Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
King
King
Registered Member

Some of Yelawolfs favorite albums Empty Some of Yelawolfs favorite albums

Mon 5 Mar 2012 - 5:53
Michael Jackson, Thriller (1982)
Label: Epic

Yelawolf: “Can’t say enough about Thriller, can’t say enough about Michael Jackson. Who didn’t want to be Michael Jackson? I fully had the red jacket with the zippers. I remember I was in Franklin, Tennessee when I got it. Everybody wanted to be a part of that movement. Michael changed the world. I cant even have a top 25 without having Thriller in there
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eminem, The Marshall Mathers LP (2000)
Label: Interscope/Aftermath

Yelawolf: “With this particular project I think Marshall broadened where people thought he could go. As a songwriter and as an MC he exemplified the difference between the MC and a worldwide voice. He did records on that particular album that pulled you outside of the Slim Shady LP. It took you somewhere else, and I think that’s really hard to do for any MC—to make that bridge. He did it perfectly.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Dre, The Chronic (1992)
Label: Death Row/Interscope/Priority

Yelawolf: “The Chronic was a hip-hop album that influenced every hip-hop head in the world, whether you’re backpacker hip-hop, super underground shit, or whether you was mainstream or this, that, and the third. Dre was able to capture a sound that made you appreciate everything. The Chronic is an album that made everybody want to put on a fucking head-to-toe Dickies suit and some Bo Jackson cross trainers and a Raiders starter hat. It influenced everybody
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beastie Boys, Licensed to Ill (1986)
Label: Def Jam/Columbia

Yelawolf: “‘Paul Revere’ was one of the first records in hip-hop that made me go absolutely bonkers. If you could imagine me listening to Journey or Chicago when mom was smoking weed and then walking outside and throwing in this tape in my boy’s car.

“I was just blown away by it, just being so intrigued by this music and not even knowing that it was hip-hop. I had no definition for it. I just knew it was something about this sound that was crazy to me.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wu-Tang Clan, Enter The Wu-Tang: 36 Chambers (1993)
Label: Loud

Yelawolf: “36 Chambers took over everybody’s life when we were all just a bunch of skate rats in the streets of Nashville to Atlanta. There is nothing in hip-hop ever that felt more hardcore than Wu-Tang Clan. Never.

“Usually you would listen to Slayer or Sepultura to get hyped to go skate. If you want to throw yourself down a 12-stair hand rail, or get ready to jump down a china door, or tre flip down a ten-stair or some shit, you would throw on heavy metal. Wu-Tang was able to capture that energy. It was the first hip-hop group that we had ever heard that captured the darkness, just the illest darkness ever.

Source
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Some of Yelawolfs favorite albums Empty Re: Some of Yelawolfs favorite albums

Mon 5 Mar 2012 - 6:13
never heard the beastie boys album.

but the rest are really good albums.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum