Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kamikaze
Kamikaze
Registered Member

1 Dead, 4 Wounded After Ohio High School Shooting Empty 1 Dead, 4 Wounded After Ohio High School Shooting

Wed 29 Feb 2012 - 17:59
A student gunman opened fire with a handgun in an Ohio high
school cafeteria on Monday, fatally wounding one boy and injuring four
other students before he was arrested after a teacher chased him from
the building, police said.

The injured students were rushed to area hospitals where 16-year-old
Daniel Parmertor, a high school junior who attended a nearby vocational
school where he studied computer science, died at MetroHealth System in
Cleveland.

Parmertor had been waiting in the school cafeteria for a bus when the
gunman opened fire in an attack that Education Secretary Arne Duncan
called an "unspeakable tragedy."

"Danny was a bright young boy who had a bright future ahead of him,"
Parmertor's family said in a statement provided by MetroHealth. "The
family is torn by this loss. We ask that you respect our privacy during
this difficult time."

The shooting near Cleveland was the worst at a U.S. high school in 11
months and the worst in Ohio since late 2007, according to the Brady
Center to Prevent Gun Violence.

Two of the four other victims were in critical condition at MetroHealth,
according to Chardon Police Chief Tim McKenna. A MetroHealth
spokeswoman declined to provide updates on the two students' condition
on Monday evening.

"We are respecting the privacy of the families," Sharon Mortland said. "We have no further information at this time."

A 17-year-old boy, meanwhile, was in serious condition and an
18-year-old girl was stable at Hillcrest Hospital in suburban Cleveland,
a spokeswoman there said.

Geauga Sheriff's department officials said the suspect was caught about
half an hour after the shooting with the help of citizens and a police
dog.

Police have not formally identified the gunman, who is a juvenile, but
students, parents of students and local media named him as T.J. Lane. By
early afternoon, police and FBI had surrounded a brown house in a
rural, wooded area of Chardon identified in public records as belonging
to Thomas Lane.

The shooting took place at around 7:30 a.m. local time as students were
in the cafeteria studying and eating breakfast. A Chardon High School
student, Danielle Samples, 16, who was in the cafeteria at the time,
told Reuters she heard a series of "pops" and someone yelled to run down
the hallway into a classroom. While Samples was in the hall, she heard
another round of pops.

"It hasn't hit me yet," Samples said of the experience. "It's very surreal."

She said the shooter was not a Chardon student but a student at Lake
Academy in Willoughby, which serves at-risk students. He was at
Chardon's cafeteria waiting for a bus. She said the student lived with
his grandparents and sister.

SUSPECTED SHOOTER DESCRIBED AS QUIET

Chardon freshman Sofia Larkins, 14, was sitting with Lane's sister when
the shooting began. "She didn't know anything," Larkins said. "She was
surprised as anyone."

The two girls fled to a teachers' lounge when the shooting erupted, and
began hearing talk that T.J. was the shooter, Larkins said. His sister
began crying. Larkins said school officials came to the lounge and took
his sister away for questioning.

Fellow students described T.J. Lane as "quiet."

Emergency vehicles rushed to the high school after the shooting, where
solemn-looking students streamed from the building to meet parents. The
entire school district was closed for the day and will be closed on
Tuesday.

"We want them to stay home and spend some time reflecting on family," an
emotional Joseph Bergant, superintendent of Chardon schools, told a
news conference. He urged parents to hug and kiss their children. He
praised the actions of teachers, who had been through disaster training
and acted quickly to protect the students.

The teacher who chased the gunman from the school was not identified.
Larkins said one teacher who was in the cafeteria at the time was a
football coach, Frank Hall, who could not immediately be reached for
comment.

Chardon, the seat of Geauga County, is a semi-rural, fairly
well-educated and affluent town about 35 miles from Cleveland with a
population of about 5,000, according to the U.S. Census and Chardon's
web site. The town contains neatly restored brick buildings downtown
with quaint offices and shops. Its web site describes it as the center
of the state's maple syrup industry.

The school that some of the injured students attended is Auburn Career
Academy, a vocational school with 700 juniors and seniors taken from 11
surrounding school districts including Chardon, Auburn superintendent
Maggie Lynch said. They were waiting in the cafeteria for the bus.

The mother of a student in Chardon, who asked not to be identified, said her son knew the accused gunman.

"My son's reaction was 'this doesn't surprise me.' T.J. (Lane) was a
nice sweet kid who was misunderstood and he probably cracked from being
different," she said.

The deadliest school shooting in the United States was the 2007 massacre
at Virginia Tech University that left 33 people dead. The worst high
school shooting was the 1999 attack at Columbine High School in Colorado
that killed 12 students and a teacher.

Source
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/410maximus

1 Dead, 4 Wounded After Ohio High School Shooting Empty Re: 1 Dead, 4 Wounded After Ohio High School Shooting

Wed 29 Feb 2012 - 18:01
They need to start putting metal detectors in EVERY school. Only way this shit is gonna stop.
GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/Gangu5Kahn?feature=mhee

1 Dead, 4 Wounded After Ohio High School Shooting Empty Re: 1 Dead, 4 Wounded After Ohio High School Shooting

Wed 29 Feb 2012 - 18:55
41OMaXiMuS wrote:They need to start putting metal detectors in EVERY school. Only way this shit is gonna stop.

And another way to slowly turn the USA into Nazi Germany....If the kid wanted to kill some people to make a point, a few metal detectors wouldn't stop him.

"Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither."
-Benjamin Franklin

Think I'mma post that on my wall...Love that quote
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Wed 29 Feb 2012 - 18:58
GangusKahn wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:They need to start putting metal detectors in EVERY school. Only way this shit is gonna stop.

And another way to slowly turn the USA into Nazi Germany....If the kid wanted to kill some people to make a point, a few metal detectors wouldn't stop him.

-Benjamin Franklin

I went to a school that had metal detectors... didn't take away any freedom. It kept bad shit from getting inside the school.
GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member

Wed 29 Feb 2012 - 19:03
41OMaXiMuS wrote:
GangusKahn wrote:

-Benjamin Franklin

I went to a school that had metal detectors... didn't take away any freedom. It kept bad shit from getting inside the school.

Freedom is having the right to walk from A to B without being fucking scanned...If you can't travel freely without being bothered then you are not free. Just like those DUI checkpoints...Those are hella unconstitutional.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Wed 29 Feb 2012 - 19:07
GangusKahn wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:
GangusKahn wrote:

-Benjamin Franklin

Freedom is having the right to walk from A to B without being fucking scanned...If you can't travel freely without being bothered then you are not free. Just like those DUI checkpoints...Those are hella unconstitutional.

I agree with you about the DUI checkpoints, that shits not right.

And maybe putting metal detectors in the school wouldn't do much, seeing as how you could just wait for everyone to get out of school and shoot them right there as they come out in a huge crowd. But I still think they should have them in schools... if you aren't doing anything wrong, you have nothing to hide. If you don't wanna be scanned, don't go to school. If you aren't holding a gun or a knife when you walk through that scanner you have nothing to worry about.
GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member

Wed 29 Feb 2012 - 19:11
41OMaXiMuS wrote:
GangusKahn wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:
GangusKahn wrote:

-Benjamin Franklin

And maybe putting metal detectors in the school wouldn't do much, seeing as how you could just wait for everyone to get out of school and shoot them right there as they come out in a huge crowd. But I still think they should have them in schools... if you aren't doing anything wrong, you have nothing to hide.

They prevent nothing tho...Yeah it might stop kids from bringing weapons to school...But if your seriously planning on killing people you are not gonna let a metal detector get in your way...You know that...Those are just conditioning kids to be scanned and searched daily. They start off small like this (Checkpoints/TSA/School scans)....Next thing you know, you can't even travel out of your county without showing your papers...I'm not saying you or anyone that doesn't see this is ignorant, you probably just haven't really thought of it yet...This is some NWO conditioning shit...Think about it.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Wed 29 Feb 2012 - 19:14
GangusKahn wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:
GangusKahn wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:
GangusKahn wrote:

-Benjamin Franklin

And maybe putting metal detectors in the school wouldn't do much, seeing as how you could just wait for everyone to get out of school and shoot them right there as they come out in a huge crowd. But I still think they should have them in schools... if you aren't doing anything wrong, you have nothing to hide.

They prevent nothing tho...Yeah it might stop kids from bringing weapons to school...But if your seriously planning on killing people you are not gonna let a metal detector get in your way...You know that...Those are just conditioning kids to be scanned and searched daily. They start off small like this (Checkpoints/TSA/School scans)....Next thing you know, you can't even travel out of your county without showing your papers...I'm not saying you or anyone that doesn't see this is ignorant, you probably just haven't really thought of it yet...This is some NWO conditioning shit...Think about it.

Schools that have metal detectors catch students with guns all the time... look it up. Mad kids got caught at my school.

I'm not arguing the freedom / conditioning thing... I'm just saying it does work, even if it's not 100% fool proof.
GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member

Wed 29 Feb 2012 - 19:19
41OMaXiMuS wrote:
GangusKahn wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:
GangusKahn wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:
GangusKahn wrote:

-Benjamin Franklin

Schools that have metal detectors catch students with guns all the time... look it up. Mad kids got caught at my school.

I'm not arguing the freedom / conditioning thing... I'm just saying it does work, even if it's not 100% fool proof.

The only way that could have prevented a murder is if the kid had no idea the school had metal detectors...Or if he was a new kid...Or if he was stupid and didn't think the gun was made of metal..

I mean cmon...You and I both know kids will do shit knowing they will get caught just to have that bad ass rep...Shit I used to go to class drunk as fuck knowing I''d get caught just to be funny. If I felt like I needed to be a hard ass I'd bring a gun and get caught...Its not like the kid went to prison...He woulda been a (Most likely) minor and was only carrying.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum