Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am I the only one who thought the Independent Living Video wasnt to special

+17
Essence
Nay Nay
Buddie
BabySmacker
Jeet
FVsanfran
knockmathers
Jumpy
King
achmed420
Chokey
whufcwesthamunited
AlwaysRaw
STRANGEgenius
FactoryOfEmbers
anthonyFv
21 posters
Go down
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Am I the only one who thought the Independent Living Video wasnt to special Empty Am I the only one who thought the Independent Living Video wasnt to special

Sun 30 Sep 2012 - 13:58
EDIT: After watching it over a few more times, I kinda like it now.
For all the time we waited for it, and the person who shot it hypeing it up so much, to me, it was kinda dissapointing. I liked the video, however I didn't really care to watch it again. It just moved to the right, andshowed them dancing in front of a green screen with monsters (record execs) in the back.
If youve been living under a rock or just havent got on the forums yesterday heres the video.

Last edited by anthonyFv on Sun 30 Sep 2012 - 17:29; edited 1 time in total
FactoryOfEmbers
FactoryOfEmbers
Registered Member

Am I the only one who thought the Independent Living Video wasnt to special Empty Re: Am I the only one who thought the Independent Living Video wasnt to special

Sun 30 Sep 2012 - 14:10
I enjoyed it, was worth the wait and definitely my favourite FV video.

Also their most ambitious, that was ALOT of green screen.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Am I the only one who thought the Independent Living Video wasnt to special Empty Re: Am I the only one who thought the Independent Living Video wasnt to special

Sun 30 Sep 2012 - 14:19
im waiting for the HD version.
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Sun 30 Sep 2012 - 14:22
STRANGEgenius wrote:im waiting for the HD version.
Mine is in HD, you just have to change it at the bottom.I dont know how to make it play in HD automattically
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Sun 30 Sep 2012 - 14:23
FactoryOfEmbers wrote:I enjoyed it, was worth the wait and definitely my favourite FV video.

Also their most ambitious, that was ALOT of green screen.
My Favorite is Dizzy Wright - Teamwork Makes The Dreamwork
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Sun 30 Sep 2012 - 14:24
anthonyFv wrote:
Mine is in HD, you just have to change it at the bottom.I dont know how to make it play in HD automattically

im a addict to youtube, but i still dunno how to do it lol.

i can wait for fv lol, cbf watching videos now.
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Sun 30 Sep 2012 - 14:35
STRANGEgenius wrote:
anthonyFv wrote:

go down to the little circle thing in the bottom right hand corner and if you click on it it will have different resolutions from 240 to 1080p, on mine it atomatically starts in 480p for some reason
Its right next to the watch later button and the youtube button.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Sun 30 Sep 2012 - 14:38
anthonyFv wrote:
STRANGEgenius wrote:
anthonyFv wrote:

go down to the little circle thing in the bottom right hand corner and if you click on it it will have different resolutions from 240 to 1080p, on mine it atomatically starts in 480p for some reason

thanks bro, even though i said im not in the mood to think Hopsin 3
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Sun 30 Sep 2012 - 17:30
STRANGEgenius wrote:
anthonyFv wrote:
STRANGEgenius wrote:
anthonyFv wrote:

thanks bro, even though i said im not in the mood to think Hopsin 3
haha, sorry I didnt read the last part.
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Sun 30 Sep 2012 - 18:07
Yes, you're the only one.
whufcwesthamunited
Registered Member

Sun 30 Sep 2012 - 18:50
I prefer Hopsin's music videos. They seem more creative in my opinion. This was cool I guess but really they just got a weird looking sci-fi monster creature and the screen just moved. It's not that hard to think of some sci-fi shit and stick some weird creature in a video and then just show it a few times in the song.

Imo the music videos for songs like Kill Her and Ill Mind of Hop 4 are much more innovative and creative.

Independent Living video certainly wasn't bad but could have been so much better if they perhaps used that weird creature in a different way rather than just showing it and showing the Funk Volume members occasionally in the background every so often. Basically what I am getting at is the video didn't tell you anything. It didn't really give off a vibe or any emotions.
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Sun 30 Sep 2012 - 19:02
Pretty wierd video but good. If FV can afford this kinda shit it's going great. Didn't like the song and Im still not that pleased with it but the video helps a little.
achmed420
achmed420
Registered Member

Sun 30 Sep 2012 - 19:40
your not the only one. i really didnt care for this video at all, it was just way too much green screen for my liking
King
King
Registered Member

Sun 30 Sep 2012 - 20:44
This is their best green screened video so far (hop madness was badly done)

I prefer videos without greenscreen but if it's well done it's well done.
Jumpy
Registered Member

Sun 30 Sep 2012 - 21:54
this is dope! First day on the forums, and I already find some exclusive leaked shit, haha
knockmathers
knockmathers
Registered Member

Sun 30 Sep 2012 - 23:04
Nope, I mean come on it's 2012 there are plenty of other editers who could've done a better job..
They are not that poor.. They can at least hire a proffesional editor.. This video is boring as hell, they won't get big with this kind of stuff
FVsanfran
Registered Member

Sun 30 Sep 2012 - 23:10
I thought the Video was one of the dopest videos. Ya'll have to look at is as an Art piece.
Kind of reminds me of a few other videos where there are no cuts like this one

Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Mon 1 Oct 2012 - 0:23
Jeet wrote:It was an alright video, nothing special.
But shit song imo
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Mon 1 Oct 2012 - 0:26
This goddamn hook has been stuck in my fucking head all day.

Video wasn't bad, song wasn't that bad either.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Mon 1 Oct 2012 - 1:04
I miss the good old days when FV used to make dope videos like Lucifer Effect that just made you want to keep watching it over and over again.
King
King
Registered Member

Mon 1 Oct 2012 - 1:10
Buddie wrote:I miss the good old days when FV used to make dope videos like Lucifer Effect that just made you want to keep watching it over and over again.

They're probably just getting carried away with green screening.
Keep in mind they haven't even done many videos in the first place though..
FVsanfran
Registered Member

Mon 1 Oct 2012 - 1:21
Buddie wrote:I miss the good old days when FV used to make dope videos like Lucifer Effect that just made you want to keep watching it over and over again.

Are you kidding me? LOL, that video had Greenscreen in there as well and it looked like it was done in 1996.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Mon 1 Oct 2012 - 1:31
FVsanfran wrote:

Are you kidding me? LOL, that video had Greenscreen in there as well and it looked like it was done in 1996.

Considering how low budget the video was compared to this one, it was by far the superior video. The Lucifer Effect video actually had a concept to it and it made sense. What concept does this video have to offer? It doesn't have one. It's just a random video of Dizzy, SwizZz, and Hop dancing while a sci-fi creature in the background just stands there.
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Mon 1 Oct 2012 - 1:34
Buddie wrote:
FVsanfran wrote:

Considering how low budget the video was compared to this one, it was by far the superior video. The Lucifer Effect video actually had a concept to it and it made sense. What concept does this video have to offer? It doesn't have one. It's just a random video of Dizzy, SwizZz, and Hop dancing while a sci-fi creature in the background just stands there.
This, i like music videos with an actual concept or story not just the rapper rapping and dancing
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Mon 1 Oct 2012 - 1:34
Buddie wrote:
FVsanfran wrote:

Actually all the "sci-fi" creatures were symbolic of record execs, A&Rs etc. hence "Independent Living" it's a song about how they overcame the "demons" in the industry that held them back.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum