Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let us be real. Knock Madness proves a few things

+13
RealHipHop
Buddie
King
BabySmacker
Coolguy 127
jfatballz
Chokey
STRANGEgenius
Hunter
iScyko
Grafik
dukeblue
Bladerunner
17 posters
Go down
Anonymous

Let us be real. Knock Madness proves a few things Empty Let us be real. Knock Madness proves a few things

Thu 28 Nov 2013 - 20:34
1. Hopsin does not have what it takes to be a mainstream commercially successful "rapper"
2. He can't sing at all. And its painful to my ears
3. He's an out and out gimmick that is beginning to get old
4. Most of the tracks are utter garbage
5. Everything I said in my last thread is 100% true
6. His rhymes are extremely forced sometimes
7. He steals ideas from other MC's and tries to redo them, when it works it works great. When it doesn't we get KM type shit
8. The good tracks on KM are just v2.0's of their "Raw" similars
9. Hopsin fell off even though he wasn't that good to begin with

I say hoooolld up, wait a minute. Your site ain't shit unless you got Technician in it.
Anonymous

Let us be real. Knock Madness proves a few things Empty Re: Let us be real. Knock Madness proves a few things

Thu 28 Nov 2013 - 20:38
Hopsin has failed as a musician. He will never break through into the mainstream now and he has peaked already. Keep reading and I will explain why.

1. Artist & Repertoire within music labels, hate it or not but they are responsible for an artists popularity. They always try to ensure their artist is fashion-conscious and appealing. In the Hip-hop genre, youthfulness is everything. A&R always ensure their artist is young, fashionable and appealing. So they try to target the under 30's market. Preferably the teens and early twenties market.
Hopsin is near enough 28 years old and he hasn't released his breakthrough album yet. It's still not too late but if he leaves it a while longer he is losing appeal. Once an artist the age of 30, its a staple within the industry. His content will start to appeal less and less to younger audiences. His fanbase will transition to late twenties and people in their 30's.

2. His hairline is receding. Like it or not but read the above. People lose appeal when they are bald.

3. His last music material was Ill Mind of Hopsin 5, that was a whole year ago. If he doesn't treat his fans to new material at least every once in a while then he loses appeal. All record labels try to ensure their artist delivers new material at least once every 16 weeks. Even if it's a feature in a song. Although Hopsin does feature in songs, he features in the songs of underground artists who the majority of his fans doesn't listen to. So you could argue that Hopsin has gone close to 52 weeks without releasing any new music.

4. Hopsin is 28 now. He has 7 years left til he reaches the "Become a conscious rapper now or leave the game" stage, that's the age of 35 years old. In 7 years, a mainstream artist will try to release 4 studio albums. At Hopsin's current rate, he will release 2-3 studio albums, including Knock Madness. That's not enough to propel himself into the mainstream.

5. The gimmick has worn off now. The eyes, the shock value, it's all been done before now. It's gotten old and tedious.

This is my top 5 reasons why Hopsin has failed as a musician. And will never make it mainstream.
Bladerunner
Bladerunner
Registered Member

Let us be real. Knock Madness proves a few things Empty Re: Let us be real. Knock Madness proves a few things

Thu 28 Nov 2013 - 20:40
TheGooseMembrane wrote:1. Hopsin does not have what it takes to be a mainstream commercially successful "rapper"
2. He can't sing at all. And its painful to my ears
6. His rhymes are extremely forced sometimes
7. He steals ideas from other MC's and tries to redo them, when it works it works great. When it doesn't we get KM type shit

I say hoooolld up, wait a minute. Your site ain't shit unless you got Technician in it.

Let us be real. Knock Madness proves a few things Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuu_ZKZ_CfIAUAKI7Hx_Ka6G409bPK9g2ZYW0bKzwAdL5kJx2nwg

Yaaawn...
Anonymous

Thu 28 Nov 2013 - 20:41
And that's for the new niggas. Please explain how I could be wrong.

TEEEECCCHHHHHHNICCIANNNNNNNNNNNNNN
dukeblue
dukeblue
Registered Member

Thu 28 Nov 2013 - 20:47
Heh.
Grafik
Grafik
Registered Member
http://www.rappingreptile.tk/

Thu 28 Nov 2013 - 20:52
can agree with most of this
iScyko
iScyko
Registered Member

Thu 28 Nov 2013 - 21:11
TheGOATMember wrote:Hopsin has failed as a musician. He will never break through into the mainstream now and he has peaked already. Keep reading and I will explain why.

1. Artist & Repertoire within music labels, hate it or not but they are responsible for an artists popularity. They always try to ensure their artist is fashion-conscious and appealing. In the Hip-hop genre, youthfulness is everything. A&R always ensure their artist is young, fashionable and appealing. So they try to target the under 30's market. Preferably the teens and early twenties market.
Hopsin is near enough 28 years old and he hasn't released his breakthrough album yet. It's still not too late but if he leaves it a while longer he is losing appeal. Once an artist the age of 30, its a staple within the industry. His content will start to appeal less and less to younger audiences. His fanbase will transition to late twenties and people in their 30's.

2. His hairline is receding. Like it or not but read the above. People lose appeal when they are bald.

3. His last music material was Ill Mind of Hopsin 5, that was a whole year ago. If he doesn't treat his fans to new material at least every once in a while then he loses appeal. All record labels try to ensure their artist delivers new material at least once every 16 weeks. Even if it's a feature in a song. Although Hopsin does feature in songs, he features in the songs of underground artists who the majority of his fans doesn't listen to. So you could argue that Hopsin has gone close to 52 weeks without releasing any new music.

4. Hopsin is 28 now. He has 7 years left til he reaches the "Become a conscious rapper now or leave the game" stage, that's the age of 35 years old. In 7 years, a mainstream artist will try to release 4 studio albums. At Hopsin's current rate, he will release 2-3 studio albums, including Knock Madness. That's not enough to propel himself into the mainstream.

5. The gimmick has worn off now. The eyes, the shock value, it's all been done before now. It's gotten old and tedious.

This is my top 5 reasons why Hopsin has failed as a musician. And will never make it mainstream.
Your opinion is very simple and one tracked. You're comparable to the guy at the beginning of The Industry is Punks.
Hunter
Hunter
Registered Member

Thu 28 Nov 2013 - 22:24
TheGOATMember wrote:

lol wat. He released old friend, hop is back, have you seen me, and rip your heart out and just released a fucking album.

And if you would listen to that album you would realize that he said he's done with the gimmick's for good.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Thu 28 Nov 2013 - 23:30
i agree with most of the first post tbh
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 0:07
its an okay album but if it takes 3 years...
Anonymous

Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 0:47
Hunter wrote:
TheGOATMember wrote:

lol wat. He released old friend, hop is back, have you seen me, and rip your heart out and just released a fucking album.

And if you would listen to that album you would realize that he said he's done with the gimmick's for good.
New nigga, fuck you!
I made that post fucking ages ago and that's why I said "this is for the new niggas". I copied and pasted it from an old ass thread. So stick your lolwats up your ass. I'm done with you for good.
Anonymous

Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 0:52
STRANGEgenius wrote:i agree with most of the first post tbh
I used to fucking love Marcus' music but he pissed me off by fucking up so much since Raw. 
Marshall took a few weeks to come up with MMLP. Tupac took a few hours to come up with classics.
Marcus has shit on all his fans for soaking up all the money and attention from tours and he has neglected what he promised to stay true to since the start, US the fans. Fuck Funk Volume Hop, what about your fucking fans?
That's why I leaked Be My Friend and it was a shit song anyway! Sorry for telling the fucking truth and putting too much hope in this acne infested clown!
"I had that much of an impact? My rhymes did that?" YES DUH. GO BACK TO MAKING MUSIC AND STOP PLAYING AROUND WITH THESE BULLSHIT BUSINESS VENTURES AND GIVE US WHAT WE ASKED FOR, FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS
Anonymous

Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 0:54
NEWSFLASH
Most HipHop classic albums only took a few weeks to record

3 years?
jfatballz
Registered Member

Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 1:25
TheGOATMember wrote:NEWSFLASH
Most HipHop classic albums only took a few weeks to record

3 years?
it didn't take him 3 years to write the album.. he had lots of tracks done by the time hop madness dropped.. the process of making the album was 3 years but its not like he wrote the album non stop. so some of the tracks were recorded way before others  and some tracks were canned from the project. im sure he cut songs he recorded 2 years ago and songs he did this year.
Coolguy 127
Coolguy 127
Registered Member

Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 2:03
Plus you have to keep in mind that he basically does everything himself, so it is bound to take a longer time.
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 3:18
TheGOATMember wrote:I say hoooolld up, wait a minute. Your site ain't shit unless you got Technician in it.
>Technician

pls fuk off n die
King
King
Registered Member

Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 7:21
Why do you care about Hopsin?

I would assume you never liked him due to the fact that everything you mentioned is something someone would say when Hopsin first started rapping. tbh
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 8:22
TheGOATMember wrote:1. Hopsin does not have what it takes to be a mainstream commercially successful "rapper"
2. He can't sing at all. And its painful to my ears
6. His rhymes are extremely forced sometimes

I say hoooolld up, wait a minute. Your site ain't shit unless you got Technician in it.
Neither does Tech N9ne, your point?
King
King
Registered Member

Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 8:29
Hopsin actually has what it takes he just hasnt grasped it yet.
So does Tech n9ne.. except Hopsin has like 2x more commercial appeal than him.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 8:41
King wrote:Hopsin actually has what it takes he just hasnt grasped it yet.
So does Tech n9ne.. except Hopsin has like 2x more commercial appeal than him.
Hopsin has a lot more appeal than Tech. Not taking anything away from the King of the underground, but all it will take is a song or two for Hopsin to make it big. Will that ever happen? I don't think so, but it's possible.
King
King
Registered Member

Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 8:52
Although I sometimes wonder if Hopsin were to collab with all of the people tech did..
Bladerunner
Bladerunner
Registered Member

Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 11:41
Sometimes I think maybe Hop is one of those one album\book artists who are famous only because of one thing they created which became a kind of breakthrough, the rest of stuff is usually much worse or meaningless but this one masterpiece makes them memorable for everyone. I hope it's not the case here and like King had hinted before Hop will spread his wings fully and show even more class one day.
RealHipHop
Registered Member

Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 20:14
hopsin makes real hip hop, u probably listen to lil zane fgt
King
King
Registered Member

Wed 4 Dec 2013 - 1:51
RealHipHop wrote:hopsin makes real hip hop, u probably listen to lil zane fgt
Ok so whos second account is this? Hopsin 3
Nidac_7
Nidac_7
Registered Member
https://twitter.com/Nidac_7

Wed 4 Dec 2013 - 2:44
King wrote:
RealHipHop wrote:hopsin makes real hip hop, u probably listen to lil zane fgt
Ok so whos second account is this? Hopsin 3
And who namedrops lil zane?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum