Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

SOPA & PIPA Are Dead for NOW. Empty SOPA & PIPA Are Dead for NOW.

Mon 23 Jan 2012 - 3:19
Looks like yesterday's online and offline protests had some impact. SOPA and PIPA are dead. For now, at least.

Both the Protect Intellectual Property Act (PIPA) and the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) were due to be voted for in US congress this Tuesday, but the debates have now been postponed indefinitely.

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Lamar Smith said that his panel would not push ahead with SOPA until there is “wider agreement” on the proposed solution.

PIPA, meanwhile, has been postponed by Senate Majority leader Harry Reid. He issued a statement today citing the "legitimate issues" raised by protesters for keeping the bill from congress.

Reid also called for PIPA author Senator Patrick Leahy to "continue engaging with all stakeholders to forge a balance between protecting Americans' intellectual property, and maintaining openness and innovation on the internet."

Sounds like a victory to me. Good work, internet!

If you've got no idea what any of this is about, check out Dan's feature on SOPA, PIPA and their potentially far-reaching consequences. The subject is much less boring than you think.

SOPA and PIPA hits Xbox 360 on... wait, I don't have to do that for this post, do I?

Source: PS3Trophies.org
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum