie gave you constructive critisism.
semaj116
Registered Member

Thu 24 Jan 2013 - 15:33
Well hey there, I only do this purely for fun so don't expect a masterpiece but I think I've gotten fairly decent. I only have two tracks on this page but I don't really expect you to check them both out, if you like what you hear go ahead. Big Spender is on some fast ignant shit and then King is an old verse on a beat I found online. Sorry about the quality, recorded on a shitty headset and right now I'm focusing on flow/lyricism over sound quality

https://soundcloud.com/renin95
semaj116
Registered Member

Wed 30 Jan 2013 - 9:12
Uploaded another thing if you get the chance ;) https://soundcloud.com/renin95/in-charge
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Thu 31 Jan 2013 - 2:42
Buddie get in here
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Thu 31 Jan 2013 - 3:06
semaj116 wrote:Uploaded another thing if you get the chance ;) https://soundcloud.com/renin95/in-charge

I listened to "In Charge" and to be honest it wasn't that bad. The mic quality is pretty bad. I would suggest buying a Samson CO1U, it's a great mic for the price and it's not very expensive at all.

As far as your rapping goes, I was feeling your flow. Your lyrics were also decent but they could use some work. I think the main thing you could improve on is your breath control and your pronunciation of words. When you were spitting that verse, sometimes I couldn't even understand what you were saying. Not bad though man, you sound pretty young so you have plenty of time for improvement Thumbs Up

Overall Grade: 6.5/10
semaj116
Registered Member

Thu 31 Jan 2013 - 3:14
Buddie wrote:
semaj116 wrote:Uploaded another thing if you get the chance ;) https://soundcloud.com/renin95/in-charge

I listened to "In Charge" and to be honest it wasn't that bad. The mic quality is pretty bad. I would suggest buying a Samson CO1U, it's a great mic for the price and it's not very expensive at all.

As far as your rapping goes, I was feeling your flow. Your lyrics were also decent but they could use some work. I think the main thing you could improve on is your breath control and your pronunciation of words. When you were spitting that verse, sometimes I couldn't even understand what you were saying. Not bad though man, you sound pretty young so you have plenty of time for improvement Thumbs Up

Overall Grade: 6.5/10

Many thanks good sir, I'm definitely aware of breath control and pronunciation and have been working on those for the past couple weeks, appreciate it! I'll look into the mic
semaj116
Registered Member

Thu 31 Jan 2013 - 3:16
Also yeah, 17
dukeblue
dukeblue
Registered Member

Thu 31 Jan 2013 - 4:01
Just uploaded a new (pretty short) song a few hours ago. May as well just post it up here, rather than make a new thread.
Can't embed for some reason.
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Thu 31 Jan 2013 - 22:40
dukeblue wrote:Just uploaded a new (pretty short) song a few hours ago. May as well just post it up here, rather than make a new thread.
Sounds listenable dude. Like it's real nice! Good work on this
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Thu 31 Jan 2013 - 22:58
dukeblue wrote:Just uploaded a new (pretty short) song a few hours ago. May as well just post it up here, rather than make a new thread.

Not bad man, I think that you really need to work on your lyrics and the way that you fit words into each bar. A lot of the words sound forced, especially in the beginning when you said the word "horizon." Your flow could use some touching up as well for sure, but I think you should try to improve on your lyrics and make sure that all of the words flow with the beat of the song. Not bad though man, not bad at all. Thanks for posting!

Overall Grade: 6/10
dukeblue
dukeblue
Registered Member

Fri 1 Feb 2013 - 0:15
Buddie wrote:

Not bad man, I think that you really need to work on your lyrics and the way that you fit words into each bar. A lot of the words sound forced, especially in the beginning when you said the word "horizon." Your flow could use some touching up as well for sure, but I think you should try to improve on your lyrics and make sure that all of the words flow with the beat of the song. Not bad though man, not bad at all. Thanks for posting!

Thanks for the feedback! You too AlwaysRaw! But I completely agree with what you're saying Buddie. I have had a major case of writers block for the past few months, and this was the best I've came up with recently. Hopefully I can keep these things in mind whenever I'm writing/recording new music. Especially how forced this song sounds at times. I really didn't notice it all that much until reading your feedback and listening again.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Fri 1 Feb 2013 - 0:38
dukeblue wrote:
Buddie wrote:

Thanks for the feedback! You too AlwaysRaw! But I completely agree with what you're saying Buddie. I have had a major case of writers block for the past few months, and this was the best I've came up with recently. Hopefully I can keep these things in mind whenever I'm writing/recording new music. Especially how forced this song sounds at times. I really didn't notice it all that much until reading your feedback and listening again.

No problem man! Practice makes perfect!
Katz Inf Gang
Katz Inf Gang
Registered Member
http://www.infgang.com

Fri 1 Feb 2013 - 1:14
feel free to check out my new project

Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Fri 1 Feb 2013 - 1:45
Katz Inf Gang wrote:feel free to check out my new project

Not bad man, I was feeling a couple of tracks. I'm not sure how old you are, but if you're relatively young then I see some potential in you as an artist. One of the main things you could work on is your delivery. In the song "Hurt" I think that the listener would be able to feel more of what you are saying if you just had a more emotional/powerful delivery. I felt the same way in a couple of your other songs too. As far as your flow goes, it's decent but could use some work. The lyrics in your songs are probably what you do best. They are pretty solid, however they could use some work as well. Good luck with your future projects and keep practicing!

Overall Grade: 7/10
fxtdiilz
fxtdiilz
Registered Member

Fri 8 Feb 2013 - 3:27
could you check out my new song bro?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJwNxeT-hao
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Sat 9 Feb 2013 - 2:50
fxtdiilz wrote:could you check out my new song bro?
nice beat
Essence
Essence
Registered Member

Sat 9 Feb 2013 - 3:06
I didn't like the hook. But the track was pretty damn good.
fxtdiilz
fxtdiilz
Registered Member

Sat 9 Feb 2013 - 21:10
Emblem wrote:

Thanks bro, when i released my first song you were saying you dont "feel me" lol. but thanks for the feedback
fxtdiilz
fxtdiilz
Registered Member

Sat 9 Feb 2013 - 21:13
AlwaysRaw wrote:
nice beat

thanks lol, any feedback on the song itself?
brantonio333
brantonio333
Registered Member

Show Me Your Music! (I'll give you my honest opinion!) - Page 2 Empty Hey could you please critique my flow and lyrics?

Sun 10 Feb 2013 - 0:06
Hey, could you please critique my flow and lyrics?
It's highly inspired by Hopsin, and there's a line that might be too close to one of Hopsin's lines but I'll change it eventually. Thanks

https://soundcloud.com/aabrant/preview-untitled-song-that
Essence
Essence
Registered Member

Sun 10 Feb 2013 - 1:10
fxtdiilz wrote:
Emblem wrote:

Thanks bro, when i released my first song you were saying you dont "feel me" lol. but thanks for the feedback
Oh ya. This is better.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum