Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jarren Benton Poll

+10
41OMaXiMuS
DGCK
Hop Sadness
Hyde
anthonyFv
Zwis
Kamikaze
Buddie
STRANGEgenius
HopsinBelgium
14 posters
Go down

Do you feel Jarren Benton?

9 - 36%
9 - 36%
7 - 28%

Total Votes: 25

HopsinBelgium
Registered Member

Jarren Benton Poll Empty Jarren Benton Poll

Sat 28 Jul 2012 - 23:13
What do y'all think of Jarren Benton? I heard alot of criticism on him and especially his last songs.
My opinion:

I think he's very entertaining. He made some dope tracks in the past, i hope he repeats that in the future. I don't feel his last song, but i love Billion Bucks! I don't understand why so many people hate that track, i really like it.
He has the potential to make it far in Funk Volume, he has a different style than the other FV artists, that's positive in my opninion.

Vote and share ur opinions! Hopsin 5 Hopsin 2 Hopsin 3
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Jarren Benton Poll Empty Re: Jarren Benton Poll

Sun 29 Jul 2012 - 1:41
no

no

no

no

a horrible rapper.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Sun 29 Jul 2012 - 1:57
I'm not sure what I think of him yet. I used to think he was dope until he dropped Freebasing With Kevin Bacon, so I'm not really sure what to think yet
Kamikaze
Kamikaze
Registered Member

Sun 29 Jul 2012 - 2:02
i like him he has potential we just gotta wait and see how his first fv project turns out to judge him
Zwis
Zwis
Banned Member

Sun 29 Jul 2012 - 11:13
if u dont like him listen to nothing remains.. it has meaning
HopsinBelgium
Registered Member

Sun 29 Jul 2012 - 22:17
Just wait untill he drops his first album in FV to judge him, his last song was made before he joined Funk Volume, so i think his style is going to change a little bit :)
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Mon 30 Jul 2012 - 0:30
he has alot of just crazy stupid songs w/ no meaning but he still has some dope rhymes.Personally I wish he would make more lyrical songs like nothing remains or white cadilac which I think he will bein around hopsin and dizzy. I dont like him as of now but will wait an see what he does w his talent
Hyde
Hyde
Banned Member

Mon 30 Jul 2012 - 18:52
No, so far he's been the literally perfect example of what Hop hates. He needs to step up his game or get the fuck out.
Hop Sadness
Hop Sadness
Registered Member

Mon 30 Jul 2012 - 19:19
He was dope in the teambackpack cypher 2, and skitzo.
HopsinBelgium
Registered Member

Mon 30 Jul 2012 - 22:17
Hop Sadness wrote:He was dope in the teambackpack cypher 2, and skitzo.
Hop Sadness
Hop Sadness
Registered Member

Tue 31 Jul 2012 - 6:45
HopsinBelgium wrote:
?
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Tue 31 Jul 2012 - 8:14
Hop Sadness wrote:
HopsinBelgium wrote:
?

i think he meant me 2.
DGCK
DGCK
Registered Member

Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 15:08
I'm a huge fan of all his work. He's sick. Very solid word-play and rhyme scheme. JB sticks to the ATL roots and reps his own. I like his attitude and southern style. On top of all that his bars are pretty fine-tuned.

That said, regardless of who hates him (IMO, people with no idea of what real hip-hop is), He's going somewhere big. As long as he keeps that hunger, that is.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/410maximus

Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 15:18
Nah, not a fan. He's got the rapping ability to be great, that's for sure. But as of right now I only like his one song, Skitzo.

And DGCK, please explain how not liking Jarren Benton means someone doesn't know what real hip hop is.

How in the world is Jarren Benton considered "real hip hop"?... lol. Can't tell if srs or trolling...

Last edited by 41OMaXiMuS on Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 15:53; edited 1 time in total
GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/Gangu5Kahn?feature=mhee

Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 15:36
STRANGEgenius wrote:no

no

no

no

a horrible rapper.

He's definitely not horrible...But I get the feeling that he's making sub par music...I think he can do better.
BlackPeopleCantEvolve
BlackPeopleCantEvolve
Registered Member

Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 15:47
Nigga just needs to stop rapping about stupid shit all the time and he'll be good to go.
HopsinBelgium
Registered Member

Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 16:08
Hop Sadness wrote:
HopsinBelgium wrote:
?
2 = agree :)
Fitzyy
Fitzyy
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/fitzyybeatz

Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 16:10
He's dope from what I've heard from him, need to listen to more of his stuff
DGCK
DGCK
Registered Member

Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 16:58
41OMaXiMuS wrote:Nah, not a fan. He's got the rapping ability to be great, that's for sure. But as of right now I only like his one song, Skitzo.

And DGCK, please explain how not liking Jarren Benton means someone doesn't know what real hip hop is.

How in the world is Jarren Benton considered "real hip hop"?... lol. Can't tell if srs or trolling...

OK. Take 90's rap for example. We all know the lyrical substance of that era of rap. "Money car clothes, all a nigga knows." If you take the latest generation of rappers in to the same perspective, they have a newer, gritty, "edgy", sound, it may be about killing people and fucking bitches or whatever folks want to write now-a-days. With that said, if you went back to the 90's and based a rapper off of pure skill, maybe even Notorious, since we're already here and ignored the lyrical content because theoretically, it wouldn't matter if rap had the same theme from MC to MC. It would come down to; (maybe even in this order) delivery, flow, word-play (overall talent) and how that artist is fitting in to the way hip-hop is going.

Of course there's a couple other important things to me that make an MC great. Artistic capability, how you compose the entirety of your body of work, (which Big was fanatical with) and work ethic. I think Jarren has both of those. I might not enjoy every single one of his songs, but I can listen to a mixtape fully throughout and at the end think, 'Damn he's a hard worker and that was very well put together.'

Now back to the main subject Jarren Benton. For what counts, to me even, he's got it all. He fits into each of the aforementioned categories and at a top teir, in my opinion. You've already said he's got the ability to be great, and great is a pretty powerful word. So I can tell you recognize the work as "skilled". If he put's a bad taste in your mouth then whatever, we all have a different pallet.

I did say those that "hate" 'em. Meaning disliking in every way, and not giving him any credit whatsoever. You giving him that bit of respect means you can find something in there that is worthwhile.

But, I completely understand not appreciating his lyrical theme, lol.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/410maximus

Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 17:07
DGCK wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:Nah, not a fan. He's got the rapping ability to be great, that's for sure. But as of right now I only like his one song, Skitzo.

OK. Take 90's rap for example. We all know the lyrical substance of that era of rap. "Money car clothes, all a nigga knows." If you take the latest generation of rappers in to the same perspective, they have a newer, gritty, "edgy", sound, it may be about killing people and fucking bitches or whatever folks want to write now-a-days. With that said, if you went back to the 90's and based a rapper off of pure skill, maybe even Notorious, since we're already here and ignored the lyrical content because theoretically, it wouldn't matter if rap had the same theme from MC to MC. It would come down to; (maybe even in this order) delivery, flow, word-play (overall talent) and how that artist is fitting in to the way hip-hop is going.

Of course there's a couple other important things to me that make an MC great. Artistic capability, how you compose the entirety of your body of work, (which Big was fanatical with) and work ethic. I think Jarren has both of those. I might not enjoy every single one of his songs, but I can listen to a mixtape fully throughout and at the end think, 'Damn he's a hard worker and that was very well put together.'

Now back to the main subject Jarren Benton. For what counts, to me even, he's got it all. He fits into each of the aforementioned categories and at a top teir, in my opinion. You've already said he's got the ability to be great, and great is a pretty powerful word. So I can tell you recognize the work as "skilled". If he put's a bad taste in your mouth then whatever, we all have a different pallet.

I did say those that "hate" 'em. Meaning disliking in every way, and not giving him any credit whatsoever. You giving him that bit of respect means you can find something in there that is worthwhile.

But, I completely understand not appreciating his lyrical theme, lol.

Fair enough then. I can agree with that.

I just wish he could focus his talent a little bit more, lead instead of follow. Although Skitzo is by no means original, I really enjoy that song. And his flow on Billion Bucks is nasty. I just think he can deliver more substance, cut back on racial jokes and hard drug references, and just be more "real". He could learn a thing or two from Hopsin & Dizzy Wright, IMO.
DGCK
DGCK
Registered Member

Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 17:34

41OMaXiMuS wrote:Fair enough then. I can agree with that.

I just wish he could focus his talent a little bit more, lead instead of follow. Although Skitzo is by no means original, I really enjoy that song. And his flow on Billion Bucks is nasty. I just think he can deliver more substance, cut back on racial jokes and hard drug references, and just be more "real". He could learn a thing or two from Hopsin & Dizzy Wright, IMO.

Same page man. Sometimes that's just the lifestyle you get caught up in. I have a lot of friends who would love Jarren's work simply because he's referring to all these drugs and it's just fun to get fucked up to his music. I don't think they woulda signed 'em for nothing though. Funk Volume has got to be the realest up-and-coming group in the game. They've got an ear for talent, no doubt.
Hop Sadness
Hop Sadness
Registered Member

Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 19:49
DGCK wrote:I'm a huge fan of all his work. He's sick. Very solid word-play and rhyme scheme. JB sticks to the ATL roots and reps his own. I like his attitude and southern style. On top of all that his bars are pretty fine-tuned.

That said, regardless of who hates him (IMO, people with no idea of what real hip-hop is), He's going somewhere big. As long as he keeps that hunger, that is.
Lolwut? Hopsin 3 He is no where near real hip-hop. I've heard many rappers and he wouldn't even make my top 50.
DGCK
DGCK
Registered Member

Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 19:53

Hop Sadness wrote:Lolwut? Hopsin 3 He is no where near real hip-hop. I've heard many rappers and he wouldn't even make my top 50.

But I'm sure Hopsin is in your top 3?

Lol, please don't.
Kitzk
Registered Member

Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 21:59
I enjoy Jarren Benton more than Swizzz or Dizzy.
He definitively got talent and knows how to deliver like a true MC.
His lyrical subjects are shit, but I put my faith in the dude. I'm sure Hopsin would never sign anyone who reeks of complete BS in his label.

Waiting for what he'll release with FV and all you haters can come riding his dick after.
Hop Sadness
Hop Sadness
Registered Member

Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 22:08
DGCK wrote:
Hop Sadness wrote:Lolwut? Hopsin 3 He is no where near real hip-hop. I've heard many rappers and he wouldn't even make my top 50.

But I'm sure Hopsin is in your top 3?

Lol, please don't.
Depends what songs. I can bump to alot of Hop, can only listen to Skitzo. Jarren is horrible.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum