Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
liftthat
liftthat
Registered Member

Sean Price's top 20 favorite albums of all time  Empty Sean Price's top 20 favorite albums of all time

Wed 31 Oct 2012 - 21:44
1. DOC- No One Can Do It Better
2. MJ- Off The Wall
3. Stevie Wonder- Songs In The Key Of Life
4. NWA- Niggaz4Life
5. Ice Cube- Amerikkka’s Most Wanted
6. Ice Cube- Kill At Will
7. ATCQ- Peoples’ Instinctive Travels...
8. ATCQ- Low End Theory
9. De La- 3 Feet & Rising
10. Jungle Brothers- Straight Out The Jungle
11. Black Moon- Enta Da Stage
12. Mary J Blige- Share My World
13. Pete/CL- Mecca & The Soul Brother
14. Main Source- Breaking Atoms
15. KA- Grief Pedigree
16. Roc Marci- Marcberg
17. Random Axe- Random Axe
18. Curtis Mayfield- Short Eyes Soundtrack
19. Redman- Muddy Waters
20. Ghostface- Supreme Clientele

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/editorials/id.1977/title.sean-prices-top-20-favorite-albums-of-all-time
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Sean Price's top 20 favorite albums of all time  Empty Re: Sean Price's top 20 favorite albums of all time

Wed 31 Oct 2012 - 22:01
Not bad
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Sean Price's top 20 favorite albums of all time  Empty Re: Sean Price's top 20 favorite albums of all time

Wed 31 Oct 2012 - 22:50
Jeet wrote:Not bad
But there's only old school albums. It's like only taking new school albums in a top 20. Both new & old school had albums worthy enough to be on a top 20. Not accepting a new/older generation is showing a huge lack of understandment of either newer or elder music, culture and society.
liftthat
liftthat
Registered Member

Wed 31 Oct 2012 - 23:01
Chokey wrote:But there's only old school albums. It's like only taking new school albums in a top 20. Both new & old school had albums worthy enough to be on a top 20. Not accepting a new/older generation is showing a huge lack of understandment of either newer or elder music, culture and society.

About 1/4th of the list is post-90s albums. It really has nothing to do with lack of understanding the newer generation, I'm sure he understands the newer generation but just doesn't like much of what he hears. He's a 40 year old man, this list seems fairly accurate. 90s albums (known as the golden age, for a reason)+ albums he grew up listening to + a handful of newer albums.

He even interviewed Mac Miller recently & likes his music.
Sean Price's top 20 favorite albums of all time  Kanye-shrug5
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Wed 31 Oct 2012 - 23:22
liftthat wrote:
Chokey wrote:But there's only old school albums. It's like only taking new school albums in a top 20. Both new & old school had albums worthy enough to be on a top 20. Not accepting a new/older generation is showing a huge lack of understandment of either newer or elder music, culture and society.

About 1/4th of the list is post-90s albums. It really has nothing to do with lack of understanding the newer generation, I'm sure he understands the newer generation but just doesn't like much of what he hears. He's a 40 year old man, this list seems fairly accurate. 90s albums (known as the golden age, for a reason)+ albums he grew up listening to + a handful of newer albums.

He even interviewed Mac Miller recently & likes his music.
Sean Price's top 20 favorite albums of all time  Kanye-shrug5
There's a big difference from liking music and being a fan of it. I like gangnam style, it's not the same as I want an album with Psy.
So because I am 18 and "I just dont like much of what I hear" from the 1990s(not true I adore it but lets just say I do) does that make it right? I am pissed about people saying that 90's was SO much better than the 2000s. The mainstream fucking sucked in both decades. And they weren't more lyrically gifted - Immortal Technique can beat them all. Eminem had his big blow up in the late 90s/start 00s.
And yes it has to do with lack of understandment: "why is he saying that", "I dont agree with that" etc. The man is 40 so ofcourse he does not understand the new generation as much as the old. He cannot relate to what they say. Its understandable. How is he supposed to relate to "I sag my pants until my ass shows"(bad hop song, good example)? Now I dont know anything about Sean Prince but I guess that he cannot relate to it - maybe he can and if he can Im wrong with all this.
I dont personally think all of the 90s was the golden age. Everything seems better in the begining and things will get hyped up bigger than it is - and its the same with early '90 rap. It's really good. But it's not the pinnacle of rap. Tech, Eminem, Immortal Technique and others are worth mention on that list. At least one of them or others that are in their caliber. It's not that I dont like 90s music cause I think it is the best but it is overhyped by people saying rap nowadays suck and the only good rap was from the 90s.
I dont know anything about Prince Sean so I could be wrong about it all tho. Just my personal opinion.
liftthat
liftthat
Registered Member

Wed 31 Oct 2012 - 23:34
Chokey wrote:There's a big difference from liking music and being a fan of it. I like gangnam style, it's not the same as I want an album with Psy.
So because I am 18 and "I just dont like much of what I hear" from the 1990s(not true I adore it but lets just say I do) does that make it right? I am pissed about people saying that 90's was SO much better than the 2000s. The mainstream fucking sucked in both decades. And they weren't more lyrically gifted - Immortal Technique can beat them all. Eminem had his big blow up in the late 90s/start 00s.
And yes it has to do with lack of understandment: "why is he saying that", "I dont agree with that" etc. The man is 40 so ofcourse he does not understand the new generation as much as the old. He cannot relate to what they say. Its understandable. How is he supposed to relate to "I sag my pants until my ass shows"(bad hop song, good example)? Now I dont know anything about Sean Prince but I guess that he cannot relate to it - maybe he can and if he can Im wrong with all this.
I dont personally think all of the 90s was the golden age. Everything seems better in the begining and things will get hyped up bigger than it is - and its the same with early '90 rap. It's really good. But it's not the pinnacle of rap. Tech, Eminem, Immortal Technique and others are worth mention on that list. At least one of them or others that are in their caliber. It's not that I dont like 90s music cause I think it is the best but it is overhyped by people saying rap nowadays suck and the only good rap was from the 90s.
I dont know anything about Prince Sean so I could be wrong about it all tho. Just my personal opinion.

Honestly...I tried to read your post but couldn't get anything coherent from it. You seem to be over-thinking this thing & blowing it out of proportion lol. And somehow you bring Eminem & Immortal Technique into this? I don't even...

I believe your gripe was that he only listed old albums, I hit that point when I mentioned 1/4th of his list is post-90s shit. You're bringing in a whole lot of assumptions & hypotheticals that really have no point in this.

Your post contained too much rambling, sorry bru.
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Wed 31 Oct 2012 - 23:36
liftthat wrote:
Honestly...I tried to read your post but couldn't get anything coherent from it. You seem to be over-thinking this thing & blowing it out of proportion lol. And somehow you bring Eminem & Immortal Technique into this? I don't even...

I believe your gripe was that he only listed old albums, I hit that point when I mentioned 1/4th of his list is post-90s shit. You're bringing in a whole lot of assumptions & hypotheticals that really have no point in this.

Shut down Hopsin 3

This list needs moar illmatic tho
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Wed 31 Oct 2012 - 23:36
liftthat wrote:
Chokey wrote:There's a big difference from liking music and being a fan of it. I like gangnam style, it's not the same as I want an album with Psy.

changing opinion while writing isnt good. Hopsin 3 too many different opinions and shit. haha.
lets just pretend I didnt go full retard in this thread and continue like nothing happend.
liftthat
liftthat
Registered Member

Wed 31 Oct 2012 - 23:38
I have more of a problem with him not listing Illmatic, It Takes a Nation Of Millions, 36 Chambers, etc..than him not listing Eminem, Tech N9ne or Immortal Technique.

That's just me though, and I still find the list to be pretty decent. It has diversity, different genres, different eras, etc.
liftthat
liftthat
Registered Member

Wed 31 Oct 2012 - 23:40
Chokey wrote:changing opinion while writing isnt good. Hopsin 3 too many different opinions and shit. haha.
lets just pretend I didnt go full retard in this thread and continue like nothing happend.
Hopsin 3 Hopsin 3
King
King
Registered Member

Wed 31 Oct 2012 - 23:47
I like how Ice cube is always acknowledged by most of the 90's era. Thumbs Up
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Wed 31 Oct 2012 - 23:48
liftthat wrote:I have more of a problem with him not listing Illmatic, It Takes a Nation Of Millions, 36 Chambers, etc..than him not listing Eminem, Tech N9ne or Immortal Technique.

That's just me though, and I still find the list to be pretty decent. It has diversity, different genres, different eras, etc.
I'd rather have MMLP or Revolutionary vol. 2 up there. But again it's personal and you can never satisfy everyone. Hard to make a top 20 without forgetting some that should be mentioned.
achmed420
achmed420
Registered Member

Wed 31 Oct 2012 - 23:56
Jeet wrote:
liftthat wrote:

Shut down Hopsin 3

This list needs moar illmatic tho

more* Hopsin 2
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Thu 1 Nov 2012 - 0:08
liftthat wrote:I have more of a problem with him not listing Illmatic, It Takes a Nation Of Millions, 36 Chambers, etc..than him not listing Eminem, Tech N9ne or Immortal Technique.

Yea but it is his FAVOURITE albums...he might feel differently about albums he considers the greatest. There's a fine line imo
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Thu 1 Nov 2012 - 1:09
Jeet wrote:

Yea but it is his FAVOURITE albums...he might feel differently about albums he considers the greatest. There's a fine line imo
Didn't even notice or think about that. Jeet is completely right. #JEET2012 SwizZz 4
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Thu 1 Nov 2012 - 4:45
noo Tech N9ne?

muthafucka must be retarded.
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Thu 1 Nov 2012 - 7:27
@Chokey "Sean Prince" lmao smfh...

inb4 StrangeGenius shit storm.
Grandmaster
Grandmaster
Registered Member
https://twitter.com/JustAUserHandle

Thu 1 Nov 2012 - 10:17
Needs more death metal.
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Thu 1 Nov 2012 - 15:40
Perfect Stranger wrote:@Chokey "Sean Prince" lmao smfh...
Hopsin 4 fuck. thought it was his name. Wrote the shit 2AM though. So I was a little tired.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum