Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Couple hit $159m lotto jackpot on only their third go Empty Couple hit $159m lotto jackpot on only their third go

Fri 21 Oct 2011 - 21:39
WHAT are the odds of winning the lottery on your third go?

Dave Dawes, a shift supervisor at a food producer, and his partner Angela Dawes, a charity shop volunteer, will at least have the spare cash to hire someone to do the maths for them after winning £101 million ($159 million) in the EuroMillions lottery.

The couple who share the same name but who are not married had only played the game twice before.

They say they will use the winnings to marry and make up to 20 friends and family millionaires.

Mr Dawes, 47, said the couple went into "meltdown" as they watched the draw live on television and realised their numbers had come up.

"It was just mad, I couldn't believe my eyes," he said. "We we were doing several checks that night: the TV, the website... I looked at (Angela) and said 'My god, we're the only ones!'"

The couple had to wait until Monday for their win to be verified, but have already discussed how they will spend some of the money.

"My Mum and Dad live in Portugal so we're going to buy a house over there, we're going to get married next year - Dave already bought me an engagement ring but now we're going to buy a better one," Ms Dawes said.

Her partner, an avid fan of the Chelsea soccer team, said one of his first purchases would be a season ticket for the team.

The couple are also looking to swap their one-bedroom flat for a luxury property close to the club's Stamford Bridge stadium in one of London's most exclusive districts.

The couple said they would also happily give away much of their newfound wealth.

Ms Dawes said the couple have drawn up a list of about 15 to 20 beneficiaries, which includes Mr Dawes' two grown-up sons from a previous relationship and her son from a previous relationship.

She said some of the benefactors had already been told and were "absolutely gobsmacked, amazed and in tears" at the news of their forthcoming windfall.

Read more:
http://www.news.com.au/weird-true-freaky/couple-hit-159m-lotto-jackpot-on-only-their-third-go/story-e6frflri-1226164432610#ixzz1bSG0TzXK
Higher Living
Higher Living
Registered Member

Couple hit $159m lotto jackpot on only their third go Empty Re: Couple hit $159m lotto jackpot on only their third go

Fri 21 Oct 2011 - 22:00
I find it odd they had the same last name...
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Couple hit $159m lotto jackpot on only their third go Empty Re: Couple hit $159m lotto jackpot on only their third go

Sat 22 Oct 2011 - 6:26
Higher Living wrote:I find it odd they had the same last name...

exactly.
GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/Gangu5Kahn?feature=mhee

Sat 22 Oct 2011 - 22:31
You think thats a tight story? Check this...

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum