Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DCAN - One Passion

+10
Chokey
AlwaysRaw
Perfect Stranger
Essence
King
Hunter
whufcwesthamunited
Grandmaster
dcan
14 posters
Go down
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

DCAN - One Passion - Page 2 Empty Re: DCAN - One Passion

Mon 27 May 2013 - 8:39
dcan wrote:Alright well youtube rapper or not I just want honest feedback. Anyone can say some shit like "whack" or "gtfo" but at the end of the day that doesn't help one damn bit and honestly makes me question the intellect of the person firing shots.

technically, if they say you are whack. Then that is feedback.

and if that doesn't get through your head, it means that it sucks.
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Mon 27 May 2013 - 14:42
hopsin is a youtube rapper. where would he be wihtout youtube? and where else than youtube do people listen to his songs?
dcan
dcan
Registered Member
https://www.facebook.com/dcanhiphophttp://www.twitter.com/dcanhiphop

Mon 27 May 2013 - 15:44
dukeblue wrote:
dcan wrote:Alright well youtube rapper or not I just want honest feedback. Anyone can say some shit like "whack" or "gtfo" but at the end of the day that doesn't help one damn bit and honestly makes me question the intellect of the person firing shots.

You know, I get why it bothers you, but I wouldn't be saying shit like that just because they weren't helpful and that upset you. You are the one trying to get feedback, being a dick is what to you "doesn't help one damn bit".

As far as actual feedback goes, yes the mic is an issue but it isn't that bad at all. However, a lot of your rhymes felt either nonexistent, or you didn't focus on the syllables that do rhyme in the words and just glanced over it. I don't know, I hope that makes sense, I rarely critique music, basically the flow is just..off at times. Again, this wasn't bad, an actual mic would have helped it a ton.

I would definitely look into getting your own setup if money isn't terribly tight. You could probably get a nice usb interface and cheap condenser microphone for ~250 maybe less or more depending how hard you look. As Perfect Stranger said never release anything on a built in mic, just don't. I understand you had no choice if you wanted to enter this contest. But that's why I'm saying maybe look into getting your own little studio setup. Songs like this can turn away new people that aren't other artists in the competition checking out your channel. It's not that the song itself if bad, it's that it sounds bad. And that's all it takes. A clear example of this is the first few posts on this thread.

THIS is what I'm talking about. Constructive criticism is the best and actually helps out a lot. Next time I'll make sure the quality is a lot nicer and I'm going to put a little more time into the verse. I honestly threw that verse together in about 10 minutes. When I record sometimes I like to listen to the beat and if I feel it from the start I record a freestyle verse top of the dome over the beat. Then I like to go back and actually write out a verse and sometimes I'll take the freestyle bits and throw them in the actual written verse. But anyways enough talk about that. Thanks for this, I mean it.
dcan
dcan
Registered Member

Mon 27 May 2013 - 15:47
STRANGEgenius wrote:

I mean yeah it's feedback but it's useless feedback. It's not going to get through my head because it's not a valid opinion. It's just a bullshit comment with no substance. Some people have completely different opinions on what is good music or real hip hop anyways. How about you post one of your songs and let the rest of us give you some feedback! ;)
fxtdiilz
fxtdiilz
Registered Member

Mon 27 May 2013 - 20:51
dcan wrote:
STRANGEgenius wrote:

How about you post one of your songs and let the rest of us give you some feedback! ;)
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Tue 28 May 2013 - 5:35
i don't make music.

And my point had nothing to do with me, lol.
dcan
dcan
Registered Member

Tue 28 May 2013 - 14:14
STRANGEgenius wrote:i don't make music.

And my point had nothing to do with me, lol.

In America, we call this the backpedal.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum