Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ill Mind of Hopsin 5 Discussion Thread

+30
Grandmaster
knockmathers
Zwis
Fitzyy
liftthat
Mikesutt1212
Jeet
41OMaXiMuS
IllTentions
mickydz420
SFVigilante
adeem
BabySmacker
Kamikaze
Fiasco
CHA53
Frankie
proswervez
whufcwesthamunited
Chokey
Hyde
iScyko
dukeblue
AlwaysRaw
GangusKahn
STRANGEgenius
King
Buddie
User Name
34 posters
Go down
HopsinBelgium
Registered Member

Ill Mind of Hopsin 5 Discussion Thread - Page 18 Empty Re: Ill Mind of Hopsin 5 Discussion Thread

Thu 26 Jul 2012 - 22:11
whufcwesthamunited wrote:
Trimss wrote:The buzz is kinda slowing down. Almost 6 millions views in a week. That's pretty cool.

It is slowing down a little but there is still a massive buzz. It will still get over 10 million pretty soon
I think it will have +- 10 million views when it's uploaded 1 month.
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Ill Mind of Hopsin 5 Discussion Thread - Page 18 Empty Re: Ill Mind of Hopsin 5 Discussion Thread

Fri 27 Jul 2012 - 3:58
Teleport wrote:
proswervez wrote:Just thought i'd give a visual of how much Hop has blown up since iLL Mind 4

Ill Mind of Hopsin 5 Discussion Thread - Page 18 Visual10

Ill Mind of Hopsin 5 Discussion Thread - Page 18 Visual11
Hopsin 5

This is fucking awesome. I'm really happy for hop, seems like he's finally blowing up. Honestly though, the hipster part of me hates that he's going to get all these new faggot fans. Whatever though, I'm cool with it as long as he keeps releasing dope music.
I'm thinking exactly what you said. I mean i'm not like the people who genuinely don't want him to blow up. I know it'd be bad for him to be huge with queer fans but if he still makes dope music then yea. I want him to get what he deserves!
Hyde
Hyde
Banned Member

Fri 27 Jul 2012 - 6:49
AlwaysRaw wrote:
Teleport wrote:
proswervez wrote:Just thought i'd give a visual of how much Hop has blown up since iLL Mind 4

Hopsin 5

This is fucking awesome. I'm really happy for hop, seems like he's finally blowing up. Honestly though, the hipster part of me hates that he's going to get all these new faggot fans. Whatever though, I'm cool with it as long as he keeps releasing dope music.
I'm thinking exactly what you said. I mean i'm not like the people who genuinely don't want him to blow up. I know it'd be bad for him to be huge with queer fans but if he still makes dope music then yea. I want him to get what he deserves!
Exactly, we'll just have to deal with the negative consequences of his mainstream status.It'll also be interesting to see how he handles fame.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Fri 27 Jul 2012 - 8:14
as long as he isnt preaching in every song, its fine by me.
whufcwesthamunited
Registered Member

Fri 27 Jul 2012 - 9:36
AlwaysRaw wrote:
Teleport wrote:

Hopsin 5

As long as the 'real' fans stay here who actually know their stuff then its all good :)
HopsinBelgium
Registered Member

Fri 27 Jul 2012 - 10:40
STRANGEgenius wrote:as long as he isnt preaching in every song, its fine by me.
Stop judging him over one song, please.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Fri 27 Jul 2012 - 10:43
HopsinBelgium wrote:
STRANGEgenius wrote:as long as he isnt preaching in every song, its fine by me.
Stop judging him over one song, please.

lol wut?

im just saying...

i wasn't judging him.
HopsinBelgium
Registered Member

Fri 27 Jul 2012 - 11:14
The buzz isn't that big anymore, but still between 200,000 and 600,000 views each day. I guess it's going to have a little bit more than 10 million views 1 month after the release.
Hyde
Hyde
Banned Member

Fri 27 Jul 2012 - 18:13
HopsinBelgium wrote:The buzz isn't that big anymore, but still between 200,000 and 600,000 views each day. I guess it's going to have a little bit more than 10 million views 1 month after the release.
Yeah around there. This will probably be one of his biggest youtube hits, expect 20m within the year no doubt.
HopsinBelgium
Registered Member

Fri 27 Jul 2012 - 18:20
Teleport wrote:
HopsinBelgium wrote:The buzz isn't that big anymore, but still between 200,000 and 600,000 views each day. I guess it's going to have a little bit more than 10 million views 1 month after the release.
Yeah around there. This will probably be one of his biggest youtube hits, expect 20m within the year no doubt.
Hmm, i think it will be more. Between 25-35 million, if KM is a success at least.
Hyde
Hyde
Banned Member

Fri 27 Jul 2012 - 18:22
HopsinBelgium wrote:
Teleport wrote:
Hmm, i think it will be more. Between 25-35 million, if KM is a success at least.
Oh yeah, wasn't thinking about the massive buzz when KM drops. Yeah I'd guess 30-45 if KM is as good as Ill Mind 5
HopsinBelgium
Registered Member

Sat 28 Jul 2012 - 11:18
The buzz is really stopped now. He really needs to drop another single to take advantage of the hype.
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Sat 28 Jul 2012 - 12:19
HopsinBelgium wrote:The buzz is really stopped now. He really needs to drop another single to take advantage of the hype.
Hopsin don't do that kinda stuff. He says he's gonna release a song friday and then 3 weeks after he will tell us that next friday is the day. Hopsin releases are like lotto tickets. You get a chance of being lucky but mostly it's just fucking annoying,
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Sat 28 Jul 2012 - 13:25
Chokey wrote:
HopsinBelgium wrote:The buzz is really stopped now. He really needs to drop another single to take advantage of the hype.
Hopsin don't do that kinda stuff. He says he's gonna release a song friday and then 3 weeks after he will tell us that next friday is the day. Hopsin releases are like lotto tickets. You get a chance of being lucky but mostly it's just fucking annoying,

well put LOL.

Hop just comes out of no where.
HopsinBelgium
Registered Member

Sat 28 Jul 2012 - 19:52
The buzz on his Facebook page isn't stopping at all. When i returned home from holiday on 20 July he had 413,000 likes, now he has 440,000, that's amazing!
ƮƎƇHƝƗƇƗAƝ
ƮƎƇHƝƗƇƗAƝ
Banned Member

Mon 30 Jul 2012 - 11:41
These are the record YouTube views for these artists as of 30th July 2012 to the nearest million (not including features):

Justin Bieber - 763,000,000
Eminem - 480,000,000
Lil Wayne - 145,000,000
Jay-Z - 141,000,000
Wiz Khalifa - 133,000,000
50 Cent - 120,000,000
Pitbull - 109,000,000
Timbaland - 101,000,000
Dr. Dre - 98,000,000
Kanye West - 79,000,000
Snoop Dogg - 78,000,000
T.I - 72,000,000
Drake - 57,000,000
Ludacris - 52,000,000
Tyler The Creator - 47,000,000
T-Pain - 37,000,000
Rick Ross - 27,000,000
Birdman - 26,000,000
Ice Cube - 25,000,000
Busta Rhymes - 19,000,000
Hopsin - 14,000,000

Hopsin is sitting right there at the bottom at 14,000,000.
Hyde
Hyde
Banned Member

Mon 30 Jul 2012 - 18:10
ƮƎƇHƝƗƇƗAƝ wrote:These are the record YouTube views for these artists as of 30th July 2012 to the nearest million (not including features):

Justin Bieber - 763,000,000
Eminem - 480,000,000
Lil Wayne - 145,000,000
Jay-Z - 141,000,000
Wiz Khalifa - 133,000,000
50 Cent - 120,000,000
Pitbull - 109,000,000
Timbaland - 101,000,000
Dr. Dre - 98,000,000
Kanye West - 79,000,000
Snoop Dogg - 78,000,000
T.I - 72,000,000
Drake - 57,000,000
Ludacris - 52,000,000
Tyler The Creator - 47,000,000
T-Pain - 37,000,000
Rick Ross - 27,000,000
Birdman - 26,000,000
Ice Cube - 25,000,000
Busta Rhymes - 19,000,000
Hopsin - 14,000,000

Hopsin is sitting right there at the bottom at 14,000,000.
Man that entire list pisses me off. Hopsin has to get fucking huge in music so that I don't have to cringe every time I see Love The Way You-fucking-Lie with x amount of views. Fuck mainstream, really this shit is homo as fuck
Trimss
Trimss
Registered Member

Mon 30 Jul 2012 - 21:19
Love the Way You Lie is a good song. A catchy controversial hook with great rap lyrics. Eminem is still rhyming a lot these days, and in that song too. The fact that Rihanna is on the hook could be annoying, or just a good idea knowing the fact she got her ass kicked by Chris and the song is about abusive relationships.
It's the fact that it got overplayed, that made it annoying as fuck.

But yeah, the song is good. For a single at least, not saying it was the best song on Recovery.
Eminem isn't nowhere near his prime, but he's still a dope ass rapper.

I'd pick Welcome 2 Hell, Déjà Vu or Going Through Changes over any Hopsin song. And these songs are from his 3 last albums/EP.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Mon 30 Jul 2012 - 21:25
Trimss wrote:Love the Way You Lie is a good song. A catchy controversial hook with great rap lyrics. Eminem is still rhyming a lot these days, and in that song too. The fact that Rihanna is on the hook could be annoying, or just a good idea knowing the fact she got her ass kicked by Chris and the song is about abusive relationships.

But yeah, the song is good. For a single at least, not saying it was the best song on Recovery.

I'd pick Welcome 2 Hell, Déjà Vu or Going Through Changes over any Hopsin song. And these songs are from his 3 last albums/EP.

Deja Vu and Going Through Changes are excellent songs! Love The Way You Lie was a good song, it just got overplayed as you said.

Hopsin has a long way to go to becoming as popular as the artists on this list, but he has the potential to do so. Even though Em isn't as good as he used to be, he's still a great rapper and could merk any rapper on a track if he wanted to. Right now, he just lacks that same passion he used to have. If he can get that same passion back then their's no doubt in my mind he can make an album as good as his first 3.
Trimss
Trimss
Registered Member

Mon 30 Jul 2012 - 21:29
buddie wrote:
Trimss wrote:Love the Way You Lie is a good song. A catchy controversial hook with great rap lyrics. Eminem is still rhyming a lot these days, and in that song too. The fact that Rihanna is on the hook could be annoying, or just a good idea knowing the fact she got her ass kicked by Chris and the song is about abusive relationships.

Deja Vu and Going Through Changes are excellent songs! Love The Way You Lie was a good song, it just got overplayed as you said.

Hopsin has a long way to go to becoming as popular as the artists on this list, but he has the potential to do so. Even though Em isn't as good as he used to be, he's still a great rapper and could merk any rapper on a track if he wanted to. Right now, he just lacks that same passion he used to have. If he can get that same passion back then their's no doubt in my mind he can make an album as good as his first 3.

Word man! It's like he's not as creative as he use to be. It's sad because he still has it in him.

He really sounded hungry on the BET cypher, and he managed to steal the show. Everyone was talking about his verse, because it was really reminiscent of the shit he use to do. All he needs is to focus and not release subpar material like "Throw It Up" on Yela's album.

I guess we'll see, if he's still as hungry on his next solo album.

Hopsin though, yeah he has a long way to go. But if Knock Madness is anywhere as good as Ill Mind 5, well he can easily break into the mainstream. The problem is, I'm scared he'll just drop conscious track without the crazy side that we all love. But then again, we'll see lol.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Mon 30 Jul 2012 - 21:33
JB number 1?

fuck society.
Hyde
Hyde
Banned Member

Mon 30 Jul 2012 - 21:38
STRANGEgenius wrote:JB number 1?

fuck society.
this
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Mon 30 Jul 2012 - 21:49
Trimss wrote:
buddie wrote:

Word man! It's like he's not as creative as he use to be. It's sad because he still has it in him.

He really sounded hungry on the BET cypher, and he managed to steal the show. Everyone was talking about his verse, because it was really reminiscent of the shit he use to do. All he needs is to focus and not release subpar material like "Throw It Up" on Yela's album.

I guess we'll see, if he's still as hungry on his next solo album.

Hopsin though, yeah he has a long way to go. But if Knock Madness is anywhere as good as Ill Mind 5, well he can easily break into the mainstream. The problem is, I'm scared he'll just drop conscious track without the crazy side that we all love. But then again, we'll see lol.

Very true! But hasn't released a really good song imo since 2010, so i'm a bit worried at this point. BME was terrible and the worst project he has ever released imo. Their were only a couple of songs that I enjoyed. I hope his next album doesn't have as many features as Recovery did. He needs to stick to his old formula and have only a few artists feature on his album. I also think that he needs to do most of his hooks and only him and Dr. Dre should be producing the album. I also would like for him to add some skits to the album like he used to do.

And Knock Madness will have to be a great album for him to go mainstream that quick. I really hope it is that good though.
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Tue 31 Jul 2012 - 1:32
Hopsin should've made a Fagtron skit in an album. I don't think that'd work out in KM though haha
HopsinBelgium
Registered Member

Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 10:23
He said on Twitter IMOH5 might be the last IMOH.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum