Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

iMayday "Thrift Store Halos" Review Empty iMayday "Thrift Store Halos" Review

Sun 12 Aug 2012 - 4:54
iMayday "Thrift Store Halos" Review Mayday-thriftstorehalos

iMayday! “THRIFT STORE HALOS” Review

I usually make really long-winded explanations about albums but this is an EP, and most are short and too the point.
This record is full of material that is layered in chilled out symphonies of guitar strings being plucked lightly and laid back drums hitting the spot every time.

Smoked out and alcoholic so to speak sound scopes compliment the haramonizes and laid back but never boring delivery of front man, Wrekonize, leaving Bernz sounding slightly out of place.

Highlights include, “Strange March” featuring Ces Cru & Brotha Lynch Hung, this song is literally a match made in heaven, with each Stranger counterpart creating vignettes that instantly give you an eargasm but proves that domination is essential in rising to the top for iMayday.

“Exile” is a tale filled with lyrics about moving on, starting a fresh, which instantaneously results in further success and nights of partying, inevitably it all ends in a good time.
This CD is true to the word EP, it’s exactly an extended play of the dopeness incorporated on Take Me To Your Leader.

I’m sure if I smoked weed regularly this CD would be more mesmerizing then it already is, but that’s the beauty of Mayday, whether your drink a lot or just go about your business in search of good music they’ve got what you need.
Del the Funk Homosapein outshines both Wrek and Bernz on “The Ride”, which is to be considered a feat in itself.
“The Hangover” closes it out with a song featuring stellar verses from both Wrek and Bernz but what’s more impressive is Wrek’s singing and ability to make his delivery sound more pleasant than it already is.

It’s the perfect way to end the EP, because “The Hangover” is essentially the end of the party that is this beautiful masterpiece.

9.5/10 – Virtually flawless if Mayday continue making music like this, they can enjoy what is already a solid career.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

iMayday "Thrift Store Halos" Review Empty Re: iMayday "Thrift Store Halos" Review

Sun 12 Aug 2012 - 5:47
close to mine , just .2 off :p

nice work. stuck :D
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum