Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh lawd, Canibus.....

+10
Frankie
BabySmacker
Hop_Fan13
HubertJubberman
wildcard
Jake The Dog
gvg
Arkade
STRANGEgenius
liftthat
14 posters
Go down
liftthat
liftthat
Registered Member

Oh lawd, Canibus..... Empty Oh lawd, Canibus.....

Sat 10 Dec 2011 - 3:13
I don't tend to make Canibus threads cause I don't wanna be viewed as a "stan"
But this thread needed to be made tbh.

Listen to the 4th track
http://rtjcollection.com/

That was the track that Canibus took off Lyrical Law, it was suppose to be a sign of peace.
Canibus also had a track with Royce on Lyrical law as a means to show their beef was over....but I think it was done without Royce's consent.
So he did some shit with lawyers/people from Shady to get the song taken off from iTunes...

Well, this 4th track that Canibus took off, is now released

Panic Panic Panic Panic Panic

edit:

Last edited by liftthat on Sat 10 Dec 2011 - 7:11; edited 2 times in total
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Oh lawd, Canibus..... Empty Re: Oh lawd, Canibus.....

Sat 10 Dec 2011 - 3:43
nice, will give it a listen.
liftthat
liftthat
Registered Member

Sat 10 Dec 2011 - 4:21
Oh Lawd x2, he dissed J Cole.
looooooooooooool
Arkade
Arkade
Registered Member

Sat 10 Dec 2011 - 4:28
it was cool, no doubt hes talented as hell jus not something i would listen t o
gvg
gvg
Registered Member

Sat 10 Dec 2011 - 6:08
liftthat wrote:Oh Lawd x2, he dissed J Cole.
looooooooooooool

lol..yea he just wrote why on Facebook..he called him "clone"...someone should tell him that Ace Hood claims Canibus as his biggest influence...seriously
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Sat 10 Dec 2011 - 6:33
dope.
liftthat
liftthat
Registered Member

Sat 10 Dec 2011 - 7:13
Added a YouTube link to the OP.

Also, Canibus probably did write this diss in 5 mintues, I remember people on CC talking about it the day after Royce was talking shit Twitter.

lmao.
Jake The Dog
Jake The Dog
Banned Member

Sat 10 Dec 2011 - 9:45
Why would he diss J. Cole? He's good as fuck.
liftthat
liftthat
Registered Member

Sat 10 Dec 2011 - 10:36
Jake The Dog wrote:Why would he diss J. Cole? He's good as fuck.

Cause Canibus is just a BOSS like that, lmaoo.

All serious though....

"Currently, new artists such as J Cole have continuously mentioned me as their favorite artist, shouted me out in articles, magazine/online interviews, and even gone as far as starting off show sets by playing some of my earlier material to warm up the audience and give off the impression that he is real hip hop and loves real lyricism. Cole might say he does this to pay homage, but in reality, by him playing my older material owned by my former label dating back to 1998, subsequently overlooking my current works and contributions which directly benefit me now, he is treating me less like an artist that has, and continues to contribute, influence, and inspire an even younger generation of MC’s coming up, and more like an artist that has physically passed on already(i.e. Tupac, B.I.G., Big L, Heavy D, Eyeda): you get the point I'm trying to make. I can't help but to think that he is not nearly as sincere or genuine as he would like real hip hop heads to think he is because he speaks about me like I am dead. What he is doing is underhanded and disingenuous and whether it is his idea or not, I don't agree with his tactic and I have something to say about it.

Was I so ahead of my time back in 1996 that people are currently unable to comprehend the jewels I continue to offer hip-hop NOW in 2012?"

Cliffs...
Cole says he is a Canibus fan but doesn't ackwoledge Canibus new work, only his Can-I-Bus era shit
Canibus goes boss mode and disses him
wildcard
wildcard
Registered Member

Sun 11 Dec 2011 - 0:03
gvg wrote:
liftthat wrote:Oh Lawd x2, he dissed J Cole.
looooooooooooool

lol..yea he just wrote why on Facebook..he called him "clone"...someone should tell him that Ace Hood claims Canibus as his biggest influence...seriously

forgot about this, good idea
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Sun 11 Dec 2011 - 1:08

lifthat beat me to it.
HubertJubberman
HubertJubberman
Registered Member
https://facebook.com/HubertJubberman

Sun 11 Dec 2011 - 18:32
liftthat wrote:

Cause Canibus is just a BOSS like that, lmaoo.

All serious though....

"Currently, new artists such as J Cole have continuously mentioned me as their favorite artist, shouted me out in articles, magazine/online interviews, and even gone as far as starting off show sets by playing some of my earlier material to warm up the audience and give off the impression that he is real hip hop and loves real lyricism. Cole might say he does this to pay homage, but in reality, by him playing my older material owned by my former label dating back to 1998, subsequently overlooking my current works and contributions which directly benefit me now, he is treating me less like an artist that has, and continues to contribute, influence, and inspire an even younger generation of MC’s coming up, and more like an artist that has physically passed on already(i.e. Tupac, B.I.G., Big L, Heavy D, Eyeda): you get the point I'm trying to make. I can't help but to think that he is not nearly as sincere or genuine as he would like real hip hop heads to think he is because he speaks about me like I am dead. What he is doing is underhanded and disingenuous and whether it is his idea or not, I don't agree with his tactic and I have something to say about it.

Was I so ahead of my time back in 1996 that people are currently unable to comprehend the jewels I continue to offer hip-hop NOW in 2012?"

Cliffs...
Cole says he is a Canibus fan but doesn't ackwoledge Canibus new work, only his Can-I-Bus era shit
Canibus goes boss mode and disses him

Horrible diss......he is losing respect for this diss.

Canibus is getting all butt hurt because J Cole never shows him love.....SERIOUSLY??? THATS IT!?!! Stupid part on Canibus.

J Cole used to rap under the name of Therapist on Canibus's website a lil while ago. I cant believe he dissed J Cole....smh
liftthat
liftthat
Registered Member

Sun 11 Dec 2011 - 18:50
HubertJubberman wrote:
Horrible diss......he is losing respect for this diss.

Canibus is getting all butt hurt because J Cole never shows him love.....SERIOUSLY??? THATS IT!?!! Stupid part on Canibus.

J Cole used to rap under the name of Therapist on Canibus's website a lil while ago. I cant believe he dissed J Cole....smh

Incorrect, J Cole has shown Canibus plenty of love in interviews/songs/etc
Hop_Fan13
Hop_Fan13
Registered Member

Sun 11 Dec 2011 - 20:07
Dizzy Wright don't seem to be feeling it.
Not feeling this Canibus Diss on Jcole at all . . . . Getting tired of this old muafuggas using these big ass words calling it lyrical and dissin niggas cause dont nobody fk with they shit smh , You Niggas lame
I don't have an opinion on this but I figured I'd post since a FV artist spoke on it.
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Sun 11 Dec 2011 - 21:02
The diss is justified. J. Cole says he likes Canibus and shit, but he does nothing to actually help him. He doesn't call him up to open for him, he doesn't mention his newer shit, etc. That doesn't help him at all.

A lot of people just don't like Canibus because of the beef with Em (even though that was forever ago). So...naturally, they would bitch.

Also...and Dizzy is lyrical? I mean, I like Dizzy's music, but he's not lyrical. lol...Dizzy just sounds mad that J. Cole got dissed, imo.
liftthat
liftthat
Registered Member

Sun 11 Dec 2011 - 21:05
iSmackBabies666 wrote:The diss is justified. J. Cole says he likes Canibus and shit, but he does nothing to actually help him. He doesn't call him up to open for him, he doesn't mention his newer shit, etc. That doesn't help him at all.

A lot of people just don't like Canibus because of the beef with Em (even though that was forever ago). So...naturally, they would bitch.

Also...and Dizzy is lyrical? I mean, I like Dizzy's music, but he's not lyrical. lol...Dizzy just sounds mad that J. Cole got dissed, imo.

My nigga.

I wood 2 11 some bitch ass nigga's for you if you were starving, that's how much I love you.
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Sun 11 Dec 2011 - 21:17
liftthat wrote:
iSmackBabies666 wrote:The diss is justified. J. Cole says he likes Canibus and shit, but he does nothing to actually help him. He doesn't call him up to open for him, he doesn't mention his newer shit, etc. That doesn't help him at all.

My nigga.

I wood 2 11 some bitch ass nigga's for you if you were starving, that's how much I love you.

lmaooooooooooooo!

Oh lawd, Canibus..... Tumblr_ksczlyQbeU1qzx4k0o1_500
Frankie
Administrator
https://twitter.com/HopsinForums

Sun 11 Dec 2011 - 21:32
iSmackBabies666 wrote:

Quoted for the truth.
Arkade
Arkade
Registered Member

Sun 11 Dec 2011 - 21:45
i just looked into the whole situation and wow canibus is a phaggot trying to be put on again via a diss to someone who is a fan.. strong

i aint hating doe, that's jsut what itis
liftthat
liftthat
Registered Member

Sun 11 Dec 2011 - 22:57
This is a comment I copy/pasted from hiphopdx comment box...I think it holds true and may "justify" what is happening, a little.

"Everyone calm down.

This is hip-hop. An an MC, dope or not, from any era, you are always entitled to battle/challenge any other MC at anytime, for whatever reason. This idea of "beef", making it so that you have to have a reason to battle someone is nonsense. Hip-hop was built and evolved upon artists challenging each other, sharpening their skills ... that's in all elements of hip-hop.

Canibus needs no reason to challenge whoever, wherever, whenever. "
liftthat
liftthat
Registered Member

Sun 11 Dec 2011 - 22:57
Canibus is loony as fuck though, lmao.
Hop_Fan13
Hop_Fan13
Registered Member

Sun 11 Dec 2011 - 23:00

How do you measure lyrical? Because Dizzy is very lyrical in my opinion. And without knowing very much about this, just from what I've seen posted, perhaps J. Cole only likes Canibus' older music. Is that entirely impossible?
liftthat
liftthat
Registered Member

Sun 11 Dec 2011 - 23:09
Hop_Fan13 wrote:

How do you measure lyrical? Because Dizzy is very lyrical in my opinion. And without knowing very much about this, just from what I've seen posted, perhaps J. Cole only likes Canibus' older music. Is that entirely impossible?

That's what this is all about from what I know, Cole goes around saying he has fought people that said Canibus was wack, names Bis as his inspiration, etc..
But in an interview when asked if he would collab with Bis he said no because he doesn't like "new/recent" Canibus music.

On the Bodybuilding forum I posted on, some kid met J Cole, he reported back with questions he had ask Cole and apparently Cole hasn't heard any Canibus in like 7 years or some shit.

Basically, I think Bis is calling out Cole for being a poser fan lololol
Hop_Fan13
Hop_Fan13
Registered Member

Sun 11 Dec 2011 - 23:16
liftthat wrote:
Hop_Fan13 wrote:

That's what this is all about from what I know, Cole goes around saying he has fought people that said Canibus was wack, names Bis as his inspiration, etc..
But in an interview when asked if he would collab with Bis he said no because he doesn't like "new/recent" Canibus music.

On the Bodybuilding forum I posted on, some kid met J Cole, he reported back with questions he had ask Cole and apparently Cole hasn't heard any Canibus in like 7 years or some shit.

Basically, I think Bis is calling out Cole for being a poser fan lololol

If J. Cole is pretending to be a fan then yea, that's just dumb. I just don't know which side I'd take here lol. I like Canibus more than J. Cole. I haven't heard Canibus' new music either though so I don't know who I'd like more as of right now.
King
King
Registered Member

Sun 11 Dec 2011 - 23:42
No matter how good of a rapper Canibus can be... dissing J.Cole, that's just LOW.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum