Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Close to 20' dead in Connecticut school shooting

+11
theungod
Nidac_7
Perfect Stranger
SdoubleT
41OMaXiMuS
Jeet
FactoryOfEmbers
akaDan
King
anthonyFv
15 posters
Go down
Registered Member

'Close to 20' dead in Connecticut school shooting Empty 'Close to 20' dead in Connecticut school shooting

Fri 14 Dec 2012 - 18:52

(CNN) -- Nearly 20 people died Friday in a school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, a law enforcement source with knowledge of the investigation told CNN.
At least 10 of the dead at Sandy Hook Elementary School were children, the source said.

A parent who was inside the school at the time of the attack said she heard what sounded like at least 100 rounds being fired. She said she saw two school employees who had died.

Hospital officials in neighboring Danbury said they were treating three people wounded in the shooting. Danbury Mayor Mark Boughton said the victims were in "very serious" condition.

The shooter is dead, a source with knowledge of the investigation told CNN's Susan Candiotti. The suspect's body is in a classroom at the school, the source said.
Police have recovered two weapons from the suspect, a Glock and a Sig Sauer, the source said. It's unclear if police killed the suspect.

'It doesn't seem possible' -- parents shocked by school shooting

Police and teachers rushed students from the building as police swarmed the area shortly after the first calls came in, around 9:40 a.m. ET. Officials moved students to a nearby firehouse, where parents frantically sought information about their children.

Third-grader Alexis Wasik said police and teachers barged into her classroom and told students to hide in the corner.

"Everybody was crying," she said. "And I just heard the police officers yelling."
Aerial images from CNN affiliate News 12 New Jersey showed police officers armed with rifles following a dog into woods near the school.
Other officers, some in tactical gear, stood around the school with guns drawn, CNN affiliate WFSB reported.

All schools in the city were on lockdown Friday as police assessed the situation, state police spokesman Lt. Paul Vance said.
White House spokesman Jay Carney said the administration feels "enormous sympathy" for affected families and pledged federal support for state and local law enforcement.

Newtown is about 60 miles north of New York.

SOURCE

This guy deserves much worse than death. Burn in hell.
anthonyFv
Registered Member

'Close to 20' dead in Connecticut school shooting Empty Re: 'Close to 20' dead in Connecticut school shooting

Fri 14 Dec 2012 - 19:53
just saw this as well, truly sad. Sometimes I wonder how there can be such sick people in this world.
King
King
Registered Member

'Close to 20' dead in Connecticut school shooting Empty Re: 'Close to 20' dead in Connecticut school shooting

Fri 14 Dec 2012 - 20:48
Saw this just now on the news, this is fucked up on so many levels.
Just got informed that it was about 28 people killed, 20 being little kids.

akaDan
akaDan
Registered Member

Fri 14 Dec 2012 - 20:50
I'd like to hear all y'all thoughts on gun control in america. I live in the UK and we have no problems like this, because we don't let just any civilians have access to firearms.

Such a tragedy.
FactoryOfEmbers
FactoryOfEmbers
Registered Member

Fri 14 Dec 2012 - 20:52
Makes my blood boil. So many childrens lives taken so meaninglessly, and entire families destroyed.

I don't understand U.S gun laws, being from the U.K, it doesn't make a damn bit of sense and people are being killed all over, almost monthly now.
King
King
Registered Member

Fri 14 Dec 2012 - 20:56
Gun laws or not people get through the law to obtain them, this person had no right to own a gun. There is only one way to put it, people are fucked up.
akaDan
akaDan
Registered Member

Fri 14 Dec 2012 - 20:59
King wrote:Gun laws or not people get through the law to obtain them, this person had no right to own a gun. There is only one way to put it, people are fucked up.

But that's the thing, we never get incidents like these in the UK, where we don't have the relaxed gun laws like in the 'states.

Edit: comparatively relaxed.
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Fri 14 Dec 2012 - 21:00
akaDan wrote:I'd like to hear all y'all thoughts on gun control in america. I live in the UK and we have no problems like this, because we don't let just any civilians have access to firearms.

Such a tragedy.
This, except I'm from Australia.

People like to bring up "Oh it doesn't matter if we ban guns or not, people will find a way to obtain them and it won't change anything", but I don't think that's true at all.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/410maximus

Fri 14 Dec 2012 - 21:01
akaDan wrote:I'd like to hear all y'all thoughts on gun control in america. I live in the UK and we have no problems like this, because we don't let just any civilians have access to firearms.

Such a tragedy.

I'm against gun control... but I'm all for a stricter system for obtaining guns. I also think that every gun owner should be required to purchase a special case for their guns (protected by a digital combination).
akaDan
akaDan
Registered Member

Fri 14 Dec 2012 - 21:02
Nobody needs a gun.
King
King
Registered Member

Fri 14 Dec 2012 - 21:04
41OMaXiMuS wrote:

Such a tragedy.

I'm against gun control... but I'm all for a stricter system for obtaining guns. I also think that every gun owner should be required to purchase a special case for their guns (protected by a digital combination).

This sounds reasonable.
akaDan
akaDan
Registered Member

Fri 14 Dec 2012 - 21:07
King wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:

Such a tragedy.

This sounds reasonable.

What's stopping the gun owner using it wrongly?

The fact is, if you let a man own a gun, you put everyone else at his mercy.
King
King
Registered Member

Fri 14 Dec 2012 - 21:10
Guns are not the only things that do harm.
akaDan
akaDan
Registered Member

Fri 14 Dec 2012 - 21:10
King wrote:Guns are not the only things that do harm.

You're right, but it's a lot easier to overpower a man who has a knife than a man who has two pistols.
King
King
Registered Member

Fri 14 Dec 2012 - 21:18
I believe the issue is responsibility and protection, not guns.
irresponsible people should not obtain rights to guns and such guns should only be used by those with rights. Of course there's always a slight chance of a gun owner losing his mind and doing the wrong thing. There no way you can have an 100% safe world. Making rules and regulations stricter would be more reasonable than banning the freedom have them itself.

anthonyFv
Registered Member

Fri 14 Dec 2012 - 21:19

Such a tragedy.
yes we are definitely one of the worst and its because of the culture over here. Gun control will only cause more problems and people will just illegally obtain them more just like Drug Laws, it would also leave the good civilians defenseless against them as well as our own government (whos pretty goddamn close to turning into a tyranny). Like I said its the culture of you always need to pull out your gun, and the fear that is put into everyone by the media and what not.
akaDan
akaDan
Registered Member

Fri 14 Dec 2012 - 21:23
King wrote:I believe the issue is responsibility and protection, not guns.
irresponsible people should not obtain rights to guns and such guns should only be used by those with rights. Of course there's always a slight chance of a gun owner losing his mind and doing the wrong thing. There no way you can have an 100% safe world. Making rules and regulations stricter would be more reasonable than banning the freedom have them itself.

But that slight chance of a gun owner doing the wrong thing, even if it was just one guy, puts peoples lives in danger. Of course you're never gonna have a 100% safe world, but don't you think getting rid of firearms altogether is worth saving the life of the hypothetical victim of that ONE gun owner? You can't argue statistics, the UK has nowhere near the gun control problems that the US has, and those problems result in people's deaths. How many deaths are justifiable before you decide to control them in a similar manner to more strict countries?

I don't think any deaths are justifiable. You have more gun crime, guns should have tighter control. Lets face it, NO ONE really needs a gun.
King
King
Registered Member

Fri 14 Dec 2012 - 21:28
akaDan wrote:

But that slight chance of a gun owner doing the wrong thing, even if it was just one guy, puts peoples lives in danger. Of course you're never gonna have a 100% safe world, but don't you think getting rid of firearms altogether is worth saving the life of the hypothetical victim of that ONE gun owner? You can't argue statistics, the UK has nowhere near the gun control problems that the US has, and those problems result in people's deaths. How many deaths are justifiable before you decide to control them in a similar manner to more strict countries?

I don't think any deaths are justifiable. You have more gun crime, guns should have tighter control. Lets face it, NO ONE really needs a gun.

As I said.
akaDan
akaDan
Registered Member

Fri 14 Dec 2012 - 21:32
King wrote:
akaDan wrote:

As I said.

I don't understand, you said irresponsible people should not be allowed to own guns. Being irresponsible isn't something you're born with.
King
King
Registered Member

Fri 14 Dec 2012 - 21:34
akaDan wrote:
King wrote:
akaDan wrote:

As I said.

I don't understand, you said irresponsible people should not be allowed to own guns. Being irresponsible isn't something you're born with.

It's something that could generally be based off of an individuals character and humane reasoning.
SdoubleT
SdoubleT
Registered Member

Fri 14 Dec 2012 - 21:34
im from canada, nothing liek this ever happenes here either. i dunno wtf goes on in the states man. kill children? liek seriousley.. why do so many people kill each other down there. its always guns too. to actually walk in and fire on young kids. kindergarden students. cant even belive it. thats crazy. theres obv something not right down there, something needs to be fixed. shootings happen too often.
akaDan
akaDan
Registered Member

Fri 14 Dec 2012 - 21:35
King wrote:
akaDan wrote:
King wrote:
akaDan wrote:

As I said.

It's something that could be generally be based off of an individuals character and humane reasoning.

People can change due to events in their lives. It's not black or white.
akaDan
akaDan
Registered Member

Fri 14 Dec 2012 - 21:36
In fact, I'd go as far as saying anyone who wants to own a gun is not responsible.
King
King
Registered Member

Fri 14 Dec 2012 - 21:39
akaDan wrote:
King wrote:
akaDan wrote:
King wrote:
akaDan wrote:

As I said.

It's something that could be generally be based off of an individuals character and humane reasoning.

People can change due to events in their lives. It's not black or white.

Of course anyone could burn a car, rape, kidnap and strangle someone to death due to events in their life even if it's unjustifiable. However THAT is the main issue in society, extra tools that those people use to cause harm can be put into better protection and only be utilized productively.
SdoubleT
SdoubleT
Registered Member

Fri 14 Dec 2012 - 21:41
i agree. guns are not needed. but the U.S has been so open on guns for so long. theres no way they can remove them from societty now. unless they do a clean sweep of the whole country and still wouldnt be able to find them all. here in canada, not many people owns guns, only hunters, with rifles or shotguns.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum