Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
DGCK
DGCK
Registered Member

So I saw FV a couple nights ago... Empty So I saw FV a couple nights ago...

Fri 24 Aug 2012 - 15:47
It was awesome. Our openers mostly sucked except a guy I know, he was the final opening act. They let all locals intro the show and it was in a pretty hood/grimy part of town. There was a large number of juggalos and people I didn't know. I was pretty intoxicated so the whole show is a little blurry. From memory it went like this.

After the openers Jarren and DJ Hoppa came out and absolutely destroyed it. I of course going hard, like I do. Was front and center. He held the mic out to us a few times and stuff. He encourage a mosh pit, we wyled out. He jumped into the crowd and all that jazz, very fun. He definitely had the most hype, he gets mad love here. Preformed all the bangers. Then had a Dizzy feature to end his set.

DJ Hoppa stayed out for the rest of the show.

After his verse on Half Ounce Quarter Pound during Jarren's set, Dizzy and his hype man stayed on stage and put on an amazing performance. He did most of the stuff you'd want to hear, his bangers, the hyped mixtape songs. The set started off mostly chill and slowly phased into an energetic crowd pumper. During the heavy shit he was passed blunts on stage and jumped into the crowd and what not. After Solo Dolo, I believe it was FV2012. Hopsin's first appearance of the night was his first verse on that track. He got everyone very pumped up, after his verse he exited stage and Dizzy continued with the crowd going pretty crazy.

After Hop's Independent Living verse he walked off again and was re-intro'd by Dizzy for a 3rd entrance. He came out with a very clean intro and did Ill Mind 4. It was a good chilling start. After that he preformed mostly all hard hitters. He had someone go up and do SwizZz on How You Like Me Now, which went great, he actually killed it. In the middle of his set or so, he said he was tired and had 4 MC's from the crowd come up. I didn't get to go up, which sucked because I'm sure it would have been fun. They did 8 bar freestyles then had the crowd judge the best. The 2 winners did 2 rounds of 16's and this little white boy actually crushed.

After that DJ Hoppa had a really sick mix he played. He did the scratches and hits. It was really sick. He did some DMX and shit like that. He's the truth when it comes to tables.

The rest of Hop's set was Nocturnal Rainbows and the rest angry and hype stuff. Lastly, we got to see the first ever live performance of Ill Mind 5 which was really dope. I pushed through and got right up from and beckoned him off stage and he got down and started rapping with us. That ended it.

After the show I met them all personally, Jarren shouted me out from across which I thought was cool. We chilled with Dizzy and his boy for a bit. After that we went to the bar with Hoppa and talked about a lot of shit and he threw us some Dizzy Wright x Hoppa - Sticks and Stems mixtapes. They are sick, with some unheard Dizzy and Hoppa songs. I got a hard copy of Free Basing with Kevin Bacon and we got all the stuff signed.

Everyone'd left except Dame and Hop and me and my friend so we chilled and talked to Jamie and Hopsin and bullshitted around with a couple straggling drunks. Hop tattooed a chick with a Super Sayan Goku and then him and I went outside and played a game of skate. It was pretty cool, he actually beat me by a letter I was very surprised. He did steal a few of my tricks right after I'd tried them and I purposely didn't do a couple tricks when he went to set them.

The few of us just chilled outside and talked and stuff. It was really cool getting to know Marcus during skate and after. We talked about how the guys all get along together and just typical stuff. He's seriously funny as hell, we had constant laughs. After all that we exchanged some contact info and then I headed home.

I'll try and post some pics later on.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/410maximus

So I saw FV a couple nights ago... Empty Re: So I saw FV a couple nights ago...

Fri 24 Aug 2012 - 15:52
That's fucking tight bro, I'm jelly... but: "Hop tattooed a chick with a Super Sayan Goku " - Wait, what? Hopsin gave some bitch a tattoo?
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Fri 24 Aug 2012 - 15:52
Sounds like you had a good night!
DGCK
DGCK
Registered Member

Fri 24 Aug 2012 - 15:55
41OMaXiMuS wrote:That's fucking tight bro, I'm jelly... but: "Hop tattooed a chick with a Super Sayan Goku " - Wait, what? Hopsin gave some bitch a tattoo?

LOL. It was permanent marker, I probably should have included that. The girl and her boyfriend almost had a bitch fit when Hopsin wouldn't kiss her. She sounded pretty serious about getting the Goku tatted on her. She's like, "This is going to be my first tattoo, make this a cool one!"
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Fri 24 Aug 2012 - 15:58
DGCK wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:That's fucking tight bro, I'm jelly... but: "Hop tattooed a chick with a Super Sayan Goku " - Wait, what? Hopsin gave some bitch a tattoo?

LOL. It was permanent marker, I probably should have included that. The girl and her boyfriend almost had a bitch fit when Hopsin wouldn't kiss her. She sounded pretty serious about getting the Goku tatted on her. She's like, "This is going to be my first tattoo, make this a cool one!"

Hahaha, wtf man. I definitely wouldn't let Hopsin kiss my gf, that's some stan shit right there. But whatever floats your boat.
DGCK
DGCK
Registered Member

Fri 24 Aug 2012 - 16:11
There was a pretty good amount of seemingly "die hard" Hopsin fans. I secretly may have been the biggest one lol. BTW I recorded a really nice track yesterday, going to finish it on Sunday I'm stoked on it. One of the guys that I went to the show with, he produces and we made some beats. We spent about 6 hours on 'em and they sound nice. You gotta start making your own, they just get you in the zone so much more too. He's going to show me bits and pieces as we record, I already learned so much in a day.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Fri 24 Aug 2012 - 16:18
DGCK wrote:There was a pretty good amount of seemingly "die hard" Hopsin fans. I secretly may have been the biggest one lol. BTW I recorded a really nice track yesterday, going to finish it on Sunday I'm stoked on it. One of the guys that I went to the show with, he produces and we made some beats. We spent about 6 hours on 'em and they sound nice. You gotta start making your own, they just get you in the zone so much more too. He's going to show me bits and pieces as we record, I already learned so much in a day.

My boy Tony Mahoney from youtube just hooked me up with about 12 beats. Oldschool 90's hip-hop type feel to them. Got started about 2 days ago and I already have 5 songs in the works. I'm hoping that after I release this mixtape / EP I'll get the attention of some producers. As much as I'd love to make my own beats, I just don't see it happening. I barely have time to write / record as it is. :(
DGCK
DGCK
Registered Member

Fri 24 Aug 2012 - 16:30
41OMaXiMuS wrote:My boy Tony Mahoney from youtube just hooked me up with about 12 beats. Oldschool 90's hip-hop type feel to them. Got started about 2 days ago and I already have 5 songs in the works. I'm hoping that after I release this mixtape / EP I'll get the attention of some producers. As much as I'd love to make my own beats, I just don't see it happening. I barely have time to write / record as it is. :(

I know exactly where you're at. Then again, you're a lyrical machine. I need more to offer lol. I have been messing with beats for a while now too though. But music is starting to consume every drop of my time. I moved from this horrible traphouse and since then and haven't been partying or anything really. This dude is just ill though so I'm going to be able to step my game up. He gets help from a guy in my city that's worked with signed people and stuff. So I'm jumping in that chain hoping some luck/talent rubs off on me lol.

41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Fri 24 Aug 2012 - 16:43
DGCK wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:My boy Tony Mahoney from youtube just hooked me up with about 12 beats. Oldschool 90's hip-hop type feel to them. Got started about 2 days ago and I already have 5 songs in the works. I'm hoping that after I release this mixtape / EP I'll get the attention of some producers. As much as I'd love to make my own beats, I just don't see it happening. I barely have time to write / record as it is. :(

I know exactly where you're at. Then again, you're a lyrical machine. I need more to offer lol. I have been messing with beats for a while now too though. But music is starting to consume every drop of my time. I moved from this horrible traphouse and since then and haven't been partying or anything really. This dude is just ill though so I'm going to be able to step my game up. He gets help from a guy in my city that's worked with signed people and stuff. So I'm jumping in that chain hoping some luck/talent rubs off on me lol.

Hell yeah man, good shit. Don't sleep on that, take advantage of the opportunity. The only way we can make it to the next level as an artist is to stay active and let our craft evolve. Even when I'm not releasing music, I'm always freestyling and writing songs.
King
King
Registered Member

Fri 24 Aug 2012 - 19:33
haha guys begging hopsin to kiss their girlfriend, I could never do that.
Hop Sadness
Hop Sadness
Registered Member

Sat 25 Aug 2012 - 18:07
DGCK wrote:

Wtf? Who gets mad because someone won't kiss their girl? Earth, I am done for the day.
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Sat 25 Aug 2012 - 18:36
How old was like the youngest guy there?
How old do you gotta be to get into a hop concert??
DGCK
DGCK
Registered Member

Sat 25 Aug 2012 - 19:44
The youngest people were probably 18, I'm pretty sure it was an 18+ thing. It was at a nightclub here.

There could have been people that got in underage, they just drew x's on your hand if you were under 21. The place was filled with people smoking weed and stuff. It was more than likely 18+ considering the bar was open. You shouldn't have a problem though, unless you wanted to drink. You'd have to be over 20 in that case.
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Sat 25 Aug 2012 - 20:57
AlwaysRaw wrote:How old do you gotta be to get into a hop concert??

that depends on the venue
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 17:41
BabySmacker wrote:

You have to be 60+ for most Hopsin concerts

So I saw FV a couple nights ago... Old-people-
Knightmare
Knightmare
Registered Member

Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 18:12
41OMaXiMuS wrote:
BabySmacker wrote:

You have to be 60+ for most Hopsin concerts

So I saw FV a couple nights ago... Old-people-
I gueszs SwizZz just made a guest appearance. And the guy on the right's hearing aid isn't high enough.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Fri 31 Aug 2012 - 15:22
"Why you tryinuh tax me daaawg?" - Dizzy
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum