Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

The Only Color That Matters Is Green - Pacewon & Mr. Green (Album Review) Empty The Only Color That Matters Is Green - Pacewon & Mr. Green (Album Review)

Tue 23 Oct 2012 - 23:45
I've never really listened to much music from Pacewon, but I've listened to some of his music before and I've always considered him as a very good MC. Here is my review after one listen per song, enjoy!

1. Four Quarters: This is a very good song to start off the album. The beat is very well put together and the drum kicks fit perfectly with the tempo of the instrumental. The rhyming was also pretty solid. (8/10)

2. Children Sing: I really like this beat and it's one of my favorites on the album. The singing children in the background really complement the beat. The hook is also very catchy and Mr. Green does a nice job on the song. (8.5/10)

3. The Eye of the Needle: For some reason, I didn't enjoy this song too much. The storytelling was good, but I just wasn't feeling this track. (7/10)

4. I Need Money: This beat is really fucking good! It really compliments Pacewon's smooth flow. Good song with well put together rhymes (8.5/10)

5. Let A Shot Go: This song is pretty solid. I liked the beat and the vibe of this song was pretty good, but this wasn't my favorite on the album. (7.5/10)

6. Who I Am: I like this song, it's a real chill song to listen to. The beat is cool and it's just a good song to vibe to. (8/10)

7. Hip-Hop: This is another solid song on the album. Nothing great, but it gets the job done. (8/10)

8. Childhood (Feat. Mary Lou, Cymarshall Law & Koshadillz): I like this song, it’s pretty good. The hook is solid and there are some nice lines in here. (8/10)

9. So Straight: This is a good song with a good beat and hook. One of my favorites on the album. (9/10)

10.Won On Won: This chorus is pretty good and the lines are very well done on this song. It's a solid song overall (8/10)

11. She Can Be So Cold: The beat on this song is good overall and the lyrics are on point. (8/10)

12. The Joker: This song is a diss towards Eminem and I like the way it sounds overall. A lot of the lines on this song are well thought out and you can tell he really took some time to write this. I also like the hook on this track. (9/10)

Production: 9/10
Lyrics: 7.8/10
Overall grade: 8/10

This is a very solid album, but this just isn't the type of music I prefer, but it was a nice listen. Glad I reviewed this album! Hope you liked it, Chokey! haha
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

The Only Color That Matters Is Green - Pacewon & Mr. Green (Album Review) Empty Re: The Only Color That Matters Is Green - Pacewon & Mr. Green (Album Review)

Wed 24 Oct 2012 - 0:00
Im actually suprised how much you like the album. The lowest you gave a song was 7 that's even higher than I would give. I really respect your opinion on each song and see that you did listen it through. Personally I agree with you nearly all over with the reviews on each song. Still I think there is at least 1 or 2 10/10 but I adore Pacewon so it's not really an obective statement.
Glad you liked it. Im glad you did a review on it.
@TheEminemDiss he didn't just diss Eminem cause he likes dissing people he actually has a reason. Dunno if you know the background story but he really had his reasons.

Thumbs Up btw their new album came out last month I think if you didn't know "the only number that matters is won". Same genre, same style it is IMO not as good as Only Color but it is still really good and has some songs that are worth listening to if you are into this album.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

The Only Color That Matters Is Green - Pacewon & Mr. Green (Album Review) Empty Re: The Only Color That Matters Is Green - Pacewon & Mr. Green (Album Review)

Wed 24 Oct 2012 - 0:06
Chokey wrote:Im actually suprised how much you like the album. The lowest you gave a song was 7 that's even higher than I would give. I really respect your opinion on each song and see that you did listen it through. Personally I agree with you nearly all over with the reviews on each song. Still I think there is at least 1 or 2 10/10 but I adore Pacewon so it's not really an obective statement.
@TheEminemDiss he didn't just diss Eminem cause he likes dissing people he actually has a reason. Dunno if you know the background story but he really had his reasons.

Thumbs Up btw their new album came out last month I think if you didn't know "the only number that matters is won". Same genre, same style it is IMO not as good as Only Color but it is still really good and has some songs that are worth listening to if you are into this album.

Yeah, I thought it was a nice listen. It's not really my style of Hip Hop music. I'm not really into the hardcore rap that much, but this was an easy album to listen to.

And the reason he dissed Eminem was because when Em got signed by Dre, he chose D12 over the Outsidaz and basically he's pissed at Em for just leaving him behind even though him and his group helped Em when he was an underground rapper. Is that right? I'm not 100% sure, but that's what I remember.

I've seen some reviews on the album, but I probably won't check it out due to the poor reviews it received. I saw a lot of people saying that the production and lyrics weren't nearly as good as this album.
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Wed 24 Oct 2012 - 0:19
Buddie wrote:
Chokey wrote:Im actually suprised how much you like the album. The lowest you gave a song was 7 that's even higher than I would give. I really respect your opinion on each song and see that you did listen it through. Personally I agree with you nearly all over with the reviews on each song. Still I think there is at least 1 or 2 10/10 but I adore Pacewon so it's not really an obective statement.

Yeah, I thought it was a nice listen. It's not really my style of Hip Hop music. I'm not really into the hardcore rap that much, but this was an easy album to listen to.

And the reason he dissed Eminem was because when Em got signed by Dre, he chose D12 over the Outsidaz and basically he's pissed at Em for just leaving him behind even though him and his group helped Em when he was an underground rapper. Is that right? I'm not 100% sure, but that's what I remember.

I've seen some reviews on the album, but I probably won't check it out due to the poor reviews it received. I saw a lot of people saying that the production and lyrics weren't nearly as good as this album.
When Em got signed he forgot all about Outsidaz and made D12 his group. Douchebag move. Besides that Em told Pace change the lyrics on the 8 mile track (not sure about this and not sure if Pacewon should have been in it or what) but Pace got pretty pissed at him for this yes. They used to be buddies and Pace and his crew helped him.

I've actually not listened that much to the album because I've had others albums to listen through first. I listened the whole album through once it came out. I agree that it aint near Only Color but some of the songs on it are actually good but I got dissapointed when it dropped cause I had so high expectasions for it. It is not a bad album it just dont live up to Only Color tbh.

I am neither into this music normally myself but with Pacewon I can listen all day. And with Green on the beat... oh boy It's simply eargasm. He can diss Eminem and still be awesome. He is untouchable.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Wed 24 Oct 2012 - 0:59
Chokey wrote:
Buddie wrote:

When Em got signed he forgot all about Outsidaz and made D12 his group. Douchebag move. Besides that Em told Pace change the lyrics on the 8 mile track (not sure about this and not sure if Pacewon should have been in it or what) but Pace got pretty pissed at him for this yes. They used to be buddies and Pace and his crew helped him.

I've actually not listened that much to the album because I've had others albums to listen through first. I listened the whole album through once it came out. I agree that it aint near Only Color but some of the songs on it are actually good but I got dissapointed when it dropped cause I had so high expectasions for it. It is not a bad album it just dont live up to Only Color tbh.

I am neither into this music normally myself but with Pacewon I can listen all day. And with Green on the beat... oh boy It's simply eargasm. He can diss Eminem and still be awesome. He is untouchable.

Yeah I have a lot of respect for Pacewon and the Outsidaz. Glad you liked the review man!
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Thu 25 Oct 2012 - 7:34
I might check this out.
I've heard Pacewon on "Ain't Hard To Find" and he spat a tight verse alongside the Dead Poets.
DJ Absurd makes some nice beats as well.
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Wed 5 Dec 2012 - 18:52
Perfect Stranger wrote:I might check this out.
I've heard Pacewon on "Ain't Hard To Find" and he spat a tight verse alongside the Dead Poets.
DJ Absurd makes some nice beats as well.
did you ever check it out?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum