Hopsin Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

What the fuck is Hopsin doing?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 What the fuck is Hopsin doing? on 29/4/2013, 12:37 am

Grafik

Registered Member
Why is it taking him so long to drop his album? I mean god damn. What has it been, 3-4 years? Is he making a 40 track album? I seriously just think he's procrastinating or is thinking waiting longer builds hype? Idk, I'm almost done caring about it anymore. My bad if this has been posted already.

http://www.rappingreptile.tk/

2 Re: What the fuck is Hopsin doing? on 29/4/2013, 12:43 am

Coolguy 127

Registered Member
He did say he can't just make lyrics like appear out of thin air, he has to live life and when the time comes he'll know what to say. He also tweeted that he's made 2 angry feeling songs in the past 2 weeks. Big Grin I love his angry songs!

3 Re: What the fuck is Hopsin doing? on 29/4/2013, 12:45 am

Grafik

Registered Member
I hope this wait is worth it.

http://www.rappingreptile.tk/

4 Re: What the fuck is Hopsin doing? on 29/4/2013, 12:46 am

Coolguy 127

Registered Member
Grafik wrote:I hope this wait is worth it.
We all hope this.

5 Re: What the fuck is Hopsin doing? on 29/4/2013, 2:32 am

Buddie

Registered Member
"completing" Knock Madness.

6 Re: What the fuck is Hopsin doing? on 29/4/2013, 2:33 am

King

Registered Member
Don't wait for it, forget about Hopsin and then rediscover him when his album comes out lol.

7 Re: What the fuck is Hopsin doing? on 29/4/2013, 5:46 am

Chokey

Registered Member
masturbating

8 Re: What the fuck is Hopsin doing? on 29/4/2013, 6:34 am

Coolguy 127

Registered Member
Talking to 14 year old girls.

9 Re: What the fuck is Hopsin doing? on 29/4/2013, 7:39 pm

IdioticFans

Banned Member

With Hopsin, its an interesting predicament. Knock Madness, according to the video snippets, isn't sounding that impressive. Judging by the bass guitar, he's going for an Eminem "Marshall Mathers LP" sound. The production is solid, but it seems he's using the same sort of sounds he used back in the day. Not really an upgrade. Lyrically, its more of the braggadocios Hopsin that is being done. "I've done this, I've dropped that, kids love me, blah blah blah blah". The two previous snippets before of this, more of the same - kind of like Hop Madness. It sounds like Hopsin is reaching for stuff to write about and it isn't exactly working.

I think, due to the hype and Hopsin's lack of creativity at this point, the album can't live up to expectations. Not only that, but Hopsin's image has gotten progressively more corny and contradictory at the same time. Most of his fans won't see that, but if you pay attention and don't ride his dick - you'll notice it.

So Hopsin is just buying time until something good pops in his head of what to write about, or at least that's my theory. That or he's letting his fame ride out because he "doesn't want to be famous".

10 Re: What the fuck is Hopsin doing? on 29/4/2013, 10:25 pm

STRANGEgenius

IdioticFans wrote:With Hopsin, its an interesting predicament. Knock Madness, according to the video snippets, isn't sounding that impressive. Judging by the bass guitar, he's going for an Eminem "Marshall Mathers LP" sound. The production is solid, but it seems he's using the same sort of sounds he used back in the day. Not really an upgrade. Lyrically, its more of the braggadocios Hopsin that is being done. "I've done this, I've dropped that, kids love me, blah blah blah blah". The two previous snippets before of this, more of the same - kind of like Hop Madness. It sounds like Hopsin is reaching for stuff to write about and it isn't exactly working.

I think, due to the hype and Hopsin's lack of creativity at this point, the album can't live up to expectations. Not only that, but Hopsin's image has gotten progressively more corny and contradictory at the same time. Most of his fans won't see that, but if you pay attention and don't ride his dick - you'll notice it.

So Hopsin is just buying time until something good pops in his head of what to write about, or at least that's my theory. That or he's letting his fame ride out because he "doesn't want to be famous".

lol'd.

11 Re: What the fuck is Hopsin doing? on 30/4/2013, 7:05 am

King

Registered Member
IdioticFans wrote:

Do you dislike Hopsin or do you like him?

12 Re: What the fuck is Hopsin doing? on 30/4/2013, 8:16 am

IdioticFans

Banned Member

I like his older stuff, but I call a spade a spade and expect progress out of an artist especially if it has taken them nearly three years to put together an album. If I was like half of the forum, I'd be dick riding and saying that shit he played on the new video was "hot fiyah" like Dylan. However, in reality, its only lukewarm, in my personal opinion.

I believe you don't have to be a huge super fan or stan of Hopsin to be a poster on this forum. You have to enjoy some of his efforts, not all, which is a category I fall into. I'd rather be a critic who can read between the lines than an annoyingly blinded fan who dickrides into oblivion then complains about Hopsin when he drops nothing then goes back to riding his dick when he drops a new clip of something half baked. So, I am a Hopsin fan but again, I call a spade a spade and nothing I've heard so far has made me in the least bit excited for Knock Madness.

13 Re: What the fuck is Hopsin doing? on 30/4/2013, 8:22 am

IdioticFans

Banned Member

First song, to me, sounds like a rehashing of Hop Madness - braggadocios lyrics referencing his success. Second song, sounds like a rehashing of Hot 16's with PropellerHead Reason sounds instead of his usual stock Fruity Loop sounds. Third song, couldn't tell you. Again, in my own personal opinion which I am entitled to without repetitive and redundant questioning, Hopsin has nothing spectacular or hair raising to offer us with this next project. So question, King, what lyric or beat that you heard from the recent video doesn't sound like something we've heard from Hopsin before?

14 Re: What the fuck is Hopsin doing? on 30/4/2013, 9:31 am

Essence

Registered Member
Is IdioticFans someone who knows Hopsin?

15 Re: What the fuck is Hopsin doing? on 30/4/2013, 10:41 am

Spanky

Registered Member
IdioticFans wrote:I like his older stuff, but I call a spade a spade and expect progress out of an artist especially if it has taken them nearly three years to put together an album. If I was like half of the forum, I'd be dick riding and saying that shit he played on the new video was "hot fiyah" like Dylan. However, in reality, its only lukewarm, in my personal opinion.

I believe you don't have to be a huge super fan or stan of Hopsin to be a poster on this forum. You have to enjoy some of his efforts, not all, which is a category I fall into. I'd rather be a critic who can read between the lines than an annoyingly blinded fan who dickrides into oblivion then complains about Hopsin when he drops nothing then goes back to riding his dick when he drops a new clip of something half baked. So, I am a Hopsin fan but again, I call a spade a spade and nothing I've heard so far has made me in the least bit excited for Knock Madness.
You are one of those new people on the forum who doesnt sound like a complete dumbass

16 Re: What the fuck is Hopsin doing? on 30/4/2013, 10:44 am

fxtdiilz

Registered Member
IdioticFans wrote:First song, to me, sounds like a rehashing of Hop Madness - braggadocios lyrics referencing his success. Second song, sounds like a rehashing of Hot 16's with PropellerHead Reason sounds instead of his usual stock Fruity Loop sounds. Third song, couldn't tell you. Again, in my own personal opinion which I am entitled to without repetitive and redundant questioning, Hopsin has nothing spectacular or hair raising to offer us with this next project. So question, King, what lyric or beat that you heard from the recent video doesn't sound like something we've heard from Hopsin before?

you use the same type of words as perfect stranger.. big ones lol

17 Re: What the fuck is Hopsin doing? on 30/4/2013, 11:10 am

Coolguy 127

Registered Member
fxtdiilz wrote:you use the same type of words as perfect stranger.. big ones lol

Did you fail English class? Biggie

18 Re: What the fuck is Hopsin doing? on 30/4/2013, 11:58 am

Registered Member
Essence wrote:Is IdioticFans someone who knows Hopsin?

Seems like Tanner, trying to come back with a different image tbh.

19 Re: What the fuck is Hopsin doing? on 30/4/2013, 12:08 pm

Hip-Hopsin'

Registered Member
I stopped caring 8 months ago.
So many other better artists who put out better stuff, if he can come out with some new stuff (which probably won't happen for at least until June) then I'll start paying more attention to him. Something tells me he's waiting for Em's album to drop until he releases something....

20 Re: What the fuck is Hopsin doing? on 30/4/2013, 12:19 pm

Essence

Registered Member
HopNation wrote:
Essence wrote:Is IdioticFans someone who knows Hopsin?

Seems like Tanner, trying to come back with a different image tbh.
Yep, he also sounds like Katz.

21 Re: What the fuck is Hopsin doing? on 30/4/2013, 7:00 pm

IdioticFans

Banned Member

Let's not derail the topic here. Do any of you want to answer the question I posed to King?

22 Re: What the fuck is Hopsin doing? on 30/4/2013, 9:49 pm

semaj116

Registered Member
fxtdiilz wrote:
IdioticFans wrote:First song, to me, sounds like a rehashing of Hop Madness - braggadocios lyrics referencing his success. Second song, sounds like a rehashing of Hot 16's with PropellerHead Reason sounds instead of his usual stock Fruity Loop sounds. Third song, couldn't tell you. Again, in my own personal opinion which I am entitled to without repetitive and redundant questioning, Hopsin has nothing spectacular or hair raising to offer us with this next project. So question, King, what lyric or beat that you heard from the recent video doesn't sound like something we've heard from Hopsin before?

you use the same type of words as perfect stranger.. big ones lol

maybe you're just an idiot. Also IdiotFans to answer your question the second beat sounds nothing like Hops made before, other one is meh.

Last edited by semaj116 on 30/4/2013, 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

23 Re: What the fuck is Hopsin doing? on 30/4/2013, 10:27 pm

STRANGEgenius

Hip-Hopsin' wrote:I stopped caring 8 months ago.
So many other better artists who put out better stuff, if he can come out with some new stuff (which probably won't happen for at least until June) then I'll start paying more attention to him.

24 Re: What the fuck is Hopsin doing? on 1/5/2013, 7:05 am

King

Registered Member

I did not hear enough to make any judgment whatsoever as far as lyrics, the beats sound like they were made by Hopsin obviously but they have a distinct feel to them, especially the second one. I can't predict if the songs will be good or bad, I can only judge by what I'm listening to and so far this seems promising, yet again I am not pessimistic about music in general.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum