Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Funk Volume Don't Funk Up Our Beats Contest 5

+18
AlwaysRaw
SdoubleT
semaj116
fxtdiilz
Buddie
Nidac_7
Joelletjuh
Jeet
iSigh
King
41OMaXiMuS
Katz Inf Gang
STRANGEgenius
Perfect Stranger
Essence
Chokey
Coolguy 127
22 posters
Go down
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Funk Volume Don't Funk Up Our Beats Contest 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: Funk Volume Don't Funk Up Our Beats Contest 5

Thu 7 Mar 2013 - 23:07
semaj116 wrote:

Hahahahahha holy fuck Cryptic killed this and the video takes shots at an old friend
Probably one of my favorite hooks for the contest. But wtf is that suposed to be G Mo in the santa costume?..... I like G Mo Crying
Essence
Essence
Registered Member

Funk Volume Don't Funk Up Our Beats Contest 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: Funk Volume Don't Funk Up Our Beats Contest 5

Thu 7 Mar 2013 - 23:09
Street Light should win imo.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Thu 7 Mar 2013 - 23:15
Essence wrote:Street Light should win imo.

G-Mo's Entry > Street Light's Entry

In Street Light's entry, the verses were good but the hook just didn't tie the song together well enough to be considered a Top 5 entry IMO.
Essence
Essence
Registered Member

Thu 7 Mar 2013 - 23:26
Buddie wrote:

In Street Light's entry, the verses were good but the hook just didn't tie the song together well enough to be considered a Top 5 entry IMO.
Why do you guys care so much about a hook in a rapping contest?
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Thu 7 Mar 2013 - 23:41
Street Light's is by far the best so far.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Fri 8 Mar 2013 - 0:38
Essence wrote:
Buddie wrote:

Why do you guys care so much about a hook in a rapping contest?

If you have good verses, but a whack hook then you're "fu[n]king up the beat." Plain and simple. Every part of the entry has to be good in order to be placed in the Top 5 IMO.

With that being said, I still liked Street Light's entry. But I just felt that the hook kept the entry from being a Top 3 contender. I guess we'll just have to see when voting time comes.
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Fri 8 Mar 2013 - 1:07
King wrote:Another dope promo!

If snow was a dude no one would give a fuck. she's not that great.

semaj116 wrote:

Hahahahahha holy fuck Cryptic killed this and the video takes shots at an old friend
hahahahah this was pretty good. hahahahah.

@too many street light dickriders in here
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Fri 8 Mar 2013 - 1:10
Chokey wrote:@too many street light dickriders in here
Essence
Essence
Registered Member

Fri 8 Mar 2013 - 1:11
Chokey wrote:
@too many G-mo dickriders in here
iSigh
iSigh
Registered Member

Fri 8 Mar 2013 - 2:00
Streetlight bores me idk why.
Katz Inf Gang
Katz Inf Gang
Registered Member
http://www.infgang.com

Fri 8 Mar 2013 - 9:52
iSigh wrote:Streetlight bores me idk why.
probably because most of the time he's extremely boring.

he's definitely one of the more talented artists in the super underground right now.

and on that note, his entry is dope. i definitely put it in the top 3 that i've heard
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Sat 9 Mar 2013 - 0:30

I just wish the beat was softer so his voice can be heard better.
King
King
Registered Member

Sat 9 Mar 2013 - 1:47
Streetlight is one of the best rappers in the contest, he should try to appeal more to others. I'm not saying he should sell out, but he should sell out. Nah i'm just playing son, it seems streetlight is more for those who take lyricism in high regards rather catchy hooks (I love catchy hooks). That said, street has no excuse for not being able to pull off the hook.. however the song as a whole and his ability as a rapper and MC is one of the most powerful in the whole contest, which in my opinion should be taken to consideration.

Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Sat 9 Mar 2013 - 1:49
King wrote:Streetlight is one of the best rappers in the contest, he should try to appeal more to others. I'm not saying he should sell out, but he should sell out. Nah i'm just playing son, it seems streetlight is more for those who take lyricism in high regards rather catchy hooks (I love catchy hooks). That said, street has no excuse for not being able to pull off the hook.. however the song as a whole and his ability as a rapper and MC is one of the most powerful in the whole contest, which in my opinion should be taken to consideration.

Street Light is definitely one of the best rappers in the contest for sure. But what he lacks is entertainment value which is essential to acquiring new fans.
King
King
Registered Member

Sat 9 Mar 2013 - 1:58
Buddie wrote:
King wrote:Streetlight is one of the best rappers in the contest, he should try to appeal more to others. I'm not saying he should sell out, but he should sell out. Nah i'm just playing son, it seems streetlight is more for those who take lyricism in high regards rather catchy hooks (I love catchy hooks). That said, street has no excuse for not being able to pull off the hook.. however the song as a whole and his ability as a rapper and MC is one of the most powerful in the whole contest, which in my opinion should be taken to consideration.

Street Light is definitely one of the best rappers in the contest for sure. But what he lacks is entertainment value which is essential to acquiring new fans.

The thing is, what people find entertaining varies.
For example some prefer straight raw rapping, some prefer melodies and others prefer ICP.

It all depends on taste and it's understandable to see why street doesn't appeal to the general public.
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Sat 9 Mar 2013 - 4:41
King wrote:For example some prefer straight raw rapping, some prefer melodies and others prefer ICP.
Funk Volume Don't Funk Up Our Beats Contest 5 - Page 5 I-see-what-you-did-there
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Sat 9 Mar 2013 - 6:00
King wrote:
Buddie wrote:

For example some prefer straight raw rapping, some prefer melodies and others prefer ICP.

It all depends on taste and it's understandable to see why street doesn't appeal to the general public.

That's very true and I agree, but most listeners enjoy a rapper who is entertaining. Ex

Rapping isn't just about being able to spit lyrical bars. That's a big part of it, but you also need to be able to grab the listeners attention and keep them wanting to hear what's next on every song.

But not everybody's the same. Some people like straight spitting and don't really care about being entertained. However, I think that most people care about the entertainment side of rapping.
Grandmaster
Grandmaster
Registered Member
https://twitter.com/JustAUserHandle

Sat 9 Mar 2013 - 9:00
I like that Street Light bought back is multiple personality's for this video.
King
King
Registered Member

Sat 9 Mar 2013 - 20:01
Buddie wrote:
King wrote:
Buddie wrote:

That's very true and I agree, but most listeners enjoy a rapper who is entertaining. Ex

Rapping isn't just about being able to spit lyrical bars. That's a big part of it, but you also need to be able to grab the listeners attention and keep them wanting to hear what's next on every song.

But not everybody's the same. Some people like straight spitting and don't really care about being entertained. However, I think that most people care about the entertainment side of rapping.

What I meant to say was, something that is entertaining to one person might not be for the other.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Sat 9 Mar 2013 - 20:49
King wrote:
Buddie wrote:
King wrote:
Buddie wrote:

What I meant to say was, something that is entertaining to one person might not be for the other.

I agree
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Sun 10 Mar 2013 - 1:10

he went the fuck in.
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Sun 10 Mar 2013 - 7:40
King wrote:
Perfect Stranger wrote:
King wrote:Another dope promo!

I was actually really disappointed by this, tbh.

Then enter the contest yourself with a live verse, thank me later.
Other 10

If I had good recording equipment I would.
I agree she's talented but I just don't enjoy most of her music.
I've liked some of her verses, for example she went in on "Damage", but otherwise she doesn't really impress me.
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Sun 10 Mar 2013 - 9:54
STRANGEgenius wrote:

he went the fuck in.
This is the best I've heard from Fat Joe these years
King
King
Registered Member

Sun 10 Mar 2013 - 21:11
That guy has a clean quick flow, many people try to rap fast but their flow is distorted.

Strange only likes him because he has a 9 in his name though lol.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Mon 11 Mar 2013 - 5:36
King wrote:That guy has a clean quick flow, many people try to rap fast but their flow is distorted.

Strange only likes him because he has a 9 in his name though lol.

lol, not true.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum