Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nas vs Eminem

+15
DGCK
hopsintupac
SFVigilante
Kamikaze
Mark us
Chokey
Hyde
41OMaXiMuS
liftthat
Grandmaster
STRANGEgenius
King
2pfl
Buddie
Jeet
19 posters
Go down
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/410maximus

Nas vs Eminem - Page 2 Empty Re: Nas vs Eminem

Tue 31 Jul 2012 - 13:47
King Suicide wrote:
buddie wrote:
King Suicide wrote:I hate it when people say eminem was the first white rapper when he's no where near the first.

No, but he was the first elite white rapper

3rd Bass,House Of Pain, Cage where all elite long before Marshall Mathers was.

But Eminem put white rappers on the map, period. I was around for the transformation.
Grandmaster
Grandmaster
Registered Member
https://twitter.com/JustAUserHandle

Tue 31 Jul 2012 - 13:52
41OMaXiMuS wrote:

But Eminem put white rappers on the map, period. I was around for the transformation.

Elite generally means amazing so I was pointing out that 3rd Bass, House Of Pain and Cage where all phenomenal white rappers who where around long before Eminem blew up.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Tue 31 Jul 2012 - 14:02
King Suicide wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:

Elite generally means amazing so I was pointing out that 3rd Bass, House Of Pain and Cage where all phenomenal white rappers who where around long before Eminem blew up.

But they didn't have what it takes to blow up themselves... so what? Of course there were decent white rappers before Eminem. I mean you could even go as far as to say the Beastie Boys were the 1st ones to put white rappers on the map. But at the end of the day that was really Eminems accomplishment. I would say a good 75% of humans on planet Earth know who Eminem is. When people say Eminem was the 1st white rapper, they mean the 1st HUGE white rapper.
Grandmaster
Grandmaster
Registered Member
https://twitter.com/JustAUserHandle

Tue 31 Jul 2012 - 14:05
41OMaXiMuS wrote:
King Suicide wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:

But they didn't have what it takes to blow up themselves... so what? Of course there were decent white rappers before Eminem. I mean you could even go as far as to say the Beastie Boys were the 1st ones to put white rappers on the map. But at the end of the day that was really Eminems accomplishment. I would say a good 75% of humans on planet Earth know who Eminem is. When people say Eminem was the 1st white rapper, they mean the 1st HUGE white rapper.

The Beastie Boys didn't really blow up among HipHop heads though, mostly among Punks and rockers.
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Wed 1 Aug 2012 - 5:41
liftthat wrote:
Now some of these new rappers got their caps flipped backwards
Wit their fingers intertwined in some gang-sign madness
I got an exam, let's see if y'all pass it
Let's see who can quote a Daddy Kane line the fastest

HHID>>>>
THIS
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 15:04
I thought I'd resurrect this thread 
Read this link: http://www.jmthiphop.com/vinnie-paz-top-5-mcs-article/

Nas is mentioned in the top 5 TEN times whereas eminem is mentioned only five times...these lists are also by rappers in the game who know what it takes

On a side note: Rakim (who I consider to be the greatest of all time) is mentioned 11 times

Last edited by Jeet on Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 3:37; edited 2 times in total
Mark us
Mark us
Registered Member

Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 16:30
liftthat wrote:I'd have to go with Nas tbh.
He has more classics & has a much better track record than Eminem.

Em is like...3/7, album wise?
He fell off a while ago, about 10 years ago to be accurate.

Nas created one of, if not the best album in Hip Hop history (Illmatic, which arguably impacted hip hop more than any other album). He's much more consistent than Eminem, he has more content/subject matter, etc.

And I know some Em fans get hard on's from lyrical/technical stuff, so I'll put it out there & say Nas is one of the most technical/lyrical rapers to exist.
Backed up with: http://composerscorner1.blogspot.com/2011/03/how-to-appreciate-rap-music-3-is-nas.html
Breaks stuff down very in depth.

And I just find Nas music more enjoyable to listen to, lol.

Nas + skill + career>>>>Eminem + skill + career

How can Nas be technically better than Em? Look at the first verse of "Lose yourself" and compare it to any Nas verse. The rhyme scheme is on another level. Or how does the author of this text define rapping technique?
Kamikaze
Kamikaze
Registered Member

Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 16:44
Nas > Eminem.
Also, i agree with pretty much everything liftthat said except i find eminem much more enjoyable to listen to than nas.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 18:17
Eminem is, at the very least, a better lyricist than NAS... that's not even debatable by anyone with a fully functioning brain.

"Who is the better rapper?" ultimately comes down to personal preference... I choose Eminem. However, NAS is an OG, and he'll always be in my top 10.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 21:02
41OMaXiMuS wrote:Eminem is, at the very least, a better lyricist than NAS... that's not even debatable by anyone with a fully functioning brain.

"Who is the better rapper?" ultimately comes down to personal preference... I choose Eminem. However, NAS is an OG, and he'll always be in my top 10.

This.

And from a musical standpoint, Eminem's music is a lot more enjoyable to listen to IMO
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 23:06
41OMaXiMuS wrote:Eminem is, at the very least, a better lyricist than NAS... that's not even debatable by anyone with a fully functioning brain.

What's your definition of lyricism?
SFVigilante
SFVigilante
Registered Member

Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 4:55
I choose Nas. Nas is basically best artist from the 90's that is still relevant
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 5:57
Mark us wrote:

Nas created one of, if not the best album in Hip Hop history (Illmatic, which arguably impacted hip hop more than any other album). He's much more consistent than Eminem, he has more content/subject matter, etc.

And I know some Em fans get hard on's from lyrical/technical stuff, so I'll put it out there & say Nas is one of the most technical/lyrical rapers to exist.
Backed up with: http://composerscorner1.blogspot.com/2011/03/how-to-appreciate-rap-music-3-is-nas.html

How can Nas be technically better than Em? Look at the first verse of "Lose yourself" and compare it to any Nas verse. The rhyme scheme is on another level. Or how does the author of this text define rapping technique?
Any song off illmatic>lose yourself
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 7:43
Jeet wrote:
Mark us wrote:

Hopsin 5 Hopsin 5 Hopsin 5 Hopsin 5
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 8:39
SFVigilante wrote:I choose Nas. Nas is basically best artist from the 90's that is still relevant
KRS>Nas after 2K

Edit: maybe taking it too far.But KRS One is one of the best from the 90's that are still relevant.
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 8:59
Chokey wrote:
SFVigilante wrote:I choose Nas. Nas is basically best artist from the 90's that is still relevant
KRS>Nas after 2K

Edit: maybe taking it too far.But KRS One is one of the best from the 90's that are still relevant.
KRS-One's music nowadays isn't touching the quality of nas' music..I guess that's just my opinion but he's also busy doing lectures on "The Temple of Hip-Hop"
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 10:02
Jeet wrote:
Mark us wrote:

Hopsin 6 StrangeGenius wouldnt even say that about KOD. This is the biggest amount of dickriding I've seen.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 10:07
Chokey wrote:
Jeet wrote:
Mark us wrote:

Hopsin 6 StrangeGenius wouldnt even say that about KOD. This is the biggest amount of dickriding I've seen.

Nas isnt his favorite rapper.
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 10:07
Jeet wrote:
Chokey wrote:
KRS>Nas after 2K

KRS-One's music nowadays isn't touching the quality of nas' music..I guess that's just my opinion but he's also busy doing lectures on "The Temple of Hip-Hop"
It's an individual opinion indeed. Ice Cube as well. MC Eight too, Too $hort maybe? But Nas is definatly there in the top.
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 10:08
STRANGEgenius wrote:
Chokey wrote:
Jeet wrote:
Mark us wrote:

Does that matter? Saying that every track on Illmatic is better than Lose Yourself is ofcourse a question of opinion but this smells of dickriding far away.
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 10:44
Chokey wrote:
STRANGEgenius wrote:
Chokey wrote:
Jeet wrote:
Mark us wrote:

Does that matter? Saying that every track on Illmatic is better than Lose Yourself is ofcourse a question of opinion but this smells of dickriding far away.
Have you listened to illmatic?
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 10:48
Chokey wrote:
Jeet wrote:
Chokey wrote:
KRS>Nas after 2K

It's an individual opinion indeed. Ice Cube as well. MC Eight too, Too $hort maybe? But Nas is definatly there in the top.
BTW KRS is from the 80's so you do have a point in terms of longevity.
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 11:10
Jeet wrote:
Chokey wrote:
STRANGEgenius wrote:
Chokey wrote:
Jeet wrote:
Mark us wrote:

Yes. Besides I find Nas a bit borring (like most on this site) I think that Lose Yourself is one of Em's best songs ever and it's just an aggresive song with aggresive flow. The lyrics in LYS is okay I agree that most of the songs on Illmatic has better lyrics. But that doesn't mean that the song is better. It aint poetry. It's music. Nas' flow and beats on Illmatic is just to borring for me. I like old school and I respect Nas even though I dont personally think he i that great but can see the argues for that he is. But I just dont think personally that every track Illmatic is better than LYS.
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 11:17
Chokey wrote:
Jeet wrote:
Chokey wrote:
STRANGEgenius wrote:
Chokey wrote:
Jeet wrote:
Mark us wrote:

Yes. Besides I find Nas a bit borring (like most on this site) I think that Lose Yourself is one of Em's best songs ever and it's just an aggresive song with aggresive flow. The lyrics in LYS is okay I agree that most of the songs on Illmatic has better lyrics. But that doesn't mean that the song is better. It aint poetry. It's music. Nas' flow and beats on Illmatic is just to borring for me. I like old school and I respect Nas even though I dont personally think he i that great but can see the argues for that he is. But I just dont think personally that every track Illmatic is better than LYS.
Umm.. If we're talking lyrically then rap is poetry lol. And lyrically any song on illmatic beats lys, I never said its better from a musical stand point because that's completely subjective

Last edited by Jeet on Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 13:03; edited 1 time in total
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 11:34
Nas vs Eminem - Page 2 E31
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum