Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breaking Bad Discussion (SPOILERS)

+11
King
hupsun
DGCK
dukeblue
BabySmacker
Jeet
Frankie
STRANGEgenius
Hyde
GangusKahn
41OMaXiMuS
15 posters
Go down
Mark us
Mark us
Registered Member

Breaking Bad Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 7 Empty Re: Breaking Bad Discussion (SPOILERS)

Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 11:30
Jeet wrote:
Mark us wrote:
BabySmacker wrote:lol nah. i haven't even watched Dexter. the BrBa hype has not yet died down in my heart.

edit: 

for what it's worth i always wanted to give Dexter a shot.
I think Breaking Bad is more accessible and more of a entertainung show than Dexter is. The whole drugs/gansta theme and this W.W. "I'm not in danger I AM the danger" morphing a nerdy loser guy into the Terminator makes it so popular. What makes Dexter the best tv show for me, is the idea of seeing the world from the eyes of someone who doesn't understand the alleged natural ways of human life and behaviour - a misfit to our so called society. It questions the imagination of a world divided into "bad" and "good" and puts our morals and rules into perspective. When is killing justified - or why even has it to be justified? Do "good" and "bad" even exist? I think the whole show has a positive feeling to it, though it shall reflect the bad sides of us.

Basically Breaking Bad is about a good person gone bad and Dexter ist just the opposite. But of course it's not all just black and white.
Breaking Bad addresses a lot of these issues too. It's just not as obvious.
Of course it does. If it doesn't I would't even compare these two series. But the whole concept of the character of Dexter is way more interesting imo and still I think it has more depth than Breaking Bad. If BB wasn't about that gangsta shit it wouldn't be as much as popular as it is as a matter of fact.

Dexter is more close to what everybody of us has to live with. Sure, we don't kill people but every person has his inner conflicts and his struggle with life. I think Dexter perfectly embodys that.
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Breaking Bad Discussion (SPOILERS) - Page 7 Empty Re: Breaking Bad Discussion (SPOILERS)

Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 19:52
I think you're selling Breaking Bad a little short man.

Also, do you happen to watch Game of Thrones? By the way you're talking...sounds like it'd be up your alley.
Mark us
Mark us
Registered Member

Sat 12 Oct 2013 - 9:44
BabySmacker wrote:I think you're selling Breaking Bad a little short man.

Also, do you happen to watch Game of Thrones? By the way you're talking...sounds like it'd be up your alley.
Well, it's also because of the voice-overs of Dexter that you really have the feeling to be able to look inside his head and experience everything through him. This is a reason why one can so well identify with him and what makes the show so vivid imo.

I did watch the first 7 episodes of GoT. Honestly I have no use for it, what has to do with the whole theme. I can't understand what's so special about this. I would rather read the books.
Registered Member

Sat 16 Nov 2013 - 20:43
Alternate Ending...

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum