Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show Me Your Music! (I'll give you my honest opinion!)

+15
Katz Inf Gang
dukeblue
semaj116
ScubaDivingPanda
Grandmaster
King
Essence
Reidy
hupsun
Perfect Stranger
Frankie
Jeet
AlwaysRaw
Buddie
19 posters
Go down
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Show Me Your Music! (I'll give you my honest opinion!) Empty Show Me Your Music! (I'll give you my honest opinion!)

Fri 4 Jan 2013 - 0:50
Alright guys, post one song of yours that you think is your best track to date and I'll give you my honest opinion on it and give you some advice on what you can improve.

I'll rate the song out of 10 and I'm going to be completely honest. No bullshitting or anything like that. However, I will not be rude about it at all. I'm sure a lot of you guys on here who make music would appreciate an honest opinion so that's why I'm doing this.

Post your best song below!:)
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Show Me Your Music! (I'll give you my honest opinion!) Empty Re: Show Me Your Music! (I'll give you my honest opinion!)

Fri 4 Jan 2013 - 0:57
http://tiny.cc/6l3cqw
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Show Me Your Music! (I'll give you my honest opinion!) Empty Re: Show Me Your Music! (I'll give you my honest opinion!)

Fri 4 Jan 2013 - 1:00
What makes you think your opinion has any worth when you don't even like good kid maad city?
Registered Member

Fri 4 Jan 2013 - 1:04
Jeet wrote:What makes you think your opinion has any worth when you don't even like good kid maad city?
Frankie
Administrator
https://twitter.com/HopsinForums

Fri 4 Jan 2013 - 1:04
Buddie wrote:Don't care for this at all.

Hurr durr, had to be the first to do this.
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Fri 4 Jan 2013 - 1:05
Well, I've been detracted a lot today, so another won't make a difference, but this is a recent track of mine.

hupsun
Registered Member

Fri 4 Jan 2013 - 1:13
Buddie's opinions tbh

Show Me Your Music! (I'll give you my honest opinion!) Nqb9A
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Fri 4 Jan 2013 - 1:15
Bottom Bitch wrote: Buddie's opinions tbh

lol'd hard
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Fri 4 Jan 2013 - 2:24
Jeet wrote:What makes you think your opinion has any worth when you don't even like good kid maad city?

I don't like Kendrick's music. That doesn't mean I don't think he's a dope rapper.

For example, I think Canibus is in the Top 20 greatest rappers of all time, but I don't like his music at all.

There is a HUGE difference between the two. And not everybody likes Kendrick's music. It's not for everyone and you should respect other people's opinions.

Also, why do you always show aggression towards me? I've never done anything to you. You may not agree with me, but doesn't mean you need to be rude about things.

Last edited by Buddie on Fri 4 Jan 2013 - 2:33; edited 1 time in total
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Fri 4 Jan 2013 - 2:30
Buddie wrote:

I don't like Kendrick's music. That doesn't mean I don't think he's a dope rapper.

For example, I think Canibus is in the Top 20 greatest rappers of all time, but I don't like his music at all.

There is a HUGE difference between the two. And not everybody likes Kendrick's music. It's not for everyone and you should respect other people's opinions.
I don't think Buddies been mean once in his life. One day he's gonna snap on one of you guys, I'm just waiting Hopsin 3
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Fri 4 Jan 2013 - 2:33
AlwaysRaw wrote:
Buddie wrote:

I don't think Buddies been mean once in his life. One day he's gonna snap on one of you guys, I'm just waiting Hopsin 3

Canibus
Reidy
Reidy
Registered Member
http://newlifemusicgroup.bandcamp.com/album/a-new-beginning

Fri 4 Jan 2013 - 9:28
Depending on the style you like. but I'm guessing darker cause of your Jokerr pics so probably the eighth song here:

If not dark ones, then the first song.

Last edited by Reidy on Fri 4 Jan 2013 - 10:27; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : extra letter)
Essence
Essence
Registered Member

Fri 4 Jan 2013 - 18:40
Jeet wrote:
Bottom Bitch wrote: Buddie's opinions tbh

lol'd hard
Essence
Essence
Registered Member

Fri 4 Jan 2013 - 18:41
I'll give you some music when detox comes out. Lately, I've been on massive writers block.
King
King
Registered Member

Fri 4 Jan 2013 - 22:31
1) Buddie makes a useful thread offering feedback to others.

2) People say his opinions are invalid because of his personal taste in music, disregarding his recognition for talent as if it were the same thing.

Dizzy
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 18:21
Perfect Stranger wrote:Well, I've been detracted a lot today, so another won't make a difference, but this is a recent track of mine.

THE ONE PERSON TO SUBMIT and doesn't get reviewed by Buddie
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Mon 7 Jan 2013 - 11:07
AlwaysRaw wrote:
Perfect Stranger wrote:Well, I've been detracted a lot today, so another won't make a difference, but this is a recent track of mine.

Yeah, what he said.
Wut u mn da 1 pearson tah submut m8?
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 3:16
Perfect Stranger wrote:
AlwaysRaw wrote:

Yeah, what he said.
I mean you're the only one who put in a vid for Buddie to review or whatever.
Grandmaster
Grandmaster
Registered Member
https://twitter.com/JustAUserHandle

Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 23:34
Buddie's still an OG
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 23:47
King wrote:1) Buddie makes a useful thread offering feedback to others.

2) People say his opinions are invalid because of his personal taste in music, disregarding his recognition for talent as if it were the same thing.

Dizzy

Haters gon' hate Hopsin 2
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 23:55
AlwaysRaw wrote:
Perfect Stranger wrote:
AlwaysRaw wrote:

Yeah, what he said.

Sorry man! I didn't see this until now for some reason lol

You need A LOT more practice pal! I would really focus on improving your flow. It's hard to really judge you and your music from a minute and half video. But from that verse alone, it wasn't very good man. I'm just being honest.

Rapping takes years and years to truly perfect your craft, but if you're willing to put in the work then who knows, you could improve and become a good rapper. Your also young, so there's a lot of time for improvement.

Rating: 3/10
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Wed 9 Jan 2013 - 6:16
Buddie wrote:
AlwaysRaw wrote:
Perfect Stranger wrote:
AlwaysRaw wrote:

Yeah, what he said.

You need A LOT more practice pal! I would really focus on improving your flow. It's hard to really judge you and your music from a minute and half video. But from that verse alone, it wasn't very good man. I'm just being honest.

Rapping takes years and years to truly perfect your craft, but if you're willing to put in the work then who knows, you could improve and become a good rapper. Your also young, so there's a lot of time for improvement.

First off, thank you for you honesty!
Although, I think you were being a little harsh - as I thought my lyrics were decent - but I agree with your points on my flow.
This is something I'm trying my hardest to fix up.
This was written very quickly and memorised very quickly.
If you compare my lyricism two years ago too now, you'd be suprised, but hopefully my flow will prosper in the future.
Cheers.

Reidy
Reidy
Registered Member

Wed 9 Jan 2013 - 20:15
I posted a link for him to check out Blink
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Wed 9 Jan 2013 - 23:04
Perfect Stranger wrote:
Buddie wrote:
AlwaysRaw wrote:
Perfect Stranger wrote:
AlwaysRaw wrote:

Yeah, what he said.

First off, thank you for you honesty!
Although, I think you were being a little harsh - as I thought my lyrics were decent - but I agree with your points on my flow.
This is something I'm trying my hardest to fix up.
This was written very quickly and memorised very quickly.
If you compare my lyricism two years ago too now, you'd be suprised, but hopefully my flow will prosper in the future.
Cheers.

Wow. Way to take it like a champ man. I feel like Buddie on this but it's because I'm not used to an accent
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Wed 9 Jan 2013 - 23:56
Reidy wrote:I posted a link for him to check out Blink

Sorry about that! haha

I listened to 3 of your songs from your album/mixtape and your music has a pretty solid sound to it. I think you should definitely concentrate on improving your flow and delivery. I'd also work on stretching words and making them fit right so that it doesn't sound forced. I heard a few lines from your songs that just seemed forced to me. I also think that you could improve on your choruses/hooks a bit more. They weren't bad, but they could be a lot better. I think if you clean up those things and just keep improving then you could be a good rapper. When I clicked the link to your music, I wasn't expecting much. But it was a lot better than I thought it would be man. Just keep working at it!

Rating: 6/10
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum