Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am I the only one who thought the Independent Living Video wasnt to special

+17
Essence
Nay Nay
Buddie
BabySmacker
Jeet
FVsanfran
knockmathers
Jumpy
King
achmed420
Chokey
whufcwesthamunited
AlwaysRaw
STRANGEgenius
FactoryOfEmbers
anthonyFv
21 posters
Go down
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Am I the only one who thought the Independent Living Video wasnt to special - Page 2 Empty Re: Am I the only one who thought the Independent Living Video wasnt to special

Mon 1 Oct 2012 - 1:36
Jeet wrote:
Buddie wrote:
FVsanfran wrote:
Buddie wrote:I miss the good old days when FV used to make dope videos like Lucifer Effect that just made you want to keep watching it over and over again.

Are you kidding me? LOL, that video had Greenscreen in there as well and it looked like it was done in 1996.

Considering how low budget the video was compared to this one, it was by far the superior video. The Lucifer Effect video actually had a concept to it and it made sense. What concept does this video have to offer? It doesn't have one. It's just a random video of Dizzy, SwizZz, and Hop dancing while a sci-fi creature in the background just stands there.
Actually all the "sci-fi" creatures were symbolic of record execs, A&Rs etc. hence "Independent Living" it's a song about how they overcame the "demons" in the industry that held them back.

I realize that and I recognize what they were trying to do with the video, but it just didn't work IMO.
King
King
Registered Member

Am I the only one who thought the Independent Living Video wasnt to special - Page 2 Empty Re: Am I the only one who thought the Independent Living Video wasnt to special

Mon 1 Oct 2012 - 1:37
Buddie wrote:
FVsanfran wrote:
Buddie wrote:I miss the good old days when FV used to make dope videos like Lucifer Effect that just made you want to keep watching it over and over again.

Are you kidding me? LOL, that video had Greenscreen in there as well and it looked like it was done in 1996.

Considering how low budget the video was compared to this one, it was by far the superior video. The Lucifer Effect video actually had a concept to it and it made sense. What concept does this video have to offer? It doesn't have one. It's just a random video of Dizzy, SwizZz, and Hop dancing while a sci-fi creature in the background just stands there.

I almost agree, this video absolutely has a concept.

Edit: Jeet pretty much sums it up
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Mon 1 Oct 2012 - 1:38
King wrote:
Buddie wrote:
FVsanfran wrote:

I almost agree, this video absolutely has a concept.

Edit: Jeet pretty much sums it up

It does have a concept, but I just feel that they didn't pull it off well.
King
King
Registered Member

Buddie wrote:
Jeet wrote:
Buddie wrote:
FVsanfran wrote:

Actually all the "sci-fi" creatures were symbolic of record execs, A&Rs etc. hence "Independent Living" it's a song about how they overcame the "demons" in the industry that held them back.

I realize that and I recognize what they were trying to do with the video, but it just didn't work IMO.

You can say you don't like how it was done, but it definitely works and makes sense.

Last edited by King on Mon 1 Oct 2012 - 1:39; edited 1 time in total
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Buddie wrote:
Jeet wrote:
Buddie wrote:
FVsanfran wrote:

I agree, but that doesn't mean it didn't have a concept, regardless of whether it worked or not..

EDIT: nvm you guys are too quick lol
FVsanfran
Registered Member

Mon 1 Oct 2012 - 1:39
Buddie wrote:
Jeet wrote:
Buddie wrote:
FVsanfran wrote:

Iunno, maybe i like greenscreen videos, theres a few more that do this style where the camera just moves without cuts and i'm feeling how they are abstract, etc.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Mon 1 Oct 2012 - 1:45
I like the concept and I think it would have been a very good video if they did it right. If Hop would have directed/edited this (I know that's too much to ask for) then this video would have been really good. Hop can think of a concept in his head and make the video pull that particular concept off as best as possible. Whoever made and shot this video could have done a better job. I'm not saying the video is terrible, but it's not something I would show someone if I was introducing them to FV.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Mon 1 Oct 2012 - 1:50
Lucifer Effect > Indie Living.
FVsanfran
Registered Member

Mon 1 Oct 2012 - 1:56
Buddie wrote:I like the concept and I think it would have been a very good video if they did it right. If Hop would have directed/edited this (I know that's too much to ask for) then this video would have been really good. Hop can think of a concept in his head and make the video pull that particular concept off as best as possible. Whoever made and shot this video could have done a better job. I'm not saying the video is terrible, but it's not something I would show someone if I was introducing them to FV.

Look at Kanye West's Mercy. What did you think of that?

I personally feel like Independent Living video is a counter to Kanye West's Mercy and the Video is 10x better than Mercy
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Mon 1 Oct 2012 - 1:59
FVsanfran wrote:
Buddie wrote:I like the concept and I think it would have been a very good video if they did it right. If Hop would have directed/edited this (I know that's too much to ask for) then this video would have been really good. Hop can think of a concept in his head and make the video pull that particular concept off as best as possible. Whoever made and shot this video could have done a better job. I'm not saying the video is terrible, but it's not something I would show someone if I was introducing them to FV.

Look at Kanye West's Mercy. What did you think of that?

I personally feel like Independent Living video is a counter to Kanye West's Mercy and the Video is 10x better than Mercy

It was alright, and I agree that Independent Living was better.
Nay Nay
Nay Nay
Registered Member

Mon 1 Oct 2012 - 2:10
I immediately thought of Mercy when I saw this video. Like Buddie said, I see what they were trying to do and I liked the concept but it could have been executed better. Overall I still think it is a decent video and by far their best looking scenes in front of a green screen, but I feel it could have been better.
Essence
Essence
Registered Member

Mon 1 Oct 2012 - 4:26
I hate the song. I only like some of Dizzy's part. I think this is Hopsin's worst verse beside the Barbecue one.
Registered Member

Mon 1 Oct 2012 - 4:56
Song is meh, video was better but still meh.
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Mon 1 Oct 2012 - 15:32
Emblem wrote:I hate the song. I only like some of Dizzy's part. I think this is Hopsin's worst verse beside the Barbecue one.
I thought Hopsins verse was the best one! Dizzy's wasn't good to me compared to Hops and SwizZz
CHA53
Registered Member

Mon 1 Oct 2012 - 16:42
Emblem wrote:I hate the song. I only like some of Dizzy's part. I think this is Hopsin's worst verse beside the Barbecue one.
How is this his worst verse?? His flow & delivery were on point, & his intonation patterns were sick. Lyrics were good too. I do think the barbeque verse he spit was one of his weakest verses, however.

As for the video, it was nothing special. They could have made it a lot better.
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Mon 1 Oct 2012 - 20:23
CHA53 wrote:
How is this his worst verse?? His flow & delivery were on point, & his intonation patterns were sick. Lyrics were good too. I do think the barbeque verse he spit was one of his weakest verses, however.

agree with every thing you just said man
Essence
Essence
Registered Member

Mon 1 Oct 2012 - 23:34
CHA53 wrote:

Well, I think the lyrics are mediocre compared to other serious songs. I guess I don't like Hopsin on this beat.

STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Tue 2 Oct 2012 - 1:13
SwizZz had the best verse, Hops verse was wack.
Captain Calamity
Registered Member

Tue 2 Oct 2012 - 14:44
FVsanfran wrote:I thought the Video was one of the dopest videos. Ya'll have to look at is as an Art piece.
Kind of reminds me of a few other videos where there are no cuts like this one

theungod
Registered Member
https://www.facebook.com/platko1

Wed 3 Oct 2012 - 0:50
SwizZz had the best verse...hands down
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Wed 3 Oct 2012 - 13:10
This is my favourite FV song,

Its not like we don't need another song with them talking about how the industry screwed them over and how Funk Volume is so great Hopsin
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum