Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maximus needs feedback

+9
AlwaysRaw
King
Buddie
Fitzyy
STRANGEgenius
DGCK
dukeblue
Hyde
41OMaXiMuS
13 posters
Go down
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/410maximus

Maximus needs feedback Empty Maximus needs feedback

Mon 20 Aug 2012 - 18:07

Most of you have probably already heard this. Do me a favor and give it another listen so it's fresh in your memory.

So, is it too "horrorcore" sounding? Should I make more music like this? Or try to change directions?

I'm having the hardest time deciding what I want to do with my music.

Some people seem to love my funny stuff (Bitches Wanna Suck My Dick), some people like my "horrorcore" shit (Body Bagz), some want me to go back to a more "Hip Hop" style (Dopamean, Head Knock), and others want the heartfelt type shit (Rotation).

What the fuccccck. Should I just start doing whatever the fuck and releasing it? Is it possible to have tracks liek Body Bagz and also heartfelt songs?

Should I just STFU, smoke a blunt, and record a new song?

Seriously though... any honest advice would be appreciated.
Hyde
Hyde
Banned Member

Maximus needs feedback Empty Re: Maximus needs feedback

Mon 20 Aug 2012 - 18:14
41OMaXiMuS wrote:

Most of you have probably already heard this. Do me a favor and give it another listen so it's fresh in your memory.

So, is it too "horrorcore" sounding? Should I make more music like this? Or try to change directions?

Some people seem to love my funny stuff (Bitches Wanna Suck My Dick), some people like my "horrorcore" shit (Body Bagz), some want me to go back to a more "Hip Hop" style (Dopamean, Head Knock), and others want the heartfelt type shit (Rotation).

What the fuccccck. Should I just start doing whatever the fuck and releasing it? Is it possible to have tracks liek Body Bagz and also heartfelt songs?

I personally don't like heartfelt music except in small doses. I would say avoid horrorcore since it's too easy to be labeled a Hopsin wannabe, although horrorcore sounds good. Go for a more classic 2000's hip hop style. If i ever were to rap thats what I would do, Slim Shady, Dr. Dre, Xzibit type shit.
dukeblue
dukeblue
Registered Member

Mon 20 Aug 2012 - 18:29
41OMaXiMuS wrote:

I think it is possible to have tracks like Body Bagz, heartfelt songs, and Hip Hop songs all at the same time. I mean shit you've already done it. But really though I would just sit down bump and instrumental and see what the hell comes out of you, then record it. I think most will agree with me here that they will like whatever you put out. I know I do, although if you must have a clear cut answer I prefer your more hip hop style but really like I said it doesn't matter a whole lot to me it's all dope.
DGCK
DGCK
Registered Member

Mon 20 Aug 2012 - 18:46
Teleport wrote:I personally don't like heartfelt music except in small doses. I would say avoid horrorcore since it's too easy to be labeled a Hopsin wannabe, although horrorcore sounds good. Go for a more classic 2000's hip hop style. If i ever were to rap thats what I would do, Slim Shady, Dr. Dre, Xzibit type shit.

Woah shit, that was surprisingly good feedback especially from Teleport. The real "2000's sound" is definitely my favorite too. I'm about to dig around through your works and listen to what I haven't.

As of now I can say Nice with the Words and Head Knock really stand out. I feel like what dukeblue said is true, you can hit all three angles you like. But I really feel like you shine with a heavy hip-hop sound. I'll give a little more feedback later.
Hyde
Hyde
Banned Member

Mon 20 Aug 2012 - 19:05
DGCK wrote:
Teleport wrote:I personally don't like heartfelt music except in small doses. I would say avoid horrorcore since it's too easy to be labeled a Hopsin wannabe, although horrorcore sounds good. Go for a more classic 2000's hip hop style. If i ever were to rap thats what I would do, Slim Shady, Dr. Dre, Xzibit type shit.

Woah shit, that was surprisingly good feedback especially from Teleport. The real "2000's sound" is definitely my favorite too. I'm about to dig around through your works and listen to what I haven't.

As of now I can say Nice with the Words and Head Knock really stand out. I feel like what dukeblue said is true, you can hit all three angles you like. But I really feel like you shine with a heavy hip-hop sound. I'll give a little more feedback later.

DGCK this is how I usually post. You're one of the people I'm respectfully pissed at. I have about 600 posts of quality feedback, you see some shit from me all ketamine'd up and now im a shit poster. Please look at my posts from a week or so back, even from today, then make an opinion about me. Thanks.

-Teleport
DGCK
DGCK
Registered Member

Mon 20 Aug 2012 - 20:21
OK. If I were to give you some feedback and didn't read your OP in this thread, I would have noted all 3 of the styles you mentioned as strong points. It's obvious you're a funny dude. The twisted, (god forbid it gets labeled this) "horrorcore" style is really well done. I know what it's like to write rhymes like that and then look at them after thinking it was weird or it doesn't suit me. You are really good with it though. Your flow is really fine-tuned, it's strong enough to carry any topic as long as you put it on the right beat. The real raw hip-hop sound remains my favorite. I feel like you are such a REAL mc when I hear you spit over those types of beat. The heartfelt vibe is always nice, just don't over do it. I can't think of any rapper that is nothing but heartfelt tracks and no hype. The lyrical content of Smokey Trails was really nice, it was well balanced and definitely gave a (non-corny) but more importantly, emotional vibe.

Regardless of anyone's opinion, you are definitely far above average and good enough to create whatever sound you want and sell it at that. Maybe this point of view could help you... If I were to show someone your music and get them into you, I'd probably show them The Omen, Dopamean and Body Bagz (choppin up these faggots obviously hahah).

All in all I'd just be worried about getting original beats. Fresh ones that suit you and do whatever comes to mind. Stay well balanced with the shit. You're doing good man.

And Tele, chill. I'm just jabbin at ya. I'm sure you don't have 700 completely worthless posts.

41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Mon 20 Aug 2012 - 20:32
DGCK wrote:OK. If I were to give you some feedback and didn't read your OP in this thread, I would have noted all 3 of the styles you mentioned as strong points. It's obvious you're a funny dude. The twisted, (god forbid it gets labeled this) "horrorcore" style is really well done. I know what it's like to write rhymes like that and then look at them after thinking it was weird or it doesn't suit me. You are really good with it though. Your flow is really fine-tuned, it's strong enough to carry any topic as long as you put it on the right beat. The real raw hip-hop sound remains my favorite. I feel like you are such a REAL mc when I hear you spit over those types of beat. The heartfelt vibe is always nice, just don't over do it. I can't think of any rapper that is nothing but heartfelt tracks and no hype. The lyrical content of Smokey Trails was really nice, it was well balanced and definitely gave a (non-corny) but more importantly, emotional vibe.

Regardless of anyone's opinion, you are definitely far above average and good enough to create whatever sound you want and sell it at that. Maybe this point of view could help you... If I were to show someone your music and get them into you, I'd probably show them The Omen, Dopamean and Body Bagz (choppin up these faggots obviously hahah).

All in all I'd just be worried about getting original beats. Fresh ones that suit you and do whatever comes to mind. Stay well balanced with the shit. You're doing good man.

And Tele, chill. I'm just jabbin at ya. I'm sure you don't have 700 completely worthless posts.

That's exactly what I needed to hear, TBH. Thanks a lot fam. And I've said it 100x before, but it's true - if I had constant access to original beats, I would be a music making monster. I haven't found a really dope producer that believes in me enough to hook me up like that. I have a mental block from recording on mainstream / known beats. I just feel like music should be fresh, and rap is always going to be freshest on a beat you haven't heard before. It also doesn't help that all of my friends IRL are lame as fuck and don't give me any props. And the people that do give me props are older heads that really know hip hop, but they always have some get rich quick scheme they try to pitch me. It's like everytime somebody praises my shit, they have some type of personal gain in mind, which makes me not take them serious. So I've just been writing music for myself and not sharing it with anyone because of all my doubts / lack of support. I guess I just need to stop being an emo faggot and put out some music tho.
DGCK
DGCK
Registered Member

Mon 20 Aug 2012 - 20:56
Word up, no prob. You should learn how to produce or look into it. I've just started because I really see it like this.. If you can produce your own music, rap, and get it out with good quality, then you don't really need anyone else. Everyone you know is probably gonna hate on you behind your back or wont give any props regardless. It might be due to jealousy or even the fact that they just don't take it serious because it's someone they know personally. Either way just do what you feel lol. I'm takin' off work. I've been bumpin your tracks for hours now haha. Peace out.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Mon 20 Aug 2012 - 21:06
you should keep making music like this :D

i really really like this song.
Fitzyy
Fitzyy
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/fitzyybeatz

Mon 20 Aug 2012 - 22:01
I think your flow is dope and shit.. Just think you should maybe go for a unique subject bro instead of the stereotypical hoes and bitches nd shit.

Sounds good but!
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Mon 20 Aug 2012 - 22:30
Fitzyy wrote:I think your flow is dope and shit.. Just think you should maybe go for a unique subject bro instead of the stereotypical hoes and bitches nd shit.

Sounds good but!

LOL... you'd only think that if you've only listened to like two of my songs.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Mon 20 Aug 2012 - 22:32
Teleport wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:

I personally don't like heartfelt music except in small doses. I would say avoid horrorcore since it's too easy to be labeled a Hopsin wannabe, although horrorcore sounds good. Go for a more classic 2000's hip hop style. If i ever were to rap thats what I would do, Slim Shady, Dr. Dre, Xzibit type shit.

I hear you mayn. 90's - 2000 is the best.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Mon 20 Aug 2012 - 22:45
I've heard a few of your songs, but this one suits you the best by far. And you don't have to use original beats all the time. Try using different beats from artists to see what fits you.

Try writing to this beat. I think it would fit you perfectly. Just give it a shot.
Fitzyy
Fitzyy
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/fitzyybeatz

Mon 20 Aug 2012 - 22:49
41OMaXiMuS wrote:
Fitzyy wrote:I think your flow is dope and shit.. Just think you should maybe go for a unique subject bro instead of the stereotypical hoes and bitches nd shit.

Sounds good but!

LOL... you'd only think that if you've only listened to like two of my songs.

I'm not sayin that's all you rap about or anythin? I've listened to most of your songs on YT, just sayin you should maybe try different subjects in your new songs ;)
Hyde
Hyde
Banned Member

Tue 21 Aug 2012 - 0:46
41OMaXiMuS wrote:
Teleport wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:

I hear you mayn. 90's - 2000 is the best.
Agreeed, but imo it's 1997-2004 that were the glory years. I like the late 90's early 2000s best, I love biggie and pac but in all honesty I like The Eminem Show or MMLP better than both those artists greatest works combined.
King
King
Registered Member

Tue 21 Aug 2012 - 1:07
Try to keep it in between more of a "Hip Hop" and "horrorcore" sound but switch it up once in a while.

Try a song like body bagz but throw in some real life shit in the mix or just stuff that people could relate too, doesn't have to be anything too personal all the time but something that makes the listener think "what is he gonna say next?" make your audience know "stuff" about you whether you exaggerate it or not lol.

Eminem- I take little truths and spread them as wide as you can
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Tue 21 Aug 2012 - 2:29
Just do funny songs like bitches want my dick AND songs like horrorcore
Grandmaster
Grandmaster
Registered Member
https://twitter.com/JustAUserHandle

Tue 21 Aug 2012 - 10:47
You want feedback.

CHANGE YOU'RE SIGNATURE IT LOOKS LIKE A 3 YEAR OLD DID IT!
Hyde
Hyde
Banned Member

Tue 21 Aug 2012 - 20:14
King Suicide wrote:You want feedback.

CHANGE YOU'RE SIGNATURE IT LOOKS LIKE A 13 YEAR OLD DID IT!

Fixed it Hopsin 3

jk bro your awesome
King
King
Registered Member

Tue 21 Aug 2012 - 23:31
Teleport wrote:
King Suicide wrote:You want feedback.

CHANGE YOU'RE SIGNATURE IT LOOKS LIKE ICP DID IT!

Fixed it Hopsin 3

thats cold bro.. Hopsin 3

jk bro your awesome[/quote]
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Wed 22 Aug 2012 - 8:09
41OMaXiMuS wrote:

This. Exactly this imho. Just relax, don't stress and just pump out whatever is inspiring you, but pick your rhymes carefully.

"The one thing that goes way back to the beginning is weed. And I got to say it's also the best thing, at least for us. The best thing for making music has really been some good weed. The vibe in 36 chambers was definitely a lot of weed. I don't mean to advocate it, I'm not advising it, but I know that for us, making music, you got to have some good weed in the spot. I think weed has been involved in at least 85 percent of all our music." - The RZA (Wu-Tang Manual)
I sound like I'm telling you to get high but I'm really not lol, just found that interesting.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Wed 22 Aug 2012 - 10:47
you should listen to Jeet, he goes to a selective school !
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Wed 22 Aug 2012 - 13:00
Jeet wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:

This. Exactly this imho. Just relax, don't stress and just pump out whatever is inspiring you, but pick your rhymes carefully.

"The one thing that goes way back to the beginning is weed. And I got to say it's also the best thing, at least for us. The best thing for making music has really been some good weed. The vibe in 36 chambers was definitely a lot of weed. I don't mean to advocate it, I'm not advising it, but I know that for us, making music, you got to have some good weed in the spot. I think weed has been involved in at least 85 percent of all our music." - The RZA (Wu-Tang Manual)
I sound like I'm telling you to get high but I'm really not lol, just found that interesting.

It's true tho. Weed just puts you in the right mindset for making music. All of my best shit ws written in a 1hr period where I was high as fuck.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Wed 22 Aug 2012 - 13:01
Thank you EVERYBODY so far for the great feedback.
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Wed 22 Aug 2012 - 13:20
41OMaXiMuS wrote:Thank you EVERYBODY so far for the great feedback.
Now get in the booth!!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum