Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nas vs Eminem

+15
DGCK
hopsintupac
SFVigilante
Kamikaze
Mark us
Chokey
Hyde
41OMaXiMuS
liftthat
Grandmaster
STRANGEgenius
King
2pfl
Buddie
Jeet
19 posters
Go down
iSigh
iSigh
Registered Member

Nas vs Eminem - Page 4 Empty Re: Nas vs Eminem

Wed 12 Sep 2012 - 17:46
DGCK wrote:Marshal Mathers LP does not even belong in the same bracket as Illmatic. (Sorry)

"It goes Reggie, Jay-Z, 2Pac and Biggie. Andre from OutKast, Jada, Kurupt, Nas and then me."

This was said years after Marshal Mathers LP.

JUST SAYING GUYS.
Redman is a really great mc, but do you think that Eminem really thinks he is better then the latter? I think it's just a line and flowed together well imo.
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Wed 12 Sep 2012 - 17:47
DGCK wrote:Marshal Mathers LP does not even belong in the same bracket as Illmatic. (Sorry)

"It goes Reggie, Jay-Z, 2Pac and Biggie. Andre from OutKast, Jada, Kurupt, Nas and then me."

JUST SAYING GUYS.
durr, Weezy said he was the best and a beast so he must be better durr! SwizZz 4

If Jada > Eminem then suck my dick Dizzy
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Wed 12 Sep 2012 - 19:19
Eminem, because I simply enjoy listnening to his music more. I love Nas but he has a lot of filler tracks and songs on his albums. Ive liked 90% of the Eminem's songs ive heard, and Ive tried my best to listen to every single one. Nas is still a better lyrical rapper in the terms of message, but Eminem is way more talented at pure rapping and entertaining listeners.
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Wed 12 Sep 2012 - 22:09
whufcwesthamunited wrote:
Jeet wrote:
Chokey wrote:
Jeet wrote:
King Suicide wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:
King Suicide wrote:
STRANGEgenius wrote:i'd rather listen to Eminem, because of his lyrics and voice.

Fixed.

Re-fixed Hopsin 2

Eminem maybe be better at rhyming but in terms of content,wordplay, originality and introspection Nas had him beat.
You can "fix" what someone enjoys
fix'd Hopsin 3

But IMO Nas' flow sucks. Really it blows big time! And IMO Em beats him too lyrically (if we look at old songs ofc).

Marshall Mathers LP > Illmatic

come at me Jeet
Lyrically??! Come on man. SwizZz 2

I made a post about Nas a while ago in the 'unpopular opinions in hip hop' thread. I just think as good lyricist as Nas is, he doesn't have the 'whole package'. In other words, his flow is boring, he doesn't provide much entertainment in his songs or music videos, his voice can sound a bit monotonous etc.

While Eminem may (arguably) be a worse lyricist (personally I don't think there is a lot in it), he has plenty of other attributes which makes him a better rapper overall.
This is a joke, right?
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Wed 12 Sep 2012 - 23:35
Jeet wrote:
whufcwesthamunited wrote:
Jeet wrote:
Chokey wrote:
Jeet wrote:
King Suicide wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:
King Suicide wrote:
STRANGEgenius wrote:i'd rather listen to Eminem, because of his lyrics and voice.

Fixed.

Re-fixed Hopsin 2

Eminem maybe be better at rhyming but in terms of content,wordplay, originality and introspection Nas had him beat.
You can "fix" what someone enjoys
fix'd Hopsin 3

But IMO Nas' flow sucks. Really it blows big time! And IMO Em beats him too lyrically (if we look at old songs ofc).

Marshall Mathers LP > Illmatic

come at me Jeet
Lyrically??! Come on man. SwizZz 2

I made a post about Nas a while ago in the 'unpopular opinions in hip hop' thread. I just think as good lyricist as Nas is, he doesn't have the 'whole package'. In other words, his flow is boring, he doesn't provide much entertainment in his songs or music videos, his voice can sound a bit monotonous etc.

While Eminem may (arguably) be a worse lyricist (personally I don't think there is a lot in it), he has plenty of other attributes which makes him a better rapper overall.
This is a joke, right?
I think he has a pretty valid point in the last post I didnt read the whole thing tho
DGCK
DGCK
Registered Member

Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 4:36
iSigh wrote:

JUST SAYING GUYS.
Redman is a really great mc, but do you think that Eminem really thinks he is better then the latter? I think it's just a line and flowed together well imo.

It was a sarcastic post haha. Well except for Illmatic being god-teir.

Also, I'd like to resurrect this thread. It's a good one. SwizZz 4
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 12:35
Life is Good > Recovery
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 13:45
Jeet wrote:Life is Good > Recovery
Recovery wasn't rap IMO. Rather pop.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 20:50
Recovery was Em's worst album IMO
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 21:03
Buddie wrote:Recovery was Em's worst album IMO
No need for IMO..I think that's pretty much everyone's opinion lol
iSigh
iSigh
Registered Member

Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 21:06
I really couldn't even give Recovery a good listen with the yelling shit.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 21:18
Jeet wrote:

Most people say it's Encore just because he made 3 classic albums before that and the expectations were so high. Encore has some really great songs. There are some shitty songs though (Ass Like That, Puke, My 1st Single, etc.) but I still enjoyed Encore a lot more than Recovery from a musical standpoint.

The only song I would put in my Top 50 Eminem songs from Recovery would be Going Through Changes. It's a great song. There's probably 3 or 4 songs from Encore that I'd put on that list.
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 21:52
Buddie wrote:
Jeet wrote:

Most people say it's Encore just because he made 3 classic albums before that and the expectations were so high. Encore has some really great songs. There are some shitty songs though (Ass Like That, Puke, My 1st Single, etc.) but I still enjoyed Encore a lot more than Recovery from a musical standpoint.

The only song I would put in my Top 50 Eminem songs from Recovery would be Going Through Changes. It's a great song. There's probably 3 or 4 songs from Encore that I'd put on that list.
Come on. Love The Way You Lie was a descent song and if not the best then 2nd best of recovery. Talkin 2 Myself ok too. Not Afraid wasn't a failure neither a raw song but good enough for any album after going for the money.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 22:01
Chokey wrote:
Buddie wrote:
Jeet wrote:

Come on. Love The Way You Lie was a descent song and if not the best then 2nd best of recovery. Talkin 2 Myself ok too. Not Afraid wasn't a failure neither a raw song but good enough for any album after going for the money.

I still enjoyed Recovery, but it's the album that I least enjoyed from him. Love The Way You Lie is a very good song, but I probably won't listen to it again since it got majorly overplayed on the radio. It's a good song, but I wouldn't put it even close to my Top 50.

And Not Afraid was a good song and single for sure!
Mark us
Mark us
Registered Member

Sat 22 Sep 2012 - 13:13
I think people say Ems flow was better because he has this mathematical rhyme scheme. His rhymes always appear when the listener expects them, while Nas has this natural and conversational flow ( Because of this comparing the technical ability is not that easy ). IMO Nas doesn't necessarily have to rhyme to create his flow, but in Em's music the focus is on his rhymes. "New York state of mind", "The world is yours", "Halftime", "Memory Lane", "It ain't hard to tell" are only a few tracks on which Nas shows his ability to flow. For me this flow combined with his unique voice is more enjoyable to listen to than a lot of Ems songs.
DGCK
DGCK
Registered Member

Sat 22 Sep 2012 - 13:29
Jeet wrote:

Nas vs Eminem - Page 4 158019_173001866050814_4741709_n
No need for NAZI.. I think the movement ended decades ago. Lol. (Nice punctuation by the way.)

Mark us wrote:I think people say Ems flow was better because he has this mathematical rhyme scheme. His rhymes always appear when the listener expects them, while Nas has this natural and conversational flow ( Because of this comparing the technical ability is not that easy ). IMO Nas doesn't necessarily have to rhyme to create his flow, but in Em's music the focus is on his rhymes. "New York state of mind", "The world is yours", "Halftime", "Memory Lane", "It ain't hard to tell" are only a few tracks on which Nas shows his ability to flow. For me this flow combined with his unique voice is more enjoyable to listen to than a lot of Ems songs.

I agree with this. Although, if you want to put a formula to Em's method (and talk about it in like math), he sort of incorporated his own algorithm rather than go with other rapper's carbon copied rhyme schemes. I love the natural swing of Nas' style. I didn't pin point why I loved his music so much until I started listening to other rappers, like Eminem. It's easy to note the differences so you can pick out what you like more. I like the use of "when the listener expects" describing the pattern, another reason he's so damn popular.
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Sat 22 Sep 2012 - 13:41
DGCK wrote:
I agree with this. Although, if you want to put a formula to Em's method (and talk about it in like math), he sort of incorporated his own algorithm rather than go with other rapper's carbon copied rhyme schemes. I love the natural swing of Nas' style. I didn't pin point why I loved his music so much until I started listening to other rappers, like Eminem. It's easy to note the differences so you can pick out what you like more. I like the use of "when the listener expects" describing the pattern, another reason he's so damn popular.
This. Nas' flow is much more subtle to pick up and appreciate, while eminem's flow is unique and much more accessible as you can like his music after 1 listen.
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Sat 22 Sep 2012 - 13:52
So, we've/I've established Nas is a better lyricist, in terms of use of vocabulary, but Eminem has a better ability to manipulate words...
Mark us
Mark us
Registered Member

Sat 22 Sep 2012 - 13:55
Jeet wrote:
DGCK wrote:
This. Nas' flow is much more subtle to pick up and appreciate, while eminem's flow is unique and much more accessible as you can like his music after 1 listen.

That's what I meant. I think this is the reason why saying Nas was the best technical rapper or at least a very good one sounds piontless in the first place. It needs time to oversee the whole potential of his songs. I can listen to Nas' verses a thousand times and always will discover something I haven't recognized yet.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum