Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hating other music genres - what's the point?

+10
Frankie
AwesomeMan0710
LiquidDookie87
ThatGuy
Matt Meyer
liftthat
Evan Kettler
GangusKahn
Higher Living
BabySmacker
14 posters
Go down
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Hating other music genres - what's the point? Empty Hating other music genres - what's the point?

Mon 17 Oct 2011 - 22:05
Before I start this thread I'd like to say this: I really didn't know where to put this, so if it needs to be moved, sorry.

With that said, let's get into this shit.

Why do people do it? I even see people in their 30's doing it.
They instantly say everything in that genre sucks. A lot of people I know are like that with rap, most of my friends like really bad bands, though. They dislike it for no logical reason, either. I then know people who claim every single rock band/metal band sucks for no logical reason.

I honestly hate no whole genre. Maybe not a fan of a few, but I will give anything a chance.

Do any of YOU hate a genre? If so, why?
Higher Living
Higher Living
Registered Member

Hating other music genres - what's the point? Empty Re: Hating other music genres - what's the point?

Mon 17 Oct 2011 - 22:06
A lot of country sucks... but not all, ii actually like a few songs even... (i am from montana... this is like all that is played on the radio)
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Hating other music genres - what's the point? Empty Re: Hating other music genres - what's the point?

Mon 17 Oct 2011 - 22:07
Higher Living wrote:A lot of country sucks... but not all, ii actually like a few songs even... (i am from montana... this is like all that is played on the radio)

I agree with that, man. Not to big a fan of a country. A few songs I like.

Maybe having a family of rednecks is why I'm not to much of a fan.
Higher Living
Higher Living
Registered Member

Mon 17 Oct 2011 - 22:18
I hate on it cuz of the lack of lyrics... some have feeling but I want lyrics to be the picture... with feeling setting the mood and the beat is the canvas in which it all comes together on...]

Hop does that...
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Mon 17 Oct 2011 - 22:19
Higher Living wrote:I hate on it cuz of the lack of lyrics... some have feeling but I want lyrics to be the picture... with feeling setting the mood and the beat is the canvas in which it all comes together on...]

Hop does that...

I see exactly where you're coming from.
GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/Gangu5Kahn?feature=mhee

Mon 17 Oct 2011 - 23:05
I hate techno music

Reason: Its gay (No explanation needed)

Same with Country, Jazz....uhhh Pop music, skinny jean rap music...gospel shit...uhhh oh and screamo gay rock shit...Oh yeah and anything EMO people listen to

Just cause
GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member

Mon 17 Oct 2011 - 23:07
Remember that music influences lifestyles which are known to clash...therefore its like a cult following for each genre.

We could rage for days here about it lol
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Mon 17 Oct 2011 - 23:07
GangusKahn wrote:Remember that music influences lifestyles which are known to clash...therefore its like a cult following for each genre.

We could rage for days here about it lol

Tis true.
Higher Living
Higher Living
Registered Member

Mon 17 Oct 2011 - 23:11
GangusKahn wrote:I hate techno music

Just cause

I didn't think it needed to be pointed out... haha
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Mon 17 Oct 2011 - 23:13

Same with Country, Jazz....uhhh Pop music, skinny jean rap music...gospel shit...uhhh oh and screamo gay rock shit...Oh yeah and anything EMO people listen to

Just cause

Emo people listen to Hopsin. A very sad truth.

Curious, by "screamo gay rock shit", what do you even mean? lol...it's like your calling Rock Screamo. Screamo isn't even a genre (well, it is, according to scene kids and emos)...lol
Higher Living
Higher Living
Registered Member

Mon 17 Oct 2011 - 23:19
the rock / metal where you cannot under stand anything maybe?
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Mon 17 Oct 2011 - 23:20
I've never heard a scream in rock that was hard to understand.

I've always been able to understand exactly what they say in the harder metal, though. Excluding Death Metal on occasion. I still wouldn't call it screamo, though. It's not all about girls...lol
Evan Kettler
Evan Kettler
Registered Member

Mon 17 Oct 2011 - 23:28

Just cause
okok JAZZ?!? and techno?!? you obviously just haven't heard anything decent in the genres
liftthat
liftthat
Registered Member

Mon 17 Oct 2011 - 23:31
Greatest Hip Hop/Jazz album EVARRRR, if you don't like this album....you need to check your ears.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Low_End_Theory
Matt Meyer
Matt Meyer
Registered Member

Mon 17 Oct 2011 - 23:37
country... nuff said
GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member

Mon 17 Oct 2011 - 23:52
iH3artSatan666 wrote:

Just cause

Curious, by "screamo gay rock shit", what do you even mean? lol...it's like your calling Rock Screamo. Screamo isn't even a genre (well, it is, according to scene kids and emos)...lol

Did you miss the part where I said (No explanation needed) ?

Lol, but tbh, there was a band at this bar that said they were "Screamo" and they were terrible.
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Mon 17 Oct 2011 - 23:57
GangusKahn wrote:
iH3artSatan666 wrote:

Just cause

Did you miss the part where I said (No explanation needed) ?

Lol, but tbh, there was a band at this bar that said they were "Screamo" and they were terrible.

I'm not asking for an explination. I was asking for a clarification. They are different, man...lol

Anyone who says they are screamo is just awful. I will never respect that as a genre. lol
GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member

Tue 18 Oct 2011 - 0:02
In order for me to clarify, I must explain tho...

I dont want to troll, thats why I said I dont want to explain myself.

They are just my opinions, I dont judge anyone tho
ThatGuy
ThatGuy
Registered Member

Tue 18 Oct 2011 - 0:04
There is shitty music in every genre but there isn't a genre where I can say I hate everything about it. I'd say country music sucks but Johnny Cash is one of the greatest musicians of all time.
LiquidDookie87
LiquidDookie87
Registered Member

Tue 18 Oct 2011 - 1:28
I am not a fan of the country music genre. I don't care if you like it, I just never got into it.

I don't hate music, I do, however, only hate two bands:

Nickelback and Coldplay.

My reasoning for this is my own personal taste and I just don't like it. I literally rage when either band is played anywhere near me. I don't know why - I just do.
AwesomeMan0710
AwesomeMan0710
Registered Member

Tue 18 Oct 2011 - 2:43
Country music and pop music. OMFG. Pointless lyrics and stupid, simple melodies. RAAAAAAGE
Frankie
Administrator
https://twitter.com/HopsinForums

Tue 18 Oct 2011 - 2:52

San Andreas 4 lyfe. COME AT ME!
Anonymous

Tue 18 Oct 2011 - 3:09
Frankie wrote:

San Andreas 4 lyfe. COME AT ME!

FUCK YEAH!
AwesomeMan0710
AwesomeMan0710
Registered Member

Tue 18 Oct 2011 - 5:05
I should clarify tho....Pop has some good songs, but very few. As for country i just outright dislike that genre. I would never be caught listening to it.

I don't like techno/electronic music either. It's so damn repetitive. I know some is good but i just don't like music with no lyrics.
GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member

Tue 18 Oct 2011 - 9:01
hate all for no reason fu if u dont love me ... if u dont lov eme then i liove u "I'm drunk afk ...ttyl later tomorrow gnight. Maybe good? Epicnesss ftw gnight love u
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum