Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Funk Volume 2013 Discussion

+41
BabySmacker
Hip-Hopsin'
mickydz420
ELEVEN
D-Henry
Katz Inf Gang
Nay Nay
iScyko
bgman
iSigh
Trimss
hopsintupac
Jeet
ArchSerpo
Frankie
semaj116
Fiasco
Reidy
texasiopp
The Real Blaze 27
fxtdiilz
Grandmaster
Mark us
dcan
Mence
cmason37
adeem
Perfect Stranger
41OMaXiMuS
Essence
vaxine19
proswervez
STRANGEgenius
Buddie
AlwaysRaw
Coolguy 127
knockmathers
Chokey
akaDan
King
anthonyFv
45 posters
Go down
Coolguy 127
Coolguy 127
Registered Member

Funk Volume 2013 Discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: Funk Volume 2013 Discussion

Fri 25 Jan 2013 - 1:45
AlwaysRaw wrote:I've only listened to it once and I really liked SwizZz and Jarren. Didn't even pay attention to Hop or Dizzy that much because I kept going from paying attention to the song then the videos concept. But I really like SwizZz and I think he was talking about the Jokerr in the beginning about how he doesn't aknowledge disses. Also, I've been liking Jarren more, especially the part about how all Hops fans call him a hypocrite for signing him. Except Jarren has been rapping about Hopsin too much.

UPDATE ON THE SONG:
Awesome how it's free download, but the cover is whack compared to most of the ones the fans sent in because I saw some dope covers they could've used. But this is simple which is fine I guess. Song is good and I actually liked each verse. SwizZz went the fuck in. I also don't like how Hop dresses.. not in the costumes but in general with those weird jackets and stuff now. I also noticed Hop had glasses and contacts on at the same time... awkward.

Well Hop's a skater and he probably wants DGK to give a shout out to Hop for wearing their clothes. Cuz' in like his tours he mostly wore his DGK clothing and got a shot out. IMO I think DGK makes pretty dope clothing.
Katz Inf Gang
Katz Inf Gang
Registered Member
http://www.infgang.com

Fri 25 Jan 2013 - 4:52
Coolguy 127 wrote:
AlwaysRaw wrote:I've only listened to it once and I really liked SwizZz and Jarren. Didn't even pay attention to Hop or Dizzy that much because I kept going from paying attention to the song then the videos concept. But I really like SwizZz and I think he was talking about the Jokerr in the beginning about how he doesn't aknowledge disses. Also, I've been liking Jarren more, especially the part about how all Hops fans call him a hypocrite for signing him. Except Jarren has been rapping about Hopsin too much.

UPDATE ON THE SONG:
Awesome how it's free download, but the cover is whack compared to most of the ones the fans sent in because I saw some dope covers they could've used. But this is simple which is fine I guess. Song is good and I actually liked each verse. SwizZz went the fuck in. I also don't like how Hop dresses.. not in the costumes but in general with those weird jackets and stuff now. I also noticed Hop had glasses and contacts on at the same time... awkward.

Well Hop's a skater and he probably wants DGK to give a shout out to Hop for wearing their clothes. Cuz' in like his tours he mostly wore his DGK clothing and got a shot out. IMO I think DGK makes pretty dope clothing.
If i'm not mistaken Hop has already said that he is sponsored by DGK.
Coolguy 127
Coolguy 127
Registered Member

Fri 25 Jan 2013 - 5:03
Katz Inf Gang wrote:
Coolguy 127 wrote:

UPDATE ON THE SONG:

Well I was gonna say that, cuz I see him reppin' DGK all the time and he gets free clothing and skating equipment from them (Hopsin in Basement). I didn't know for sure though that he was sponsored.
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Fri 25 Jan 2013 - 13:16
Katz Inf Gang wrote:
Coolguy 127 wrote:

UPDATE ON THE SONG:

Yea they at least hook him up with free stuff all the time. I just think he can wear the big tees like the good ol' Hopsin days instead of those weird jackets and stuff
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Fri 25 Jan 2013 - 16:55
AlwaysRaw wrote:
Katz Inf Gang wrote:
Coolguy 127 wrote:

UPDATE ON THE SONG:

Yea they at least hook him up with free stuff all the time. I just think he can wear the big tees like the good ol' Hopsin days instead of those weird jackets and stuff

Hop only wore those tee shirts because he was poor as a mutha fucka. I think DGK has some pretty cool designs so I don't have a problem with it.
SdoubleT
SdoubleT
Registered Member

Fri 25 Jan 2013 - 19:42
the beat is to similar to ill mind 5
cmason37
cmason37
Registered Member

Sat 26 Jan 2013 - 0:48
10/10 it's a great song. Now if only SwizZz and Hop could make their albums...
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Sat 26 Jan 2013 - 1:09
I love how everyone keeps on talking about the Jokerr lol
Laveer
Registered Member

Sat 26 Jan 2013 - 1:27
I created this account to get this off my chest, and before fan boys start flaming, please read what I have to state.

First off, the delivery in this track was so horrible I nearly fell asleep listening to the first verse; which was ultimately the best (SwizZz). Second, all these band wagoners are starting to piss me off, I was an FV follower since 09. I thought they might amount to a crazy unstoppable group that could finally deliver true hip-hop to the mainstream world; I was dead wrong.

Over the past two years FV has become garbage, and I mean this in the most respectful way as possible. Dizzy Wright sucks, Benton sucks that much more, their fanbase is built off shock factor and illiterate party faggots.

FV used to be RAW when it was JUST Hopsin & SwizZz, but since these new kats joined the group Hopsin has just become so weak... SwizZz is being shunned out and Dizzy Khalifa is being over-promoted.

Well back to the topic at hand, this track really did take me by surprise. I was ready for some 09-10 Hopsin, not this new Hopsin repeating the same sh*t over and over again: "Independence".

What does independent even mean anymore? The WHOLE promotion began with Hopsin and SwizZz doing their own thing, horror-core and amazing lyrical skill. I just don't get their POV right now, they keep spouting independence, but they have two weed and party rappers in their group.. What's the point? They could be spouting off about what they are now, and be in an actual record label making much more then they currently are.

The only verse that stood out to me was SwizZz's, everyone else was a complete let down.

I'll end my post with this, for those talking sh*t about the Jokerr, I hope you know he could destroy everyone on FV. You can keep talking trash though he's undeniably nicer then them lot.

@dcan, you won't do anything of the sort.

Regarding everyone saying the beef was staged, stop riding Hopsin's dick. Hopsin DID state what was reveiled in the Jokerr's phonecall AND is a complete hypocrite.
Coolguy 127
Coolguy 127
Registered Member

Sat 26 Jan 2013 - 1:57
Laveer wrote:I created this account to get this off my chest, and before fan boys start flaming, please read what I have to state.

First off, the delivery in this track was so horrible I nearly fell asleep listening to the first verse; which was ultimately the best (SwizZz). Second, all these band wagoners are starting to piss me off, I was an FV follower since 09. I thought they might amount to a crazy unstoppable group that could finally deliver true hip-hop to the mainstream world; I was dead wrong.

Over the past two years FV has become garbage, and I mean this in the most respectful way as possible. Dizzy Wright sucks, Benton sucks that much more, their fanbase is built off shock factor and illiterate party faggots.

FV used to be RAW when it was JUST Hopsin & SwizZz, but since these new kats joined the group Hopsin has just become so weak... SwizZz is being shunned out and Dizzy Khalifa is being over-promoted.

Well back to the topic at hand, this track really did take me by surprise. I was ready for some 09-10 Hopsin, not this new Hopsin repeating the same sh*t over and over again: "Independence".

What does independent even mean anymore? The WHOLE promotion began with Hopsin and SwizZz doing their own thing, horror-core and amazing lyrical skill. I just don't get their POV right now, they keep spouting independence, but they have two weed and party rappers in their group.. What's the point? They could be spouting off about what they are now, and be in an actual record label making much more then they currently are.

The only verse that stood out to me was SwizZz's, everyone else was a complete let down.

I'll end my post with this, for those talking sh*t about the Jokerr, I hope you know he could destroy everyone on FV. You can keep talking trash though he's undeniably nicer then them lot.

Regarding everyone saying the beef was staged, stop riding Hopsin's dick. Hopsin DID state what was reveiled in the Jokerr's phonecall AND is a complete hypocrite.

Too long.
Funk Volume 2013 Discussion  - Page 9 Too+long+didn+t+read+_8d7d2678cf2bbd0e5b4bc673b4ca7141
Trimss
Trimss
Registered Member

Sat 26 Jan 2013 - 2:16
Laveer wrote:I created this account to get this off my chest, and before fan boys start flaming, please read what I have to state.

SwizZz is the worst member of the whole group. His punchlines are terrible and really "Lil Wayne-esque" (I know y'all are gonna hate) but it's true.
His verse wasn't that bad but ..

"You niggas ain't ready to stop me from runnin' it; Tim Tebow " Seriously? I hope all of you realize that any YM member write this kind of shit.

Jarren Benton has a sick flow, a sick delivery most of the time and he is funny as fuck. However his beats are often shit and don't fit his style.

Dizzy Wright makes the chillest music and he's actually the easiest one to listen to.

Funk Volume is better now than in the beggining.. You're talking out of nostalgia, that's about it. You heard too much bullshit about how FV changed and it went straight to your head.

SwizZz has always been a less than average rapper.. Hopsin carried the whole Funk Volume team out, and now that he's not dropping an album, everyone starts hating on the label because they're affiliated to him.

Essence
Essence
Registered Member

Sat 26 Jan 2013 - 2:49
Trimss wrote:

SwizZz is the worst member of the whole group. His punchlines are terrible and really "Lil Wayne-esque" (I know y'all are gonna hate) but it's true.
His verse wasn't that bad but ..

"You niggas ain't ready to stop me from runnin' it; Tim Tebow " Seriously? I hope all of you realize that any YM member write this kind of shit.

Jarren Benton has a sick flow, a sick delivery most of the time and he is funny as fuck. However his beats are often shit and don't fit his style.

Dizzy Wright makes the chillest music and he's actually the easiest one to listen to.

Funk Volume is better now than in the beggining.. You're talking out of nostalgia, that's about it. You heard too much bullshit about how FV changed and it went straight to your head.

SwizZz has always been a less than average rapper.. Hopsin carried the whole Funk Volume team out, and now that he's not dropping an album, everyone starts hating on the label because they're affiliated to him.

SwizZz's punchlines were corny as fuck in this song. But in other songs he has way better lines than Wayne. Benton has potential, he says no more bullshit for his next album.

I agree with the rest though.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Sat 26 Jan 2013 - 3:41

I pretty much agree with you about everything apart from jokerr being good and i did enjoy this song, even though it was a let down.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Sat 26 Jan 2013 - 3:52

I agree with pretty much most of this. Hopsin just doesn't seem to have that same spark that he used to have. But I won't judge him until Knock Madness comes out (Which I'm sure will be a great album and at least as good as RAW).

I also agree with you that 2009-2010 FV was a lot better than the current FV. They're just not making the same music that made me become a fan.

Spanky
Spanky
Registered Member

Sat 26 Jan 2013 - 5:35
Honestly... This song was something different. Yes its different, you haven't heard a legitement Hopsin song/beat since RAW. There was Ill mind 5 but that was it. So of course its going to be differen't. Eminem Show was hell of different from MMLP. SwizZz had a decent verse. Dizzy had a more easy flow to listen to, and better than lots of stuff he writes. Jarren did pretty good, expected more but it wasn't bad. Hopsin had same flow, some lyrics (in the way presented) feel a little recycled, (not the lyrics themselces) but overall this song is great. Of course its different, its been more than 2 years since a Hopsin album/beat.
King
King
Registered Member

Sat 26 Jan 2013 - 5:50
I feel like people have yet to grasp the vibe of different songs, for example a few people believe a verse is not worth anything if they are not trying to spit it hard so to say.. this is also tied in with nostalgia, I know this being a long time fan myself, however I like to take songs in face value and take all into consideration, I don't only see things as great or horrible I see in between both words as well.

The same people who dislike one song would listen to another song that they enjoy and not notice they share some of the same flaws that the song they disliked has, however since one song fits their taste as a whole theres a small bias. Everyone is like this thats why we all have different taste in music to different extents.

If everyone on the FV2013 track sped up their verses and rapped about how they will kill someone I bet an overwhelming amount of people would disregard the repetitiveness of the topic because it fits their taste, thats how we are.

Essence
Essence
Registered Member

Sat 26 Jan 2013 - 6:30
King wrote:I feel like people have yet to grasp the vibe of different songs, for example a few people believe a verse is not worth anything if they are not trying to spit it hard so to say.. this is also tied in with nostalgia, I know this being a long time fan myself, however I like to take songs in face value and take all into consideration, I don't only see things as great or horrible I see in between both words as well.

The same people who dislike one song would listen to another song that they enjoy and not notice they share some of the same flaws that the song they disliked has, however since one song fits their taste as a whole theres a small bias. Everyone is like this thats why we all have different taste in music to different extents.

If everyone on the FV2013 track sped up their verses and rapped about how they will kill someone I bet an overwhelming amount of people would disregard the repetitiveness of the topic because it fits their taste, thats how we are.

That doesn't really apply to me. I don't care if they don't spit hard, I care about lyrics;and this song was mediocre lyrically compared to past songs. The delivery was fine though.
akaDan
akaDan
Registered Member

Sat 26 Jan 2013 - 6:45
I think you all need to pay more attention to swizzz. yeah, he does punch line rap. just because that's his style it doesn't make him another wayne. swizzzs flow is among the best in the group, if not the best. how you can say you like jarren but then not swizzz because of 'lyrics' is beyond me. it just doesn't make sense. I think they're all sick at their own style, but swizzz particularly is a beast. his flow is brilliant.
King
King
Registered Member

Sat 26 Jan 2013 - 7:09
Emblem wrote:
King wrote:I feel like people have yet to grasp the vibe of different songs, for example a few people believe a verse is not worth anything if they are not trying to spit it hard so to say.. this is also tied in with nostalgia, I know this being a long time fan myself, however I like to take songs in face value and take all into consideration, I don't only see things as great or horrible I see in between both words as well.

That doesn't really apply to me. I don't care if they don't spit hard, I care about lyrics;and this song was mediocre lyrically compared to past songs. The delivery was fine though.

It applies to everyone at least slightly, it's subconscious even if you acknowledge a song unbiased theres always something you prefer in terms of taste that alters your opinion.
Some more than others though.
SdoubleT
SdoubleT
Registered Member

Sat 26 Jan 2013 - 10:22
everybody looks to deep into shit.. i thought the song was ok. i think swizz's verse was best. just enjoy the music,. stop picking everything apart, enjoy it, an if their music aint what you like anymore. stop listening to them. dont comment on every song crying and bitching that it aint what you expected and this an that. either you like it or you dont. you dont need to give the break down of every lil thing. jesus
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Sat 26 Jan 2013 - 10:33
SdoubleT wrote:everybody looks to deep into shit.. i thought the song was ok. i think swizz's verse was best. just enjoy the music,. stop picking everything apart, enjoy it, an if their music aint what you like anymore. stop listening to them. dont comment on every song crying and bitching that it aint what you expected and this an that. either you like it or you dont. you dont need to give the break down of every lil thing. jesus
This is what I've been thinking the whole time
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Sat 26 Jan 2013 - 12:16
the beat reminds me of Kush
King
King
Registered Member

Sat 26 Jan 2013 - 20:41
Chorus is reminds me of nate dogg a little bit, I think it's dope.
Hop switched it up a bit.
King
King
Registered Member

Sat 26 Jan 2013 - 20:46
SdoubleT wrote:everybody looks to deep into shit.. i thought the song was ok. i think swizz's verse was best. just enjoy the music,. stop picking everything apart, enjoy it, an if their music aint what you like anymore. stop listening to them. dont comment on every song crying and bitching that it aint what you expected and this an that. either you like it or you dont. you dont need to give the break down of every lil thing. jesus

Thats what people seem to do when they don't like a song, yet when they like it they don't really pick it apart too often. Honestly at the end of the day it's just their opinion though we all have them, the whining is not needed though thats just annoying.
Essence
Essence
Registered Member

Sat 26 Jan 2013 - 21:06
Well this is a forum and that's what everybody does on forums. We discuss the good and the bad.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum