Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

The Marshall Mathers LP (Review) Empty The Marshall Mathers LP (Review)

Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 21:19
"The Marshall Mathers LP is the third studio album by American rapper Eminem. Released on May 23, 2000, the album sold more than 1.76 million copies in the US in the first week alone. In 2001, the album won the Grammy Award for Best Rap Album and was nominated for Album of the Year. The album was certified diamond by the Recording Industry Association of America in the United States with shipments over 10 million."

This is my favorite album of all time across all genres. This is the album that really started my love for Hip Hop. I will be reviewing each song in a few short sentences. Enjoy!:

1. Kill You: This song is great in every aspect. The verses are on point and the chorus is great and funny. What a great way to start of the album! (9.5/10)

2. Stan: This is one of my favorite songs of all time and the song is just excellent and a beautiful piece of work. I've never heard a song like this in my life and it will always hold a special place in my heart. (11/10)

3. Who Knew: The chorus is very well put together and the verses compliment the song very well. This is vintage Slim Shady at it's best. (9.5/10)

4. The Way I Am: This song should be in any Eminem fans' Top 20 list. It shows the true aggressive Slim Shady and how he felt about his life at the time. The track is superb and one of the album's finest. (10/10)

5. The Real Slim Shady: This is by far Eminem's best single he has ever released. This song went global once it was released and everyone was singing the chorus of this song. This is the song that truly kick started Slim Shady's career. (10/10)

6. Remember Me?: I was just bumping this song in my car for the first time in years the other day, and Sticky Fingaz and Eminem's verses were great. Love the beat also. (9/10)

7. I'm Back: This is a simple song that Eminem made to let everyone know that he is back and better than ever. There were plenty of controversial lines in this song that sparked major debate about the mind of Slim Shady. (9.5/10)

8. Marshall Mathers: This is one of my favorite songs on the album and it shows just how good Eminem really was. He took shots at ICP, his mother, and everyone who wanted something from him after he became famous. This song was for sure a great one. (10/10)

9. Drug Ballad: This song was one of the worst songs on the album, yet it was still a classic song by Marshall Mathers. That just goes to show you how great of an album this is. (9/10)

10. Amityville This is one of the grimiest songs on the album and Eminem delivers both on the chorus and on his verses. Usually Bizarre ruins songs for me, but he actually did a good job on this song and it's one of his best verses ever. (9/10)

11. Bitch Please II: This is my least favorite song on the album. I never really cared for Snoop Dogg (Snoop Lion) so that's probably the reason why. It's still a very good song though. (8.5/10)

12. Kim: I'm not gonna lie, when I first heard this song, I was scared and I thought it was terrible. After a few listens though, it grew on me and became an instant classic for me. The raw emotion in this song is amazing and just think of awkward it must of been for the people in the studio to see Eminem yelling and screaming in the mic. Great song overall (10/10)

13. Under The Influence Not the greatest song on the album, but it is still a good song. The chorus is very good, but I only liked Em's verse. I still like the song though. (8.5)

14. Criminal: What an excellent way to end the album. The song itself is great and the skit in the middle of the song is the best skit Em has ever done. This is definitely a Top 20 Eminem track for me. (10/10)

15. The Kids (Bonus Track): Good song overall and it is pretty damn funny too. (8.5/10)

Overall Grade: 10/10

Unfortunately, I don't think I will ever enjoy an album as much as this one. I can still listen to this album today and enjoy every song. It has great replay value.

Well that's all! I hope you enjoyed this review. If you have any other albums you'd like for me to review, just post them below.

AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

The Marshall Mathers LP (Review) Empty Re: The Marshall Mathers LP (Review)

Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 21:23
Loved it!
I'm gonna drop my own little review! I'm not gonna rate them though, just an opinion.
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 21:35
Kill You - Great rhythm and just Slim Shady being Slim Shady.

Stan - One of his songs where he just has a spark like Lose Yourself and it's totally different from all his songs but it turns out amazing, it can probably not be topped in it's uniqueness.

Who Knew - Haven't listened to that much but I think the chorus comes smoothly and sounds nice, classic Slim Shady song.

The Way I Am - A great song of him showing his feelings at the time of the industry around him I guess.

The Real Slim Shady - One of the songs that got me into Eminem, I loved it. Catchy, Great rhymes, and great punchlines. Even though in the previous song "The Way I Am" he said "I'll never be able to top "My Name Is"" He did exactly that. The Real Slim Shady and My Name Is are right up there side by side, classic singles.

Remember Me - Not bad but not one I listen to a lot.... Eminem has some good stuff in his verse.

I'm Back - A great song, Just sick rhymes. Sort of Ems version of Hot 16s. I love the first bars, whole song. Em killed it.

Marshall Mathers - This was like The Way I Am where it's Marshall rapping, not Slim you could say.

Drug Ballad - Nice to listen to, No insane word play but it's catchy. I heard some sped up version on you tube that sounds better, it's not like extremely sped up but yea...

Amityville - One of those crazy songs. Nice but I don't really listen to it.

Bitch Please II - Em did pretty awesome. His verse was best imo. Don't really know what else to say for that. This whole album was full of classics. No songs that I just didn't like.

Kim - Insanse shit. Just him whiling out. Chorus is awesome too.

Under The Influence - A D12 classic, Top 5 in D12 for me.

Criminal - A great Em song. Every aspect on it was awesome. Enough said.

Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 23:03
Kim is so underrated. Best song on the album tbh
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 23:40
AlwaysRaw wrote:Kill You - Great rhythm and just Slim Shady being Slim Shady.

Stan - One of his songs where he just has a spark like Lose Yourself and it's totally different from all his songs but it turns out amazing, it can probably not be topped in it's uniqueness.

Who Knew - Haven't listened to that much but I think the chorus comes smoothly and sounds nice, classic Slim Shady song.

The Way I Am - A great song of him showing his feelings at the time of the industry around him I guess.

The Real Slim Shady - One of the songs that got me into Eminem, I loved it. Catchy, Great rhymes, and great punchlines. Even though in the previous song "The Way I Am" he said "I'll never be able to top "My Name Is"" He did exactly that. The Real Slim Shady and My Name Is are right up there side by side, classic singles.

Remember Me - Not bad but not one I listen to a lot.... Eminem has some good stuff in his verse.

I'm Back - A great song, Just sick rhymes. Sort of Ems version of Hot 16s. I love the first bars, whole song. Em killed it.

Marshall Mathers - This was like The Way I Am where it's Marshall rapping, not Slim you could say.

Drug Ballad - Nice to listen to, No insane word play but it's catchy. I heard some sped up version on you tube that sounds better, it's not like extremely sped up but yea...

Bitch Please II - Em did pretty awesome. His verse was best imo. Don't really know what else to say for that. This whole album was full of classics. No songs that I just didn't like.

you could've just made a new thread, lol.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 23:41
Jeet wrote:Kim is so underrated. Best song on the album tbh

Kim & amityville are my favorite ones.
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 23:42
STRANGEgenius wrote:
AlwaysRaw wrote:Kill You - Great rhythm and just Slim Shady being Slim Shady.

you could've just made a new thread, lol.
I'd rather keep all the reviews on 1 album for 1 thread. just my opinion though
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 23:43

I agree, it's one of the best songs, but some people just can't handle that much intensity in one song lol
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 23:45
Buddie wrote:

I agree, it's one of the best songs, but some people just can't handle that much intensity in one song lol
well I can handle it, just not a song I rock out to hahaha
Knightmare
Knightmare
Registered Member

Mon 27 Aug 2012 - 5:54
My favorite album! Great review. I would make a review for it but I would rate them all 10/10 and look like an idiot.
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Mon 27 Aug 2012 - 9:50
Kim is the kind of song you sit down and listen to in a public place with headphones in and sit there in a silence, while everyone is completely oblivious to what's going on in your ears.
BRETTMADDENKING6hunna
Registered Member

Mon 5 Nov 2012 - 22:21
great album eminem is uhmasin
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Tue 6 Nov 2012 - 0:37
I disagree with the ratings on following songs and add my own ratings:

Who knew 8/10
Drug ballad 7.5/10
Criminal 7/10
The kids 7/10 - I admit it's funny af but tbh its only a bonus cause it couldn't make it as a original number on the lp.

But I agree with the rest more or less. clear 10/10.

Marshall Mathers #1 song on the album
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum