Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Reasons People Don't Like Jarren Benton

+10
King
Buddie
StuFace
DGCK
Nidac_7
Chokey
anthonyFv
Jeet
adeem
Perfect Stranger
14 posters
Go down
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

The Reasons People Don't Like Jarren Benton Empty The Reasons People Don't Like Jarren Benton

Fri 26 Oct 2012 - 6:47
Well cunts, Y U Hate dis fool?

My main reason for not enjoying his music as much is because most his production is awful, the dude can spit some nice lyrics, and we he gets a decent beat, he rips it (i.e Skitzo, TeamBackPack FV Cypher Part II), but his production is so unpleasant to listen to sometimes, that I deters me from his music.

Hopsin should produce his shit tbh.
Yes, some of his lyrics can be average but he has some great songs to, I like his comedic/Horrorcore side, he realize has potential to make that something dope!

I notice Jarren gets a lot of hate on here, what are your reasons?
adeem
adeem
Registered Member

The Reasons People Don't Like Jarren Benton Empty Re: The Reasons People Don't Like Jarren Benton

Fri 26 Oct 2012 - 12:08
All his beats sound the same and he doesn't really ever switch up his flow, so his songs get boring quick.
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

The Reasons People Don't Like Jarren Benton Empty Re: The Reasons People Don't Like Jarren Benton

Fri 26 Oct 2012 - 12:23
I seriously don't think he ripped skitzo, it was average at best imo.
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Fri 26 Oct 2012 - 12:27
I like him but i understand why others mite not
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Fri 26 Oct 2012 - 12:47
Same flows and beats every single time. It was dope in the "Cant trust em REMIX" but it's just the same and the same and the same. And when he doesn't catch either the good flow of beat he becomes annoying.
Nidac_7
Nidac_7
Registered Member
https://twitter.com/Nidac_7

Fri 26 Oct 2012 - 13:57
anthonyFv wrote:I like him but i understand why others mite not
DGCK
DGCK
Registered Member

Fri 26 Oct 2012 - 14:19
An official thread for Haters
adeem
adeem
Registered Member

Fri 26 Oct 2012 - 15:47
Chokey wrote:Same flows and beats every single time. It was dope in the "Cant trust em REMIX" but it's just the same and the same and the same. And when he doesn't catch either the good flow of beat he becomes annoying.

Glad you repeated what I said, that was really necessary! Dizzy
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Sat 27 Oct 2012 - 9:34
DGCK wrote:An official thread for Haters

My intention wasn't to make a hate thread, because I enjoy some of his music.
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Sat 27 Oct 2012 - 9:35
Jeet wrote:I seriously don't think he ripped skitzo, it was average at best imo.

By Jarren Benton standards he did, like has he produced any material on par with that so far?
Also, it had some meeeaaan punchlines.
StuFace
Registered Member
http://rapgenius.com/Stuart

Sat 27 Oct 2012 - 17:00
Jarren is dope and very lyrical at times. Other times he makes stupid shit like "Shut Up Bitch" for example. Sounds like something Chief Keef or some whack rapper would do. He has a lot of potential though, and once he does stuff with better production, he will get better.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Sat 27 Oct 2012 - 17:15
I used to like Jarren, but his flow gets boring after a while and the production value of his music is the Achilles heal of his music
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Sat 27 Oct 2012 - 22:03
Buddie wrote:I used to like Jarren, but his flow gets boring after a while and the production value of his music is the Achilles heal of his music
*heel
King
King
Registered Member

Sat 27 Oct 2012 - 22:09
Jeet wrote:
Buddie wrote:I used to like Jarren, but his flow gets boring after a while and the production value of his music is the Achilles heal of his music
*heel

The Reasons People Don't Like Jarren Benton Heel-pain-spur
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Sat 27 Oct 2012 - 22:50
Don't NOT like him but I'm not like a HUGE fan.
Like if he puts out something new I'll probably listen, not be too excited, but still not hate.
I don't expect TOO much from him
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Sat 27 Oct 2012 - 23:46
Jeet wrote:I seriously don't think he ripped skitzo, it was average at best imo.

*"Skitzo,"

Thumbs Up
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Sun 28 Oct 2012 - 1:13
adeem wrote:
Chokey wrote:Same flows and beats every single time. It was dope in the "Cant trust em REMIX" but it's just the same and the same and the same. And when he doesn't catch either the good flow of beat he becomes annoying.

Glad you repeated what I said, that was really necessary! Dizzy
Cause I cannot reply my opinion if somebody else has already wrote it Eminem
King
King
Registered Member

Sun 28 Oct 2012 - 1:41
Buddie wrote:

*"Skitzo,"

Thumbs Up

Thumbs Up tbh.
Essence
Essence
Registered Member

Sun 28 Oct 2012 - 3:01
Jarren Benton reminds me of Eminem in some ways. Jarren's good songs sound like Em's new shit and his craziness reminds me of Slim Shady.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Sun 28 Oct 2012 - 3:17
King wrote:
Buddie wrote:

*"Skitzo,"

Thumbs Up

Thumbs Up tbh.
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Sun 28 Oct 2012 - 4:51
Emblem wrote:Jarren Benton reminds me of Eminem in some ways. Jarren's good songs sound like Em's new shit and his craziness reminds me of Slim Shady.

I agree.
Everyone on Funk Volume has a little Shady influence in them, tbh.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Sun 28 Oct 2012 - 7:08
Perfect Stranger wrote:
Emblem wrote:Jarren Benton reminds me of Eminem in some ways. Jarren's good songs sound like Em's new shit and his craziness reminds me of Slim Shady.

I agree.

i don't think Dizzy does.
King
King
Registered Member

Sun 28 Oct 2012 - 8:06
Perfect Stranger wrote:

I agree.

If anything Hopsin might influence him a tiny bit since they are always performing together but not shady..
MaleficForm
MaleficForm
Registered Member
http://MaleficForm.tk

Sun 28 Oct 2012 - 16:06
When he has a good track, I like it a lot. But as others have said, he usually has a bland choice of beats on his mixtapes, which really spoils his music for me at times. If he rapped over more beats like the beat on Skitzo (or anything that doesn't have a "trap" beat), then he would hold my interest for much longer.

He's still pretty dope in my book. He needs to rap over some Hopsin beats for sure.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum