Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tech N9ne - Something Else [ALBUM DISCUSSION]

+32
BeAn
Lynch By Inch
Hunter
hopsintupac
semaj116
RECK
SdoubleT
fxtdiilz
mickydz420
Coolguy 127
Katz Inf Gang
Spanky
Essence
TheAuthenticDoc
AlwaysRaw
Trimss
Jeet
41OMaXiMuS
Perfect Stranger
CHA53
downer59k
Nidac_7
liftthat
King
Mark us
Frankie
iSigh
Buddie
Grandmaster
Chokey
STRANGEgenius
36 posters
Go down
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/410maximus

Tech N9ne - Something Else [ALBUM DISCUSSION] - Page 23 Empty Re: Tech N9ne - Something Else [ALBUM DISCUSSION]

Fri 9 Aug 2013 - 18:03
Katz Inf Gang wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:
Katz Inf Gang wrote:
Frankie wrote:
Katz Inf Gang wrote: What about it doesn't sound like "Something Else" in your opinion? Songs like "Fragile" and "Straight Out The Gate" are pretty unique in the hip hop world.
Oh okay, I really do have to mash this into baby food for you. Don't worry, I got you. Other 10 

Yes, those two songs were indeed something else (dunno about unique but that's your opinion lmao), but it wasn't the something else I was expecting / wanting from Tech for this album. So many ways he could have went about this album and it was just filled with collabs that I couldn't give two shits about if I'm going to be honest here. Nice.

Fragile, to me, is just a forgettable song. Not a bad song by any means, but not my kind of song from Tech. This kind of stuff, his recent work, I think I'm just slowly moving away from it more and more. Really not feeling a good amount of it... and hey - that's okay, I guess. I'm not going to sit here and bash on the album.

In short: The fans did get something else from him. And, me being a fan, it wasn't the something else I was hoping for. Holy shit. Didn't expect I'd have to post this much about such a weak album... I try my best to keep it short or avoid that stuff. All good, though. Thumbs Up

_____

Edit:

Anthony Fantano review of the album. I don't have time to watch the video right now though.
I've never seen someone talk so much about an album without giving any kind of reasoning other than "it's not what i like" lol. You stated that long ago, pal.

I just find it odd that All 6's & 7's, Killer, Everready, etc had SO many filler songs with ZERO meaning but people don't talk down on them as much just because they don't have a ton of mainstream features.

Something Else is filled with substance that most rappers would never touch on, yet the fans can do nothing but cry about how bad the features are.
Rapping about the copyright process for a mixed drink is not substance, it's lack of creativity. Rapping about bitches is not substance, it's repetative drivle. It's almost as if Tech releases new albums as an excuse to ft. more artists. He's got so many artists on Something Else that it mine was well be considered the new NOW! CD. His main focus is building up his hip hop resume at this point. As a fan of Tech who owns most of his albums, I wish he would step back for a bit and comtemplate how he can make a CLASSIC album, not just ANOTHER album. The dude has MAD talent, he's just not using it right IMO.
He used to rap about bitches way more than he did on this album.

Kanye Shrug
 But this is supposed to be "Something Else", remember?
Katz Inf Gang
Katz Inf Gang
Registered Member
http://www.infgang.com

Tech N9ne - Something Else [ALBUM DISCUSSION] - Page 23 Empty Re: Tech N9ne - Something Else [ALBUM DISCUSSION]

Fri 9 Aug 2013 - 18:04
STRANGEgenius wrote:i think Killer had no fillers.
Get The Fuck Outta Here
Poisonous
Drill Team
Beat You Up
Let's Go
Seven Words
Enjoy

Plus 5 skits. 

Killer could have easily been 1 disc.
Katz Inf Gang
Katz Inf Gang
Registered Member

Fri 9 Aug 2013 - 18:07
41OMaXiMuS wrote: But this is supposed to be "Something Else", remember?
Which is why bitches aren't a main focus on this album lol.

Expecting someone as sex crazed as tech n9ne to completely stop rapping about women is unrealistic. Which is why i always assume there will be songs like "Fuck Food", "The Waitress" and "My Wife, My Bitch, My Girl"
hupsun
Registered Member

Fri 9 Aug 2013 - 18:11
Katz Inf Gang wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote: But this is supposed to be "Something Else", remember?
Which is why bitches aren't a main focus on this album lol.

Expecting someone as sex crazed as tech n9ne to completely stop rapping about women is unrealistic. Which is why i always assume there will be songs like "Fuck Food", "The Waitress" and "My Wife, My Bitch, My Girl"
 Tech N9ne - Something Else [ALBUM DISCUSSION] - Page 23 ONNzMti
Katz Inf Gang
Katz Inf Gang
Registered Member

Fri 9 Aug 2013 - 18:49
Bottom Bitch wrote: Tech N9ne - Something Else [ALBUM DISCUSSION] - Page 23 ONNzMti
Tech N9ne - Something Else [ALBUM DISCUSSION] - Page 23 Dexter-morgan-1574
Mark us
Mark us
Registered Member

Fri 9 Aug 2013 - 18:57
Katz Inf Gang wrote:
Bottom Bitch wrote: Tech N9ne - Something Else [ALBUM DISCUSSION] - Page 23 ONNzMti
Tech N9ne - Something Else [ALBUM DISCUSSION] - Page 23 Dexter-morgan-1574
Why Tech didn't feature Dexter on Something Else?! I bet he would murder everyone on a track dude.
Spanky
Spanky
Registered Member

Fri 9 Aug 2013 - 19:12
STRANGEgenius wrote:i think Killer, Everready, Sickology 101 [more of a party album], K.O.D. and Killer had no fillers.

He just doesn't have that touch with those "recent" albums.

I mean songs like Like Yeah, Too Much, Midwest Choppers 2, most songs from those albums shit all over fucking Something Else, and it does have some gems but the songs are actually complete different to those albums, which is great; but not much of a SOMETHING ELSE.

This album had way too many collabos IMO, and needed more of a rock sound to be 'Something Else'.

I want a full rap fucking album, with barely any features apart from maybe a couple and some Strange features; but don't over do it.

Also, he needed more Krizz for these hooks; because most of the features weren't so good [the chick on Believe killed it, though] Hopefully Special Effects goes back to the Killer routes. Because that shit goes hard as fuck [since when he recordered it it was suppose to be his final album]

Tech needs to take a vacation, hook up with Se7en and release a full rap album. Leave the rock stuff to KABOSH.
You say all those other albums shit on Something Else, and most of the features suck and it should have been a rock album and it would have been better... yet you gave it 4/5 stars
Tech N9ne - Something Else [ALBUM DISCUSSION] - Page 23 NPlqr1ktRjKPBHJJXz1X+Screenshot_87
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Fri 9 Aug 2013 - 22:32
Spanky wrote:
STRANGEgenius wrote:i think Killer, Everready, Sickology 101 [more of a party album], K.O.D. and Killer had no fillers.

He just doesn't have that touch with those "recent" albums.

I mean songs like Like Yeah, Too Much, Midwest Choppers 2, most songs from those albums shit all over fucking Something Else, and it does have some gems but the songs are actually complete different to those albums, which is great; but not much of a SOMETHING ELSE.

This album had way too many collabos IMO, and needed more of a rock sound to be 'Something Else'.

I want a full rap fucking album, with barely any features apart from maybe a couple and some Strange features; but don't over do it.

Also, he needed more Krizz for these hooks; because most of the features weren't so good [the chick on Believe killed it, though] Hopefully Special Effects goes back to the Killer routes. Because that shit goes hard as fuck [since when he recordered it it was suppose to be his final album]

Tech needs to take a vacation, hook up with Se7en and release a full rap album. Leave the rock stuff to KABOSH.
You say all those other albums shit on Something Else, and most of the features suck and it should have been a rock album and it would have been better... yet you gave it 4/5 stars
Tech N9ne - Something Else [ALBUM DISCUSSION] - Page 23 NPlqr1ktRjKPBHJJXz1X+Screenshot_87
 Yeah, and? After multiple listens i'm changing that rating.

First listen it sounds good, and then it gets worse.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Fri 9 Aug 2013 - 23:31
^Yeah I agree, I reviewed the album way too early. Shouldn't have given it such a high rating. The replay value isn't very good.
hupsun
Registered Member

Fri 9 Aug 2013 - 23:33
Look guys my flip flops have sand in them I better wear my tennis shoes
King
King
Registered Member

Fri 9 Aug 2013 - 23:35
Strange actually rates all tech albums 10/10 but says otherwise.
Dizzy
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Sat 10 Aug 2013 - 3:18
King wrote:Strange actually rates all tech albums 10/10 but says otherwise.
Dizzy
kaliko > MJ
Hunter
Hunter
Registered Member

Fri 16 Aug 2013 - 5:11
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Tue 20 Aug 2013 - 23:38
Tech N9ne - Something Else [ALBUM DISCUSSION] - Page 23 1175486_10151539562696607_427255126_n

only for VIP packages. fuck off faggots! SM my dick.
Hunter
Hunter
Registered Member

Wed 21 Aug 2013 - 0:16
iSigh wrote:I hope it isn't feature heavy
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum