Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gazing at the Moonlight - Underrated?

+12
Mark us
rollin4em
Lello
chrOnic
Fitzyy
IVIurphY
Frankie
nikesonmyfeet95
STRANGEgenius
BabySmacker
GangusKahn
LiquidDookie87
16 posters
Go down
LiquidDookie87
LiquidDookie87
Registered Member

Gazing at the Moonlight - Underrated? Empty Gazing at the Moonlight - Underrated?

Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 1:15
A lot of people talk about how dope Raw is, which it is, don't get me wrong, but I barely see any love for Gazing at the Moonlight. Truth be told? I love this album. When I first listened to it, it was on loop for weeks. I think Chris Dolmeth might be one of Hop's best tracks, but that is just my opinion. I think the album is really well put together. Some of the humorous songs were even good.

Thoughts? If you don't have Gazing - which I doubt anyone here does not have it, but just in case - get it. It's really good.
GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/Gangu5Kahn?feature=mhee

Gazing at the Moonlight - Underrated? Empty Re: Gazing at the Moonlight - Underrated?

Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 1:19
I like it a lot because its a product of Hopsin....It wasn't his best album, but it helps to show how much he's improved. Therefore I do think it is underrated and also believe that people rate albums the wrong way. If you knew what he's about, and where he came from, you kinda have to appreciate GATM

Last edited by GangusKahn on Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 1:21; edited 1 time in total
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Gazing at the Moonlight - Underrated? Empty Re: Gazing at the Moonlight - Underrated?

Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 1:20
Get it or DL it? Buying it just helps fund Ruthless. Lol

Anyway, I love GATM. Great album. It's definitely underrated.
LiquidDookie87
LiquidDookie87
Registered Member

Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 1:21
^ Agreed. I prefer Raw myself, but I think GATML deserves credit. It has a lot of great songs on it.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 1:22
i see where your coming from
but for me RAW > GATM
although there are some very good tracks on GATM
the tracks on RAW outshine it. but i always recmoned Motherfucker & Chris Dolmeth first.

but it defintaly is underated. and that shit still bangs.
LiquidDookie87
LiquidDookie87
Registered Member

Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 1:22
Oh, and I downloaded GATML but bought RAW on iTunes.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 1:23
LiquidDookie87 wrote:Oh, and I downloaded GATML but bought RAW on iTunes.

i have both in hard copy
and signed Big Grin Music
nikesonmyfeet95
nikesonmyfeet95
Registered Member

Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 7:12
I like Motherfucker. That's about it. Not trying to hate, just being truthful.
Anonymous

Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 7:14
nikesonmyfeet95 wrote:I like Motherfucker. That's about it. Not trying to hate, just being truthful.

Haha Hop likes Mothefucker too, glad he performs it when touring.
GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member

Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 7:17
You guys seriously dont like Chris Dolmeth? Song is a true story,...hella sick,...guess you'd have to know someone or be someone who's been through shit like that
Frankie
Administrator
https://twitter.com/HopsinForums

Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 7:20
Chris Dolmeth >>> Heather Nicole. I think I've posted that before, though. It's easily my favourite track from GATM.
GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member

Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 7:20
Frankie wrote:Chris Dolmeth >>> Heather Nicole. I think I've posted that before, though. It's easily my favourite track from GATM.

Couldn't agree more as far as the GATM goes
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 7:22
GangusKahn wrote:
Frankie wrote:Chris Dolmeth >>> Heather Nicole. I think I've posted that before, though. It's easily my favourite track from GATM.

Couldn't agree more as far as the GATM goes

i love Chris Dolmeth
ive had friend die from meth and all
and Heather Nicole
weve ALL been through it or know someone who has been through it.

Heather Nicole is still better for me.
IVIurphY
IVIurphY
Registered Member

Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 16:43
GangusKahn wrote:You guys seriously dont like Chris Dolmeth? Song is a true story,...hella sick,...guess you'd have to know someone or be someone who's been through shit like that

Yeah its easy to relate to, its one of my all time favorite hop songs Big Grin
Fitzyy
Fitzyy
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/fitzyybeatz

Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 16:49
Gazing At The Moonlight is definetly underated.

Hop flows amazing in every track included on that album
chrOnic
Registered Member

Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 16:55
love the intro on this album, laughed my ass off...

My favs on the album are Who Do You Think I Am, Motherfucker, Pans in the Kitchen and gotta love the Bubblies!
Lello
Lello
Registered Member
http://forum.trshady.com

Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 21:58
Motherfucker, Chris Dolmeth and Sexy Cyber are amazing songs, the last 2 having amazing story-telling ability

but speaking of GATM being underrated, the song with the same name is as underated, it's a great song, it never gets mentioned by anyone.

Pans In the Kitchen is a good funny single (like Sag My Pants)

the rest of the album is good, but not great

Raw is definitely better, but I like GATM

and I know all funds of GATM go to ruthless, But I'm gonna buy a copy of it, I want to have all Hopsin album releases... will also buy Raw, and Knock Madness when it drops ofc
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 22:01
chrOnic wrote:love the intro on this album, laughed my ass off...

My favs on the album are Who Do You Think I Am, Motherfucker, Pans in the Kitchen and gotta love the Bubblies!

Man...your sig is probably Hop's shit face.
chrOnic
Registered Member

Sun 25 Sep 2011 - 22:28
iH3artSatan666 wrote:
chrOnic wrote:love the intro on this album, laughed my ass off...

Man...your sig is probably Hop's shit face.

i think this is more like his shit face

Gazing at the Moonlight - Underrated? 284514_257692097579925_114933838522419_1194725_3690530_n
rollin4em
Registered Member

Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 2:59
Lello wrote:Motherfucker, Chris Dolmeth and Sexy Cyber are amazing songs, the last 2 having amazing story-telling ability

but speaking of GATM being underrated, the song with the same name is as underated, it's a great song, it never gets mentioned by anyone.

and I know all funds of GATM go to ruthless, But I'm gonna buy a copy of it, I want to have all Hopsin album releases... will also buy Raw, and Knock Madness when it drops ofc
I feel you lello Gazing at the moonlight song is very under rated its one of my favorite hop songs

I love gazing at the moonlight album, it may not be as good as raw but its still a great album with songs like pans in the kitchen, Chris dolmeth, sexy cyber, and gazing at the moonlights all being some of my favorite hop songs
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 3:55
rollin4em wrote:
Lello wrote:Motherfucker, Chris Dolmeth and Sexy Cyber are amazing songs, the last 2 having amazing story-telling ability

I feel you lello Gazing at the moonlight song is very under rated its one of my favorite hop songs

I love gazing at the moonlight album, it may not be as good as raw but its still a great album with songs like pans in the kitchen, Chris dolmeth, sexy cyber, and gazing at the moonlights all being some of my favorite hop songs

you got it right.
Mark us
Mark us
Registered Member

Sat 17 Nov 2012 - 15:18
The beats and his flows are more laidback on this album and in some ways I like this way of rapping better than how he did it on RAW. Of course some lyrics implicate that it was some of his earlier work but I really like it.
ChynnaDoll
ChynnaDoll
Registered Member
https://www.facebook.com/ChynnaDollTM

Sun 18 Nov 2012 - 20:01
I DO think Gazing at the Moonlight does kinda get slept on alot. When I got the mixtape I fell in love with it instantly and had on repeat for a few days too, ALONG with RAW AND Haywire. It just depends on the persons style of music I think cause each mixtape Hop drops has a little something for everybody in it if they would just sit down and listen
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Sun 18 Nov 2012 - 20:22
ChynnaDoll wrote:I DO think Gazing at the Moonlight does kinda get slept on alot. When I got the mixtape I fell in love with it instantly and had on repeat for a few days too, ALONG with RAW AND Haywire. It just depends on the persons style of music I think cause each mixtape Hop drops has a little something for everybody in it if they would just sit down and listen
It's not a mixtape.
Grandmaster
Grandmaster
Registered Member
https://twitter.com/JustAUserHandle

Sun 18 Nov 2012 - 20:41
I prefer it to Raw.

*Prepares for forum rape*
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum