Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mixtape download - Better Days to Come

+6
dcan
tyler3996
Coolguy 127
Chokey
Perfect Stranger
fxtdiilz
10 posters
Go down
fxtdiilz
fxtdiilz
Registered Member

Mixtape download - Better Days to Come Empty Mixtape download - Better Days to Come

Mon 10 Jun 2013 - 9:44
Here's my first mixtape, finally finished!! lol. I've been working on this all year and had a lot of set back as I've recorded a lot of the songs on different mics until finally I got myself a decent set up. There's also been other setbacks but that don't matter lol. What matters is it's finished with all songs like "Head up" and "Runaway love" all fixed up with new mixing and shit.

Please have a listen, download if you like and give some feedback on the songs on it?

http://dilzmusic.bandcamp.com/album/better-days-to-come
fxtdiilz
fxtdiilz
Registered Member

Mixtape download - Better Days to Come Empty Re: Mixtape download - Better Days to Come

Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 2:41
bump..
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Mixtape download - Better Days to Come Empty Re: Mixtape download - Better Days to Come

Sun 16 Jun 2013 - 7:34
I'll give more of a review when I have time too download it but from what I've heard:

I know this tape is supposed too be positive, socially concious but a lot of themes get tired like for example self harm is a common theme throughout, which isn't a bad thing it's great you're speaking on things like this but they all revolve around the same message at the end even in the stories like "The Letter" etc.
You could talk about other shit apart from just depression and relationships and such.
I mean look at Talib Kweli or Mos Def, those dudes have full albums of positive material but most of it is quite diverse.
Apart from being slightly repetative you've got some great lyrics and they really mesh with the beat on most songs.
I know you're trying to appeal too everyone but on songs like "This One's For Me" you come across as a bit corny. I'm sure your female fans or your girlfriend or whatever will love it and think it's sweet but when you post it on forums most Hardcore fans will be a bit more judgemental.

Overall, I enjoyed most of the songs, your delivery is a bit iffy sometimes but other than that good for a first mixtape.
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Sun 16 Jun 2013 - 13:48
i need to have a laugh. will download and review your fagtape later bro.
fxtdiilz
fxtdiilz
Registered Member

Sun 16 Jun 2013 - 22:46
Chokey wrote:i need to have a laugh. will download and review your fagtape later bro.

cheers bro
Coolguy 127
Coolguy 127
Registered Member

Mon 17 Jun 2013 - 3:27
Just what Perfect Stranger said. Word for word. Nice mixtape. Good job.Thumbs Up

I have a question though, when are you planning on releasing the song that SwizZz featured on?
tyler3996
Registered Member

Thu 20 Jun 2013 - 5:29
Well the good things about the mixtape is you have good topic matter, your songs provide a good message, and the mixing was ok. The negatives would be sometimes you dont flow with the beat, the concepts get repeatitive, and after a while the shit gets depressing lmao. Overall it was a decent mixtape, but you gotta switch up the vibe sometimes and come with something new. Most of the beats were slow and deep and it just gives off a sad vibe. It reminds me if Hopsin would make a mixtape with a bunch of songs like heather nichole. i mean Heather nichole was a good song but a whole album like that would make me want to shoot myself. So my advice would be throw in some different types of tracks and maybe try working on metaphors and punchlines. Hope i helped
dcan
dcan
Registered Member
https://www.facebook.com/dcanhiphophttp://www.twitter.com/dcanhiphop

Fri 21 Jun 2013 - 15:41
dilz is the man! great mixtape man!! keep up the good work and don't let negative comments get you down ever!
Essence
Essence
Registered Member

Fri 21 Jun 2013 - 19:54
make different song
all yo songs sound like "she got raped did attempted suicide she cried and she cried and she hated her life till one day she found a knife"
fxtdiilz
fxtdiilz
Registered Member

Sat 22 Jun 2013 - 4:10
I'm working on different music, just wanted to get this soft tape out the way first. I actually think the songs I'm working on now people will like from this forums lol
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Sun 23 Jun 2013 - 3:40
Also, did you really start crying the first time someone posted a negative comment on your YT video?
fxtdiilz
fxtdiilz
Registered Member

Sun 23 Jun 2013 - 11:47
Perfect Stranger wrote:Also, did you really start crying the first time someone posted a negative comment on your YT video?
I didn't cry lyrics say "I was at the point where I could" not that I did, and it wasn't a post on my youtube video.. it was a mate who lost respect for me for doing an anti bullying song and when I sent them the link through facebook they hated on me for it cus it was bitch worthy and just made me feel like if my mates can't support then wtf but that shit don't matter no more, i know my supporters, and I'm growing a fan base
JohnnyRottenSeed
JohnnyRottenSeed
Registered Member

Fri 28 Jun 2013 - 19:35
fxtdiilz wrote:
Perfect Stranger wrote:Also, did you really start crying the first time someone posted a negative comment on your YT video?
I didn't cry lyrics say "I was at the point where I could" not that I did, and it wasn't a post on my youtube video.. it was a mate who lost respect for me for doing an anti bullying song and when I sent them the link through facebook they hated on me for it cus it was bitch worthy and just made me feel like if my mates can't support then wtf but that shit don't matter no more, i know my supporters, and I'm growing a fan base

good for you finishin an entire tape

im'a dick tho.. fukin hate everyone.. man up
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/410maximus

Fri 28 Jun 2013 - 19:53
fxtdiilz wrote:

I'm sure you've heard this before... but when it comes to being an artist or musician, your closest friends & family can easily be the worst possible influence you can have.
Spanky
Spanky
Registered Member

Fri 28 Jun 2013 - 20:14
Did you get the beats online, make them, or have someone else do it?
fxtdiilz
fxtdiilz
Registered Member

Sat 29 Jun 2013 - 5:49
Spanky wrote:Did you get the beats online, make them, or have someone else do it?

beats online but im working on learning how to make beats and I also have a few people offering to supply me with beats which is cool
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum