Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buddie's Personal Opinion On "Ill Mind Of Hopsin 5"

+8
Jeet
Chokey
Hyde
whufcwesthamunited
GangusKahn
AlwaysRaw
41OMaXiMuS
Buddie
12 posters
Go down
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Buddie's Personal Opinion On "Ill Mind Of Hopsin 5" Empty Buddie's Personal Opinion On "Ill Mind Of Hopsin 5"

Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 17:03
First off, I would like to get this out of the way. The message in this song kind of makes Hopsin a hypocrite for having 3 people on the label with the same traits and attitudes. This is the ONLY reason why I don't like this song.

Now as for the song, it's brilliant and will be remembered as Hopsin's best Ill Mind and one of his best songs to date. I won't say if it is his best song yet because obviously I'm just overwhelmed with the fact that this is the first good Hopsin song in over a year, but I will say this. With a few more listens for couple more weeks, it may be the best Hopsin song ever. As of right now, it is already my favorite song of the year.

As for the beat, it wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible either. It was just kind of in the middle. I don't have any complaints though since it was supposed to be okay, so we could listen to what was being said.

The lyrics in this song are better then Ill Mind of Hopsin 4 in many ways, however, I think the flow in Ill Mind 4 was better (Mainly because he was rapping faster).

As far as Knock Madness goes, I have been told the release date is around Halloween by a few sources (Even a member on here posted something saying it will be released on October 23rd).

I also hope that Knock Madness doesn't have this message in half its songs. I liked this song and everything about it, but it wouldn't be smart to preach to everyone in his major album.

Well that's it, I hope everyone enjoyed The Ill Mind Of Hopsin 5 as much as I did. Thank you

P.S. If every Ill Mind is going to be better then the one previous, imagine what Ill Mind of Hopsin 10 sounds like Hopsin 5
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/410maximus

Buddie's Personal Opinion On "Ill Mind Of Hopsin 5" Empty Re: Buddie's Personal Opinion On "Ill Mind Of Hopsin 5"

Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 17:10
I agree with pretty much everything you just said. The only difference I have is that I actually prefer the flow on this one over Ill Mind 4.

I feel you on the "message on every track" comment man... I don't mind him dropping some knowledge, but he can't go around telling people how to live their lives on every song. That could be his downfall. Hopefully the ILL MIND of Hopsin realizes this and he can find a good balance of fun / message driven tracks.

Last edited by 41OMaXiMuS on Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 17:45; edited 1 time in total
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Buddie's Personal Opinion On "Ill Mind Of Hopsin 5" Empty Re: Buddie's Personal Opinion On "Ill Mind Of Hopsin 5"

Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 17:13
I like Hop Madness more...... HHAHAHAHA i'm just fucking with you.
I agree with PRETTY MUCH everything.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 17:14
AlwaysRaw wrote:I like Hop Madness more...... HHAHAHAHA i'm just fucking with you.

"I like Hop Madness more" - you were so close to getting a 3 day ban before I read the rest. lolol jk... it would have been PERMANENT!!!
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 17:17
41OMaXiMuS wrote:
AlwaysRaw wrote:I like Hop Madness more...... HHAHAHAHA i'm just fucking with you.

"I like Hop Madness more" - you were so close to getting a 3 day ban before I read the rest. lolol jk... it would have been PERMANENT!!!
haha yea, I can't even type it with a straight face Hopsin 3
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 17:39
I now have the best avatar on this forum.

HOPSIN = GOAT
GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/Gangu5Kahn?feature=mhee

Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 17:41
buddie wrote:First off, I would like to get this out of the way. The message in this song kind of makes Hopsin a hypocrite for having 3 people on the label with the same traits and attitudes. This is the ONLY reason why I don't like this song.

Now as for the song, it's brilliant and will be remembered as Hopsin's best Ill Mind and one of his best songs to date. I won't say if it is his best song yet because obviously I'm just overwhelmed with the fact that this is the first good Hopsin song in over a year, but I will say this. With a few more listens for couple more weeks, it may be the best Hopsin song ever. As of right now, it is already my favorite song of the year.

As for the beat, it wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible either. It was just kind of in the middle. I don't have any complaints though since it was supposed to be okay, so we could listen to what was being said.

The lyrics in this song are better then Ill Mind of Hopsin 4 in many ways, however, I think the flow in Ill Mind 4 was better (Mainly because he was rapping faster).

As far as Knock Madness goes, I have been told the release date is around Halloween by a few sources (Even a member on here posted something saying it will be released on October 23rd).

I also hope that Knock Madness doesn't have this message in half its songs. I liked this song and everything about it, but it wouldn't be smart to preach to everyone in his major album.

Well that's it, I hope everyone enjoyed The Ill Mind Of Hopsin 5 as much as I did. Thank you

P.S. If every Ill Mind is going to be better then the one previous, imagine what Ill Mind of Hopsin 10 sounds like Hopsin 5

Does everyone on Interscope have the same message? No...So don't get mad at a rapper who signs people with opposing opinions. Diversity is needed to make a label successful. Besides there is no one out there rapping about the same stuff as Hop...All the other people on the label are just helping him spread his name...What he's doing is genius. His whole goal is to make peoples lives better, and if you don't like how he goes about it then you are most likely just digging too deep into what he says. Not everything is meant to be taken literally, although his message is very clear.
GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member

Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 17:42
41OMaXiMuS wrote:I now have the best avatar on this forum.

HOPSIN = GOAT

Lol thats fuckin awesome
whufcwesthamunited
Registered Member

Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 18:10
41OMaXiMuS wrote:I now have the best avatar on this forum.

HOPSIN = GOAT

ahahahahaahahahahahaa brilliant!
Hyde
Hyde
Banned Member

Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 23:20
I agree with this. Personally, like many others I feel like hopsin fucked himself over a bit when he started recruiting all these random ass motherfuckers that are the collective image of what he hates the most (Excluding Dizzy, he's got a good message on his stuff). That being said, the track itself was fucking amazing. Was flying back to cali today and bumped it the entire 4 hour flight, twas fucking glorious. Ill Mind 4 surfaced him but this shit is gonna make him blow the fuck up.
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 23:56
GangusKahn wrote:
buddie wrote:First off, I would like to get this out of the way. The message in this song kind of makes Hopsin a hypocrite for having 3 people on the label with the same traits and attitudes. This is the ONLY reason why I don't like this song.

Does everyone on Interscope have the same message? No...So don't get mad at a rapper who signs people with opposing opinions. Diversity is needed to make a label successful. Besides there is no one out there rapping about the same stuff as Hop...All the other people on the label are just helping him spread his name...What he's doing is genius. His whole goal is to make peoples lives better, and if you don't like how he goes about it then you are most likely just digging too deep into what he says. Not everything is meant to be taken literally, although his message is very clear.

This is exactly why I made "Other artists on FV" thread! When I made it I was literally thinking about Interscope
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Wed 18 Jul 2012 - 23:57
GangusKahn wrote:

I'm not mad about it, I just think he is being a hypocrite somewhat in this song. And diversity IS needed to make a label successful, but if he's preaching about not smoking weed and things like that then he should have signed rappers who don't do that stuff. Their are plenty of dope rappers out there that don't smoke or get fucked up. And Hopsin's goal to make people's lives better is one of the coolest things about Hop imo. But I do think the people he signed are the same people he's talking about in the song.
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Thu 19 Jul 2012 - 0:00
I wonder if Hop & Dizzy are talk about the weed issues.
GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member

Thu 19 Jul 2012 - 0:37
buddie wrote:
GangusKahn wrote:

I'm not mad about it, I just think he is being a hypocrite somewhat in this song. And diversity IS needed to make a label successful, but if he's preaching about not smoking weed and things like that then he should have signed rappers who don't do that stuff. Their are plenty of dope rappers out there that don't smoke or get fucked up. And Hopsin's goal to make people's lives better is one of the coolest things about Hop imo. But I do think the people he signed are the same people he's talking about in the song.

If you know diversity is needed then how can you not see what he's doing as just smart? Calling him a hypocrite because of what other artists say makes absolutely no sense.
Hyde
Hyde
Banned Member

Thu 19 Jul 2012 - 0:37
Chokey wrote:I wonder if Hop & Dizzy are talk about the weed issues.

Yeah they have a huge rift between them in that aspect. I'm sure they have, just both have their own views on the topic. Personally I see hop as using drugs a lot in his past, he hasn't really talked about it much to my knowledge, and it seems like he almost has a personal vendetta against them.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Thu 19 Jul 2012 - 0:40
Teleport wrote:

Yeah they have a huge rift between them in that aspect. I'm sure they have, just both have their own views on the topic. Personally I see hop as using drugs a lot in his past, he hasn't really talked about it much to my knowledge, and it seems like he almost has a personal vendetta against them.

Hopsin has said multiple times that he has never done drugs or consumed a drop of alcohol. He really never had any close friends to do that kind of stuff with anyway.
Hyde
Hyde
Banned Member

Thu 19 Jul 2012 - 0:42
buddie wrote:
Teleport wrote:

Hopsin has said multiple times that he has never done drugs or consumed a drop of alcohol. He really never had any close friends to do that kind of stuff with anyway.

Good to know, thanks for clearing that up dude. Hopsin 3 Always wondered.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Thu 19 Jul 2012 - 0:50
Teleport wrote:
buddie wrote:
Teleport wrote:

Good to know, thanks for clearing that up dude. Hopsin 3 Always wondered.

No problem man!
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Thu 19 Jul 2012 - 1:24
Rapping faster does NOT mean a better flow lol
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Thu 19 Jul 2012 - 1:28
Jeet wrote:Rapping faster does NOT mean a better flow lol

That's true, but I prefer the way he flowed perfectly with the beat in Ill Mind 4, but that's the ONLY thing I liked more than Ill Mind 5. Ill Mind 5 blew the socks off of every song he's released since RAW.
Hyde
Hyde
Banned Member

Thu 19 Jul 2012 - 1:34
Jeet wrote:Rapping faster does NOT mean a better flow lol

Agreed, but for some reason if someone can pull off a fast paced flow, it sounds much better than if they had the same skill level on a slower one, flow wise that is. An artist who can flow like hopsin can generally will have a raw-er flow on a fast paced song because they can go harder. Beats can fuck this up a lot though, if theres some sort of slow ominous sounding song that hopsin just goes hard as fuck on, that could top Ill Mind 5's flow no problem.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Thu 19 Jul 2012 - 3:07
After literally listening to this song 20-30 times, I will say that it is not my favorite Hopsin song. Where Will I Go along with a few others are still ahead of this. However, this song is the best Ill Mind yet and could possibly be my favorite song of the year.
Hyde
Hyde
Banned Member

Thu 19 Jul 2012 - 3:09
buddie wrote:After literally listening to this song 20-30 times, I will say that it is not my favorite Hopsin song. Where Will I Go along with a few others are still ahead of this. However, this song is the best Ill Mind yet and could possibly be my favorite song of the year.

I've listened to this probably 50 times, on repeat during my 4 hour flight, and I can't really decide right now. I'm still in that stage where if i listen to any other song I just can't get into it so i go back to Ill Mind 5. I'll give it a couple days and then I'll be able to choose, but this looks like it might be #1 or at least #2 at this point
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Thu 19 Jul 2012 - 3:19
It's #1 for me. His rhyme schemes and multis are other-worldly. Better than eminem in his prime
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Thu 19 Jul 2012 - 3:19
Teleport wrote:
buddie wrote:After literally listening to this song 20-30 times, I will say that it is not my favorite Hopsin song. Where Will I Go along with a few others are still ahead of this. However, this song is the best Ill Mind yet and could possibly be my favorite song of the year.

I've listened to this probably 50 times, on repeat during my 4 hour flight, and I can't really decide right now. I'm still in that stage where if i listen to any other song I just can't get into it so i go back to Ill Mind 5. I'll give it a couple days and then I'll be able to choose, but this looks like it might be #1 or at least #2 at this point

I think the main reason most of the fans (Myself included) feel that way right now is because it is the best full song he's released since RAW. But I think once the hype dies down in about a month, we'll be able to truly rate it and place it where we think it should be among the best Hopsin songs. Of course right now everybody's saying it's the best Hopsin song, but I think it would be fair to give it a few more weeks and then if we feel the same way, it should be treated as so. I will say this though, it probably won't be leaving my top 5 anytime soon.

@Jeet I think even Hopsin would disagree with that statement
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum