Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predicted Knock Madness Album Sales

+14
nikesonmyfeet95
MCJayFree
Matt Meyer
CloudStrife37
Higher Living
AwesomeMan0710
JohnnyRottenSeed
GangusKahn
Hop_Fan13
BabySmacker
Lello
Mr. Sinister
STRANGEgenius
Arkade
18 posters
Go down
Arkade
Arkade
Registered Member

Predicted Knock Madness Album Sales Empty Predicted Knock Madness Album Sales

Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 9:07
Thoughts?

If every like on his page bought a copy he could sell 150,000+ by then, but i doubt that will happen
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Predicted Knock Madness Album Sales Empty Re: Predicted Knock Madness Album Sales

Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 9:12
its to early to say.

Arkade
Arkade
Registered Member

Predicted Knock Madness Album Sales Empty Re: Predicted Knock Madness Album Sales

Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 9:12
STRANGEgenius wrote:its to early to say.

After the single drops it will be easier to tell, but right now what woudl you say?
Anonymous

Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 9:14
Damn dude, tough really. How much did Raw sell in the first week?
Arkade
Arkade
Registered Member

Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 9:16
I think RAW sold like 4k first week, but he had only around 12k page likes when that dropped, he has almost 100k likes and by then he'll have 150k +
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 9:25
Arkade wrote:I think RAW sold like 4k first week, but he had only around 12k page likes when that dropped, he has almost 100k likes and by then he'll have 150k +

he has 100k on his fb
but has only sold 20k RAW copys . SMFH
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 9:26
Arkade wrote:I think RAW sold like 4k first week, but he had only around 12k page likes when that dropped, he has almost 100k likes and by then he'll have 150k +

sold under 2k
Anonymous

Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 9:27
So all up he's sold 20k of Raw? Fuck dude, that ain't that bad tbh. I didn't think it sold that much.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 9:29
Lube wrote:So all up he's sold 20k of Raw? Fuck dude, that ain't that bad tbh. I didn't think it sold that much.

yeah but considering he has so much "fans" on fb , i thought it would be more.

like Tech he has over 1.5mill fans on fb but his highest sold album ABSOLUTE POWER has only sold 400k.
Anonymous

Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 9:31
Ya gotta think about the assholes who don't support a good artist also..
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 9:32
Lube wrote:Ya gotta think about the assholes who don't support a good artist also..

hell yeah.

and i know Tech sells quite a bit on iTunes though.

HARD COPY >>>>>>>>>>>>>> mp3 ANYDAY.
Mr. Sinister
Mr. Sinister
Registered Member
https://www.facebook.com/MrSinisterMusic

Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 9:37
Album sales? Couldn't you download it free at some point? I payed for mine but :/
Lello
Lello
Registered Member
http://forum.trshady.com

Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 12:18
It will sell around 40k when it's all said and done IMO (even less maybe)
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 12:54
Lube wrote:Ya gotta think about the assholes who don't support a good artist also..

I always download music before I buy it. I don't wanna buy it and it then not like it. I've then wasted my money.
On the other hand, if an artist is on a label they didn't start or help start, I probably won't buy it. Artists get most of their money from shows and merch, though.
Hop_Fan13
Hop_Fan13
Registered Member

Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 13:25

Plus the people that are their just to hate.
Hop_Fan13
Hop_Fan13
Registered Member

Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 13:31
iH3artSatan666 wrote:

I always download music before I buy it. I don't wanna buy it and it then not like it. I've then wasted my money.
On the other hand, if an artist is on a label they didn't start or help start, I probably won't buy it. Artists get most of their money from shows and merch, though.

If I'm not 100% sure about an album I youtube all the songs first. I need to like at least 90% of the album to buy it. Too many artists get by, by just putting out good singles & then have a crappy album. Tech N9ne & Hopsin are the only two artists that I'll buy their hard copy album because I know it'll be good. I know Hopsin's new & it may be too early too know that his album will be dope beforehand but even all the features he has are being demolished.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 13:37
Hop_Fan13 wrote:
iH3artSatan666 wrote:

If I'm not 100% sure about an album I youtube all the songs first. I need to like at least 90% of the album to buy it. Too many artists get by, by just putting out good singles & then have a crappy album. Tech N9ne & Hopsin are the only two artists that I'll buy their hard copy album because I know it'll be good. I know Hopsin's new & it may be too early too know that his album will be dope beforehand but even all the features he has are being demolished.

you said Tech N9ne.
therefore i In Love you
GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/Gangu5Kahn?feature=mhee

Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 14:47

Where can you see the numbers to the RAW sales? I couldn't fine em
JohnnyRottenSeed
JohnnyRottenSeed
Registered Member

Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 14:55
all depends on that single,
he's got the audience at a light simmer. with ill mind 4,
next move is critical, definitely has the potential to be way up there depending how he adapts to the mainstream
with the break out of odd future, i think the door is wide open

i'd say he'll do atleast 50,000

can't say album sales are a direct correlate to success anymore- it's an old business model
AwesomeMan0710
AwesomeMan0710
Registered Member

Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 19:30
i wanna say at least 50 k.

I will dream at least 100 k.
Higher Living
Higher Living
Registered Member

Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 19:37
Triple Platinum is a better dream LMAO
CloudStrife37
Registered Member

Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 0:55
As good as his music is, and the way he connects with his fans, I'd say he's got another, guaranteed, at least 20k. His Facebook is raising in likes exponentially, and people are still showing their friends Ill 4 (at least in my area). He can't go anywhere but up. He's definitely buzzing right now. I wish Funk Volume marketed themselves harder. Viral marketing is the reason Odd Future is where they are right now. Random ass pictures cut up with people's faces switched, giraffes, and 4chan put them where they are. Youtube is the only real place people are discovering Hop.
Matt Meyer
Matt Meyer
Registered Member

Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 1:49
Matt Meyer
Matt Meyer
Registered Member

Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 1:57
7k first week that is
MCJayFree
MCJayFree
Registered Member

Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 2:33
doesnt matter what it sells. if its an awesome album that becomes timeless is what counts. he doesnt have the marketing or promotion budget yet to hit a million sales, and im sure all his fans or lieks on facebook wont buy it neccisarily. i think he could sell up to 20 or 30 thousand, but that would be suprising. i think royce sold less than 10 thousand on his death is certain lp before he got signed to shady. and hes been big underground for over a decade
i hope hop sells, but until hes on mtv and all that dont expect too much. hope for the best tho, hope its better than detox like hes hyping it. i have faith
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum