Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Naughty Dog Was About To Make A 5th Jak & Daxter... Empty Naughty Dog Was About To Make A 5th Jak & Daxter...

Tue 7 Feb 2012 - 5:12
Before Naughty Dog settled on their forthcoming zombie thriller, The Last of Us, the Uncharted studio had considered resurrecting the laconic blonde and ottsel buddy, Jak & Daxter according to an interview with Game Informer. Following Uncharted 3, a Jak & Daxter game for PS3 could have been next on the agenda.

Naughty Dog's newly-founded second team would have spearheaded the development, and the studio had "extensively" looked at the proposition of bringing back Jak & Daxter. "I don't know if this is going to make [fans] happy or sad," but we did explore the idea fairly extensively," said Naughty Dog Co-President, Evan Wells. "Something that we talked about early on was, 'Lets go back and apply what we've learned with the Uncharted games to Jak & Daxter.' It’s one of the franchises that’s near and dear to us, and, in all honesty, we’d like to somehow honour.”"

It was eventually decided that going back to Jak & Daxter at this point would be doing the series a "disservice", Wells added. “Even if we felt like we’re going to give the fans another Jak & Daxter, we felt we weren’t going to give them the game that they wanted. We would end up limiting the direction that the company had this passion for while simultaneously not creating the game that fans wanted. We just realised we were going to just do everybody a disservice. So at that point, the conversations started to move in a new direction.”

However, Naughty Dog hasn't ruled out a return to the Jak & Daxter franchise at some point in the future. “Naughty Dog’s got a long history and I think it’s got a long future, so to say we’ll never go back is kind of crazy. But right now, we’ve got this new IP that we’re definitely going to be supporting,” Wells stated. “I guess there’s a possibility the Uncharted team could move on to Jak & Daxter. It’s still up in the air, but I wouldn’t think that’s going to happen because I think we’d run into all of the same problems with that team that we did with this team.”

For now, we can all look forward to the Jak & Daxter HD Collection, which is due out tomorrow in North America and on February 22nd in Europe.

Naughty Dog Was About To Make A 5th Jak & Daxter... Jak2pic4

Sourcceee
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Naughty Dog Was About To Make A 5th Jak & Daxter... Empty Re: Naughty Dog Was About To Make A 5th Jak & Daxter...

Tue 7 Feb 2012 - 5:38
I'd buy a whole PS3 just for a new Jak & Daxter. Those games were my childhood.
Chicka Chicka Mr Davey
Chicka Chicka Mr Davey
Registered Member

Naughty Dog Was About To Make A 5th Jak & Daxter... Empty Re: Naughty Dog Was About To Make A 5th Jak & Daxter...

Tue 7 Feb 2012 - 6:38
thoz game's sucked hella bad crash bandicoot was about all i liked from them
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Tue 7 Feb 2012 - 6:39
Who wouldn't?

Ratchet & Clank > jak and Daxter tho.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Tue 7 Feb 2012 - 6:40
Chicka Chicka Mr Davey wrote:thoz game's sucked hella bad crash bandicoot was about all i liked from them

lol, Crash Bandicoot > Jak And daxter

Crash was fucking hard aswell, ive sworn at that fucking annoying mask 100 million fucking times.
Chicka Chicka Mr Davey
Chicka Chicka Mr Davey
Registered Member

Tue 7 Feb 2012 - 6:53

lmao you mean this!!!!!
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Tue 7 Feb 2012 - 7:06
yes that fucking motherfucking african mask.

the sounds he did was funny as fuck tho.
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Tue 7 Feb 2012 - 19:40
Jak & Daxter and Crash Bandicoot are on equal levels of greatness.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum