Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hopsin - Hop Is Back (Official Music Video)

+28
Fitzyy
adeem
Grafik
BabySmacker
Gizzle
41OMaXiMuS
Nay Nay
Nidac_7
Chokey
hopsintupac
Hip-Hopsin'
Coolguy 127
iSigh
Hunter
Fiasco
Mark us
BitchNigga
King
Spanky
yo
Buddie
fxtdiilz
semaj116
Jeet
STRANGEgenius
knockmathers
AlwaysRaw
32 posters
Go down
Coolguy 127
Coolguy 127
Registered Member

Hopsin - Hop Is Back (Official Music Video) - Page 3 Empty Re: Hopsin - Hop Is Back (Official Music Video)

Wed 23 Oct 2013 - 4:21
Damn ppl at ktt have 55 pgs worth of posts for Hop is back thread.
Spanky
Spanky
Registered Member

Hopsin - Hop Is Back (Official Music Video) - Page 3 Empty Re: Hopsin - Hop Is Back (Official Music Video)

Wed 23 Oct 2013 - 4:26
Coolguy 127 wrote:Damn ppl at ktt have 55 pgs worth of posts for Hop is back thread.
#hopsinwinning
Coolguy 127
Coolguy 127
Registered Member

Wed 23 Oct 2013 - 4:29
So far KM > MMLP2
Registered Member

Wed 23 Oct 2013 - 4:36
Coolguy 127 wrote:Damn ppl at ktt have 55 pgs worth of posts for Hop is back thread.
Most of their threads are spam chat threads tho lol
King
King
Registered Member

Wed 23 Oct 2013 - 4:56
Ktt is full of bandwaggoners and parrots.
The forum itself is great but only about 10% of people there are decent posters.

That said, KTT contribute a lot of time to Hopsin and his music as well as some useless stuff usually posted there.
Coolguy 127
Coolguy 127
Registered Member

Wed 23 Oct 2013 - 5:10
Damn this isn't in the canadian itunes. oh well no money for u hopsin, im gonna convert it to mp3 format from youtube.
Nay Nay
Nay Nay
Registered Member

Wed 23 Oct 2013 - 5:31
From what we've heard so far from Knock Madness (Hop Is Back, Old Friend, Hop Madness[even though it was cut], the beats from his behind the scenes videos, ect.) How do you feel Knock Madness is going to turn out?

To me, his producing has improved over time, and I feel like he is in a comfortable state with his delivery and flow, but his writing hasn't seemed to really progress over time like it needed to (at least from what we've heard so far). At this rate, it seems like Knock Madness will basically be Raw with better production, mixing, and mastering. Raw gained a lot of attention because the content was new and interesting; but if Knock Madness turns out like I just stated, it will not be very effective cause the content will have all been used before. It won't be as shocking or appealing because we've already heard these things from him. Hopefully I'm wrong though and it will impress me.

Most of us can agree that Raw was a great album; and having something like that with better production, mixing, and mastering will sound dope. However, do you really want something like that instead of something NEW from him? Most artists make each album have a unique style to them; Hopsin seems to just be making a continuation of his album years later, recycling his old topics in ways that aren't really refreshing. Thoughts?
Gizzle
Registered Member

Wed 23 Oct 2013 - 5:43
^^ Hit the nail on the head.
Coolguy 127
Coolguy 127
Registered Member

Wed 23 Oct 2013 - 5:45
lol the automatic captions are fucking hilarious
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Wed 23 Oct 2013 - 5:51
Nay Nay wrote:From what we've heard so far from Knock Madness (Hop Is Back, Old Friend, Hop Madness[even though it was cut], the beats from his behind the scenes videos, ect.) How do you feel Knock Madness is going to turn out?

To me, his producing has improved over time, and I feel like he is in a comfortable state with his delivery and flow, but his writing hasn't seemed to really progress over time like it needed to (at least from what we've heard so far). At this rate, it seems like Knock Madness will basically be Raw with better production, mixing, and mastering. Raw gained a lot of attention because the content was new and interesting; but if Knock Madness turns out like I just stated, it will not be very effective cause the content will have all been used before. It won't be as shocking or appealing because we've already heard these things from him. Hopefully I'm wrong though and it will impress me.

Most of us can agree that Raw was a great album; and having something like that with better production, mixing, and mastering will sound dope. However, do you really want something like that instead of something NEW from him? Most artists make each album have a unique style to them; Hopsin seems to just be making a continuation of his album years later, recycling his old topics in ways that aren't really refreshing. Thoughts?
Honestly, I think it's a little too early in his career for his style to change. I don't mind him not progressing as far as his flow, delivery, etc for now. I think his current style is just fine for now.

There are really two main things I'm looking for in this album: Better production and most importantly, new subject matter. Hopsin has to talk about something new on at least 70% of the songs. He's been touring and has had tons of real life experiences that he could talk about and hopefully he does just that on the album. I'm not really sure exactly what he's going to talk about, but that's part of the reason why I'm excited to listen to the album.

I also would like to hear some angry/dark songs on this album similar to "Kill Her"
Nay Nay
Nay Nay
Registered Member

Wed 23 Oct 2013 - 6:30
Buddie wrote:
Nay Nay wrote:From what we've heard so far from Knock Madness (Hop Is Back, Old Friend, Hop Madness[even though it was cut], the beats from his behind the scenes videos, ect.) How do you feel Knock Madness is going to turn out?

Honestly, I think it's a little too early in his career for his style to change. I don't mind him not progressing as far as his flow, delivery, etc for now. I think his current style is just fine for now.

There are really two main things I'm looking for in this album: Better production and most importantly, new subject matter. Hopsin has to talk about something new on at least 70% of the songs. He's been touring and has had tons of real life experiences that he could talk about and hopefully he does just that on the album. I'm not really sure exactly what he's going to talk about, but that's part of the reason why I'm excited to listen to the album.

I also would like to hear some angry/dark songs on this album similar to "Kill Her"
Well he has been rapping for 10 years now. Even though he has only been in the "light" for only a few of them. Now I'm not saying he has to come up with a completely new style, it should still sound like Hopsin, it should just sound almost like a different side of him. The content that you mentioned him wanting to change is part of what I was talking about with him seemingly not progressing as a writer. It's like he doesn't know how to write about the content we havent already heard from him. He just recycles his old content with new lyrics, but the lyrics aren't any better the second time around. They shed no new light and don't create a new image in the listener's mind, plus they are presented in the exact same way. It's to the point where almost every song he makes now seems to sound the same as another song he's already done. I know it's a new song, but I feel like I've heard it before. It's almost getting repetitive. We know he has new content he can write about, but he needs to actually write about it. Along with the content change, he needs a new way to present his lyrics. Otherwise every song of his will sound the same. I dont mean he has to switch his flow or delivery because he's pretty versatile with that and is good at it. He has found what suits him. But if his lyrics are written the same way every time, and he uses his signature flows and deliveries, then it makes it sound like the same old song with a different beat.
so to summarize, I didnt mean he needed to create a whole new style, he needs to adjust his current writing style and get comfortable with writing about new topics.
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Wed 23 Oct 2013 - 7:52

I completely agree.
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Wed 23 Oct 2013 - 11:24
video was better than the song tho. hahahah. still a great song.
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Wed 23 Oct 2013 - 15:20
boy do i wish i had a working pc to listen
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Wed 23 Oct 2013 - 17:44
Nay Nay wrote:
Buddie wrote:

Well he has been rapping for 10 years now. Even though he has only been in the "light" for only a few of them. Now I'm not saying he has to come up with a completely new style, it should still sound like Hopsin, it should just sound almost like a different side of him. The content that you mentioned him wanting to change is part of what I was talking about with him seemingly not progressing as a writer. It's like he doesn't know how to write about the content we havent already heard from him. He just recycles his old content with new lyrics, but the lyrics aren't any better the second time around. They shed no new light and don't create a new image in the listener's mind, plus they are presented in the exact same way. It's to the point where almost every song he makes now seems to sound the same as another song he's already done. I know it's a new song, but I feel like I've heard it before. It's almost getting repetitive. We know he has new content he can write about, but he needs to actually write about it. Along with the content change, he needs a new way to present his lyrics. Otherwise every song of his will sound the same. I dont mean he has to switch his flow or delivery because he's pretty versatile with that and is good at it. He has found what suits him. But if his lyrics are written the same way every time, and he uses his signature flows and deliveries, then it makes it sound like the same old song with a different beat.
so to summarize, I didnt mean he needed to create a whole new style, he needs to adjust his current writing style and get comfortable with writing about new topics.
I agree. And hopefully he does just that on the album.
Grafik
Grafik
Registered Member
http://www.rappingreptile.tk/

Wed 23 Oct 2013 - 18:12
I feel like this was just a Sag My Pants part 2. I mean, the rhyme schemes, the dissing, the attitude, idk. Maybe it's just me.
iSigh
iSigh
Registered Member

Wed 23 Oct 2013 - 18:59
Kind of reminds me of Without Me. It's probably the chorus.
Coolguy 127
Coolguy 127
Registered Member

Wed 23 Oct 2013 - 19:51
lmao it's looks exactly like kanye and kim

Hopsin - Hop Is Back (Official Music Video) - Page 3 F2126d1a3bdf11e39c4222000a9e071d_8
Hip-Hopsin'
Hip-Hopsin'
Registered Member

Wed 23 Oct 2013 - 21:59
Corny, forced rhymes, generic hook and bland production, just a typical Hopsin song. 
He needs to stop gagging on Em's dick  and be original for once.
adeem
adeem
Registered Member

Wed 23 Oct 2013 - 22:37
Hip-Hopsin' wrote:Corny, forced rhymes, generic hook and bland production, just a typical Hopsin song. 
Go back to reddit.
King
King
Registered Member

Wed 23 Oct 2013 - 22:54
Hip-Hopsin' wrote:Corny, forced rhymes, generic hook and bland production, just a typical Hopsin song. 
Woah shit! this post is so disease causing GAWD DWAM!
King
King
Registered Member

Wed 23 Oct 2013 - 22:59

I see what you mean.. but he only has 1 single out and i'm pretty sure we know this songs purpose and why it makes sense to be on the album. Let's wait until next month.
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Wed 23 Oct 2013 - 23:25
hop makes fun of earl and tyler and suddenly its not funny!!! LEAVE TYLER ALONE!
knockmathers
knockmathers
Registered Member

Wed 23 Oct 2013 - 23:27
You can really see that Hops hype is over..

Hope he delivers and he gets his hype back, hate to say it but the lazy guy deserves it.
Really hoping for new and diversity music, I am expecting for every song to be alike but I hope he has some awesome different songs.
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Wed 23 Oct 2013 - 23:30
2:56 chance the rapper in the background? possible collab?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum