Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MAINSTER 40
Registered Member

Rap Contest Scam Empty Rap Contest Scam

Sun 17 Feb 2013 - 23:26
I have been listening to these entries from this year and I remember the ones from last year too. I would say 80-90% of the entries are absolute trash. Funk Volume is getting so much exposure from these terrible "rappers" that to me is kind of comical. And each beat being 7 dollars per person to enter, Dame is a god damn genius just scavenging money of of these poor bastards. Amen to that nigga, straight hustler if you ask me hahahahaha!!!!
Katz Inf Gang
Katz Inf Gang
Registered Member
http://www.infgang.com

Rap Contest Scam Empty Re: Rap Contest Scam

Mon 18 Feb 2013 - 0:10
Scam?

Just because thousands of people have a false sense of reality that doesn't make the contest a scam.

but Dame is a smart business man and he's a big reason why Hopsin has the fanbase that he does.
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Mon 18 Feb 2013 - 0:12
all the shit entries should pay 100$ to enter.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Mon 18 Feb 2013 - 0:21
Katz Inf Gang wrote:Scam?

Just because thousands of people have a false sense of reality that doesn't make the contest a scam.

but Dame is a smart business man and he's a big reason why Hopsin has the fanbase that he does.

The only reason Hopsin has the fanbase that he does is because he makes really dope music. Hop having thousands of fans has nothing to do with Dame. Any person with business experience could do what Dame does. Very few people, however, can do what Hopsin does at such a high level.

With that being said, I don't see anything wrong with FV charging for the beats. They're not forcing anyone to enter the contest and it benefits both parties equally so I don't see anything wrong with it.

King
King
Registered Member

Mon 18 Feb 2013 - 1:02
I don't see the difference between this and paying for a beat to make a song, except that you have a chance of winning 500 - 2,500 bucks and gaining views from FV fans.

Katz Inf Gang
Katz Inf Gang
Registered Member
http://www.infgang.com

Mon 18 Feb 2013 - 4:13
Buddie wrote:
Katz Inf Gang wrote:Scam?

The only reason Hopsin has the fanbase that he does is because he makes really dope music. Hop having thousands of fans has nothing to do with Dame. Any person with business experience could do what Dame does. Very few people, however, can do what Hopsin does at such a high level.

With that being said, I don't see anything wrong with FV charging for the beats. They're not forcing anyone to enter the contest and it benefits both parties equally so I don't see anything wrong with it.

I never claimed that Dame was unique, but if Hop didn't have him then there's a good chance that most people would have never heard of him. I could list the reasons why but it's really not necessary.

I second the $100 fee. Maybe next year they will up it.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum