Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
King
King
Registered Member

Benzino Promises Eminem Battle In 2012 Empty Benzino Promises Eminem Battle In 2012

Sat 18 Feb 2012 - 22:46
Benzino is back. In the years following his and partner Dave Mays' departure from The Source magazine, he continued to record music ... and finally, over the weekend, the Boston-bred rapper dropped his first new project in years -- a mixtape titled Ceazar.

When we spoke to him this week, that wasn't the only topic we discussed though. One of the most surprising revelations Zino let us in on was that in the coming year, he plans to re-kindle his long-running beef with Eminem ... and promises that things will be much different this time around.

"I'm gonna tell you, I don't want my legacy left as Benzino lost the battle to Eminem. I'm gonna end up going back at him," the rapper revealed to BallerStatus.com. "I'mma tell you right now, and it's gonna be different this time. I feel like a boxer, I wasn't really in lyrical shape to battle him then. Now, I feel like I am.

"I'mma let this Ceazar mixtape do what it do, I'm coming out with [my next project] Vegas Music. But then in 2012, which they say is gonna be the end of the world, you can expect me to go back at Eminem for round 2. This time, it's gonna be a lot different, trust me," he promised.

According to Zino, although he had a reason for targeting Em back in the early-2000s (exposing "the Machine's unfair co-signing"), he received a lot of flack in the process, and eventually lost the battle, due to the Detroit rapper's lyrical prowess. But, after years of honing his craft, Zino wants a rematch, and says he's ready to take on Em ... lyrically.

"Really now, I can consider myself a lyricist. I play with syllables, I use different flows, so now, it's gonna be different," Zino said. "It's gonna be a whole different situation, because I'm going to be going at him with a lyrical mindset. Not just saying things, trying to point out certain things. 2012, you can expect it."

As Benzino continued, he went as far as saying Em's status as lyrical genius is all hype, adding that the rapper's latest Bad Meets Evil project with Royce Da 5'9, titled Hell: The Sequel, wasn't as good as critics praised it to be. In fact, he claims his Ceazar mixtape is better, if compared side-by-side as a full body of work.

"[Eminem is] known for his lyrics, but that's alright. He's not rap God. He has a few nice punchlines, but a lot of people do," Benzino explains. "This is how I look at it, a lot of people are bias because of the hype. When you listen to [Hell: The Sequel], honestly, you can't even say yourself that was an incredibly hot mixtape. He's Eminem, so everybody gotta manipulate what they say and how they say it. That's not hip-hop. As far as I'm concerned, Ceazar, as a body of work, is better than Bad Meets Evil. It's better and I'm gonna stand by that.

"I want people to judge me on my music. If you go out and get that Ceazar mixtape, and you can really fix your face and say 'Benzino is wack,' then all you're doing is hating. I got bangers on there and that's just bottom-line," he later added.

While some wait for the end of the world in 2012, it will be Benzino's year of reckoning. Will the rapper give em a run for his money? Will Eminem participate in the battle Zino is planning, like he did in the early-2000s? That all remains to be seen.

LMAO
Kamikaze
Kamikaze
Registered Member

Benzino Promises Eminem Battle In 2012 Empty Re: Benzino Promises Eminem Battle In 2012

Sat 18 Feb 2012 - 23:19

he already tried to diss eminem last year and failed he's just going to fail again
Em will destroy him again like he already has , if he even bothers to respond to it lol
GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/Gangu5Kahn?feature=mhee

Benzino Promises Eminem Battle In 2012 Empty Re: Benzino Promises Eminem Battle In 2012

Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 0:15
"I feel like a boxer, I wasn't really in lyrical shape to battle him then. Now, I feel like I am."

Seriously that is the dumbest thing I've ever fuckin read from an artist. Fuckin straight up homosexual excuse.
Blaze
Registered Member
http://www.hopsinforums.com/u595

Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 0:41
All abusers will get murdered
King
King
Registered Member

Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 0:56
He thinks he can make it work this time?!
He just doesn't get it..
CHA53
Registered Member

Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 1:02
Nothing will top Nail In the Coffin... He's out of his mind. I want Em to reply though if he does, & bring Slim back out... I know Ems still got it.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 2:00
CHA53 wrote:Nothing will top Nail In the Coffin... He's out of his mind. I want Em to reply though if he does, & bring Slim back out... I know Ems still got it.

Slim is always around
Registered Member

Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 2:01
If Benzino can say something worth getting Em's attention (which he probably won't) then I would love to hear a good ol' fashioned diss track by Shady. Benzino is just plain stupid and begging for attention like a homeless man begging for change.
King
King
Registered Member

Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 2:17
tbh I don't think Eminem would respond to anyone that doesn't have a buzz ATLEAST as big as Wiz khalifa..
Kamikaze
Kamikaze
Registered Member

Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 2:21
HopsinFan4Life wrote:If Benzino can say something worth getting Em's attention
if he says something about haillie or proof he would probably reply to it
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 2:24
HopsinIsDope wrote:
HopsinFan4Life wrote:If Benzino can say something worth getting Em's attention
if he says something about haillie or proof he would probably reply to it

yeah he would, STRAIGHT AWAY.

Please Benzo do it, we need SLIM back.
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 4:18
if he does bring them up, he's likely to be killed by stans. imo
BoomBotz
BoomBotz
Registered Member

Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 4:26
if benzino spent the time on perfecting his real talent rather than thinking of ways to keep battling eminem, his career would be far more successful.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 7:50
BoomBotz wrote:if benzino spent the time on perfecting his real talent rather than thinking of ways to keep battling eminem, his career would be far more successful.

spoken like a top 25 contest in the FV comp Thumbs Up
Registered Member

Sun 19 Feb 2012 - 8:06
I find it funny how he promises a battle, how can you promise that if you're not doing anything worthy of recognition?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum