Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

My thoughts on Recovery and current Eminem Empty My thoughts on Recovery and current Eminem

Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 22:09
Recovery had some great songs, but it just didn't feel like an Eminem album to me. It also didn't sound like an album to me. It sounded more like a mixtape. The production on the album was the worst out of any album he has to offer (Not counting Infinite). The only thing that was really good about the album was the content. It was a lot better than Relapse's. However, Relapse had better production and overall lyrics IMO. Recovery just sounded too mainstream for my liking. I also can't stand when he uses the yelling voice and those terrible punchlines.

He then released the EP, Bad Meets Evil: Hell The Sequal. I didn't like the album at all. There were really only 3 good songs on it IMO (Welcome 2 Hell, The Reunion, and Take From Me). The rest weren't very good. But out of the whole EP, there wasn't a song that I could say "Damn that was fucking good!" on the album like I used to back in the old days. They were good songs, but not great.

Present day Eminem (2011-2012) is at an all time low IMO. He hasn't really had any great verses on any songs that he has featured on and he is basically talking about the same thing on every track. Recent features like Asylum give me hope, but then he released Throw That with it, so I really don't know what to expect with him. I have faith, however, that he will have a lot to talk about in his next album and that it will be better than his past three albums and possibly as good as his first three.

What are your thoughts on Recovery, the Bad Meets Evil EP, and his current state? Do you feel the same way as I do or not? Please discuss!

Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

My thoughts on Recovery and current Eminem Empty Re: My thoughts on Recovery and current Eminem

Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 22:17
He's fallen off. Of course we can all hope he'll make a comeback, but I don't think anyone in hip hop has pulled that off apart from nas (Stillmatic) or canibus (Rip the Jacker) and that was still early in their careers.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
King
King
Registered Member

My thoughts on Recovery and current Eminem Empty Re: My thoughts on Recovery and current Eminem

Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 22:19
He tends to change his style every album so maybe things will start to look different, I read somewhere that his manager was looking for old school shady like beats to get co produced by eminem or something a long those lines.. so he might "attempt" to go in that direction again.

Spoiler:
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 22:26
King wrote:He tends to change his style every album so maybe things will start to look different, I read somewhere that his manager was looking for old school shady like beats to get co produced by eminem or something a long those lines.. so he might "attempt" to go in that direction again.

Spoiler:

I really hope so! I'm confident that the album will be great, but there will always be those current terrible features in the back of my mind that he has done over the past two years or so.

I'm not gonna lie, Throw That is catchy as fuck but it's still a bad song and it's not the type of music I want Em to be making. Throw It Up, Richard, and Throw That were all songs about dicks lol. Throw That is the best out of the three, but that's not saying much.

The bridge on Throw That was great though

"Throw dat dick"
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 22:31
It's impossible to stay at the top in your whole career. Eminem has done everything he should and now is just for the money. He's daughter is nearly my age? Wtf! He can't acting like a kid when his daughter is about to hit the 20's. A little akward if daddy is dating her bff, right? He needs to do shit right in his life and that's why we dont see the slim shady. And no matter what you stan's say Em deserves this.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 22:34
Chokey wrote:It's impossible to stay at the top in your whole career. Eminem has done everything he should and now is just for the money. He's daughter is nearly my age? Wtf! He can't acting like a kid when his daughter is about to hit the 20's. A little akward if daddy is dating her bff, right? He needs to do shit right in his life and that's why we dont see the slim shady. And no matter what you stan's say Em deserves this.

He does deserve this and I am just happy that he is still making music. But the music he is releasing is just not up to par with his old music. I remember Hop saying in an interview somewhere that he thought that Eminem isn't nearly as good as he used to be.
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 22:47
Buddie wrote:
Chokey wrote:It's impossible to stay at the top in your whole career. Eminem has done everything he should and now is just for the money. He's daughter is nearly my age? Wtf! He can't acting like a kid when his daughter is about to hit the 20's. A little akward if daddy is dating her bff, right? He needs to do shit right in his life and that's why we dont see the slim shady. And no matter what you stan's say Em deserves this.

He does deserve this and I am just happy that he is still making music. But the music he is releasing is just not up to par with his old music. I remember Hop saying in an interview somewhere that he thought that Eminem isn't nearly as good as he used to be.
Well we all know that. Em has lost the rawness. And it's natural that he can't keep doing young people stuff. Only Snoop Dogg could cause he was young wild and free untill the lion took him.
King
King
Registered Member

Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 22:49
Just because Eminem has already permanently cemented himself as a legend and GOAT, doesn't mean he can't still make dope music.

Eminem already has a load of success, he has the power to make a dope ass album that usually wouldn't go mainstream go triple platinum in a heartbeat.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 22:53
King wrote:Just because Eminem has already permanently cemented himself as a legend and GOAT, doesn't mean he can't still make dope music.

Eminem already has a load of success, he has the power to make a dope ass album that usually wouldn't go mainstream go triple platinum in a heartbeat.

This
Nidac_7
Nidac_7
Registered Member
https://twitter.com/Nidac_7

Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 0:01
Every time i hear someone mention eminem yelling i think of the songs Kim and The Way I Am.
I like Recovery and Relapse and think Encore is his worst album. I honestly think if eminem kept the same style from his early days that people would be criticizing him for not changing. I like the current eminem.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 0:03
Nidac_7 wrote:Every time i hear someone mention eminem yelling i think of the songs Kim and The Way I Am.
I like Recovery and Relapse and think Encore is his worst album. I honestly think if eminem kept the same style from his early days that people would be criticizing him for not changing. I like the current eminem.

I like the current Eminem too, but I'd take one of the worst songs on MMLP over one of the best songs on Recovery any day
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 2:42
Recovery sucks dick and so does Relapse.

IMO
FactoryOfEmbers
FactoryOfEmbers
Registered Member

Wed 19 Sep 2012 - 16:04
Recovery is my favourite Eminem album ( yes, i've discussed this with people, i know i'm an idiot for it ;) )
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Wed 19 Sep 2012 - 20:39
FactoryOfEmbers wrote:Recovery is my favourite Eminem album ( yes, i've discussed this with people, i know i'm an idiot for it ;) )

My thoughts on Recovery and current Eminem Emwhoa
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/410maximus

Wed 19 Sep 2012 - 20:40
FactoryOfEmbers wrote:Recovery is my favourite Eminem album ( yes, i've discussed this with people, i know i'm an idiot for it ;) )

SwizZz 1
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Thu 20 Sep 2012 - 7:25

Without the accents it would of been in my top 5 Hopsin 2
Grandmaster
Grandmaster
Registered Member
https://twitter.com/JustAUserHandle

Thu 20 Sep 2012 - 9:01
When I first heard Recovery, I cried at how bad it was.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Thu 20 Sep 2012 - 20:58
Perfect Stranger wrote:

Please tell me you are trolling haha
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Fri 21 Sep 2012 - 5:57
Buddie wrote:
Perfect Stranger wrote:

Please tell me you are trolling haha

Dizzy
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum