Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
dukeblue
dukeblue
Registered Member

I make music...tell me what you think! Empty I make music...tell me what you think!

Thu 16 Aug 2012 - 20:54
As the title states I make music, under the name of Decibel. Been doing it for a while now and am improving. Hit a wall for a while but recently felt inspired to make some new music. They will be on an 5 track EP I'm going to release call Auditory Cortex.
Here's one song off it

[youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0o_HKD0I0o&feature=plcp[/youtube]

Style may be a little different but at the end of the day it's just me. Also have two other uploads on that YouTube channel you can check out, although both are old and won't be on Auditory Cortex. Like I said let me know what you think and will be releasing new music here soon.
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

I make music...tell me what you think! Empty Re: I make music...tell me what you think!

Fri 17 Aug 2012 - 0:41
Wow, man.
The intro is amazing, the lyrics are really good too.

The only thing is that your voice is kind of bland, like its not horrible, but show a bit more emotion when doing a song like this, I'll be sure to download your EP if you send me a link.
dukeblue
dukeblue
Registered Member

I make music...tell me what you think! Empty Re: I make music...tell me what you think!

Fri 17 Aug 2012 - 1:02
ChronicIntelligence wrote:Wow, man.
The intro is amazing, the lyrics are really good too.

The only thing is that your voice is kind of bland, like its not horrible, but show a bit more emotion when doing a song like this, I'll be sure to download your EP if you send me a link.

Thanks, and I understand where your coming from as I play it back it is lacking a bit of emotion at times for sure. But regardless thanks again for the feedback and I will be sure to send you a link when it's finished.
Essence
Essence
Registered Member

Mon 20 Aug 2012 - 5:33
Make a cover for yourself.

And you're similar to Tyler Cassidy (Krispy Kreme)
whufcwesthamunited
Registered Member

Mon 20 Aug 2012 - 11:41
I have to agree with ChronicIntelligence. Love the intro, pretty good song overall and nice meaningful lyrics but your voice sometimes seems a little emotionless
dukeblue
dukeblue
Registered Member

Mon 20 Aug 2012 - 19:19
whufcwesthamunited wrote:I have to agree with ChronicIntelligence. Love the intro, pretty good song overall and nice meaningful lyrics but your voice sometimes seems a little emotionless

Thanks for the feedback, I agree there completely with the emotion. That seems to be the only major thing I am hearing, may end up re recording this song before I declare myself finished with the EP. If it ever gets done, have three songs done and have minor things I want to fix in them, went to turn my computer on that I use as the center of my studio yesterday it's dead. All well I'll figure something out, and Emblem I agree with the Tyler Cassidy thing really enjoy his music.
Essence
Essence
Registered Member

Mon 20 Aug 2012 - 20:03
What's in your studio? I have a Samson go Mic a stand and a pop filter.
dukeblue
dukeblue
Registered Member

Mon 20 Aug 2012 - 20:08
Emblem wrote:What's in your studio? I have a Samson go Mic a stand and a pop filter.

At2020, behinger xenyx 802 mixer, and a M-Audio Audiophile sound card. Also have a mic stand a friend gave me and a pop filter.
Essence
Essence
Registered Member

Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 3:02
Damn that's alot. How come it doesn't sound that great?
dukeblue
dukeblue
Registered Member

Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 17:26
Emblem wrote:Damn that's alot. How come it doesn't sound that great?

Well, it really isn't at all. Extremely budget mixer, and budget mic. Plus my mixing skills are minimal at best. The latter being the biggest reason it doesn't sound amazing.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/410maximus

Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 20:01
dukeblue wrote:
Emblem wrote:What's in your studio? I have a Samson go Mic a stand and a pop filter.

At2020, behinger xenyx 802 mixer, and a M-Audio Audiophile sound card. Also have a mic stand a friend gave me and a pop filter.

I got the same mic.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 20:05
Not too bad man, but it needs work. Your delivery needs the most work. Keep at it though man!
dukeblue
dukeblue
Registered Member

Mon 27 Aug 2012 - 4:31
Buddie wrote:Not too bad man, but it needs work. Your delivery needs the most work. Keep at it though man!

Thanks for the feedback. And I will be sure to keep at it!
mahdzhur
mahdzhur
Registered Member

Mon 27 Aug 2012 - 6:04
You're good, just need a bit more practice I think. and get some visuals too if you can! Those are key.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum