Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Video I've Seen On Youtube In A While

+8
BitchNigga
BabySmacker
Chokey
whufcwesthamunited
AlwaysRaw
King
Buddie
12 posters
Go down
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Best Video I've Seen On Youtube In A While Empty Best Video I've Seen On Youtube In A While

Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 15:22
Man this video is awesome.
King
King
Registered Member

Best Video I've Seen On Youtube In A While Empty Re: Best Video I've Seen On Youtube In A While

Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 16:28
I love stuff like this!
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Best Video I've Seen On Youtube In A While Empty Re: Best Video I've Seen On Youtube In A While

Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 16:32
I watch some of this guys pranks, really cool he decided to do something like this
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 16:39
Yeah hopefully he makes more of these. He should start his own TV show called "Homeless Man Makeover"
whufcwesthamunited
Registered Member

Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 18:11
Not really that amazing at all.

It is highly likely that guy really doesn't care about him - probably doing it for money. This video is getting tons of views, he is getting tons of exposure; he is therefore making tons of money. This added exposure will make him more of an internet sensation (I have seen his other videos - the pranks he does - which are all fake by the way). So this guy has got internet famous from doing fake pranks and now seems to want to make even more money. What happens after this video? Do you think Vitaly will keep in touch with this homeless guy? That is what a charity would do but I don't think he would.

Additionally it is incredibly obvious the homeless man has been told what to say at times. Yeah I am making assumptions but based on Vitaly's history and the fact that I am not being a thick 14 year old forum member and actually able to ponder his motives; something many are not capable of doing (in other words not just immediately associating a good deed with being a good person - think back to Kony 2012), I feel he isn't as great person as you want to believe.

I've done things from my own heart to help people less fortunate than myself, but personally I didn't want to film it even if it would get me a lot of internet coverage. Did he even need to film this? Surely he could have just done these 'kind acts' without a camera being there to record it. The only possible benefit I can think of from filming this is that people may start to recognise this homeless man and help him more than they would have done if this video was not made. However I am sure this wasn't the reason behind Vitaly deciding to film the video. There are plenty of more inspiring videos out there than this one to be honest and they are recorded for a legitimate reason.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 18:42
whufcwesthamunited wrote:Not really that amazing at all.

It is highly likely that guy really doesn't care about him - probably doing it for money. This video is getting tons of views, he is getting tons of exposure; he is therefore making tons of money. This added exposure will make him more of an internet sensation (I have seen his other videos - the pranks he does - which are all fake by the way). So this guy has got internet famous from doing fake pranks and now seems to want to make even more money. What happens after this video? Do you think Vitaly will keep in touch with this homeless guy? That is what a charity would do but I don't think he would.

Additionally it is incredibly obvious the homeless man has been told what to say at times. Yeah I am making assumptions but based on Vitaly's history and the fact that I am not being a thick 14 year old forum member and actually able to ponder his motives; something many are not capable of doing (in other words not just immediately associating a good deed with being a good person - think back to Kony 2012), I feel he isn't as great person as you want to believe.

I've done things from my own heart to help people less fortunate than myself, but personally I didn't want to film it even if it would get me a lot of internet coverage. Did he even need to film this? Surely he could have just done these 'kind acts' without a camera being there to record it. The only possible benefit I can think of from filming this is that people may start to recognise this homeless man and help him more than they would have done if this video was not made. However I am sure this wasn't the reason behind Vitaly deciding to film the video. There are plenty of more inspiring videos out there than this one to be honest and they are recorded for a legitimate reason.
Regardless of what you think his motive was, this man will find work now because of this video. Vitaly basically advertised what he can do for work in front of millions and millions of people. People from that area will be in touch with this guy very soon. And let's just say Vitaly doesn't care about that guy at all, the man still got $350+ of free clothes, a shower, a bed to sleep in for a couple of days, and a good meal. This guy will remember this day for the rest of his life and smile every time he thinks of it. People who watch this are going to be inspired to do something nice for someone even if it is something small. It's like a chain reaction of good deeds. If rappers can make money making videos on Youtube with bitches on their laps then I don't see a problem with a guy making money off of helping someone less fortunate than him. This was a great idea and I hope he does more of these in the future.
King
King
Registered Member

Tue 30 Jul 2013 - 21:59
I rather see someone get attention by doing a good deed and making someones day year than making a song about sitting on a toilet or doing rants about stuff they hate.. If this becomes a trend it will be a good thing.
whufcwesthamunited
Registered Member

Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 7:54
Buddie wrote:

Regardless of what you think his motive was, this man will find work now because of this video. Vitaly basically advertised what he can do for work in front of millions and millions of people. People from that area will be in touch with this guy very soon. And let's just say Vitaly doesn't care about that guy at all, the man still got $350+ of free clothes, a shower, a bed to sleep in for a couple of days, and a good meal. This guy will remember this day for the rest of his life and smile every time he thinks of it. People who watch this are going to be inspired to do something nice for someone even if it is something small. It's like a chain reaction of good deeds. If rappers can make money making videos on Youtube with bitches on their laps then I don't see a problem with a guy making money off of helping someone less fortunate than him. This was a great idea and I hope he does more of these in the future.

He won't necessarily find work. Vitaly basically has seen other videos of people doing very similar things and those videos got lots of exposure so he did the same. You are just trying to look for the positive side of this rather than looking at it realistically. People who watched that should have already been caring and generous for those who need help. I thought that was the whole point of parents and education. Lets say if 10+ people have just watched this video, do you think any of them have helped a homeless man after this video was created? You can't compare two negatives like that - the rappers are in the wrong and so is he. It was a great idea but the way it seems he has gone about it for his own personal gain makes it wrong. Just do it with a camera off and in your 'private life' as opposed to in your 'media life'.
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 8:12
I see where both of you guys are coming from, obviously there's positives and negatives.
I just enjoyed watching the video and then moved on haha.
Registered Member

Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 11:26
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 11:56
why didnt he buy him a hooker too?
King
King
Registered Member

Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 14:42
What's the big deal, it's not like hes filming gore.
If he makes a personal gain for showing himself giving someone else their personal gain I don't think that's wrong. Private life or not it's still his life and his decisions and it entertains the viewers by watching the homeless mans reaction. If anyone is losing from this it's the people who somehow don't want him to film it.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 21:57
whufcwesthamunited wrote:
Buddie wrote:

He won't necessarily find work. Vitaly basically has seen other videos of people doing very similar things and those videos got lots of exposure so he did the same. You are just trying to look for the positive side of this rather than looking at it realistically. People who watched that should have already been caring and generous for those who need help. I thought that was the whole point of parents and education. Lets say if 10+ people have just watched this video, do you think any of them have helped a homeless man after this video was created? You can't compare two negatives like that - the rappers are in the wrong and so is he. It was a great idea but the way it seems he has gone about it for his own personal gain makes it wrong. Just do it with a camera off and in your 'private life' as opposed to in your 'media life'.
But those are all just assumptions. He could be a really good person who was genuinely just trying to help this man. And yes I do believe that out of the millions of people who watched and will watch this video, at least a few of them will go out of their way to help someone in need. Also, neither of us know whether or not he was doing it for his own personal gain or not. All I know is that it was a great thing to do for that man and he will forever be grateful for what happened on that day. And I don't agree that he shouldn't have filmed it and just kept it private. Great people like Mother Teresa were filmed many times doing good deeds like this. It doesn't make it bad.
Registered Member

Thu 1 Aug 2013 - 17:34
whufcwesthamunited
Registered Member

Fri 2 Aug 2013 - 19:14
Buddie wrote:
Buddie wrote:

But those are all just assumptions. He could be a really good person who was genuinely just trying to help this man. And yes I do believe that out of the millions of people who watched and will watch this video, at least a few of them will go out of their way to help someone in need. Also, neither of us know whether or not he was doing it for his own personal gain or not. All I know is that it was a great thing to do for that man and he will forever be grateful for what happened on that day. And I don't agree that he shouldn't have filmed it and just kept it private. Great people like Mother Teresa were filmed many times doing good deeds like this. It doesn't make it bad.

Did you just compare the fact that Mother Teresa was filmed doing good deeds with this video? 

I'm done with this. There is so much I could write but it just isn't worth it.
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Fri 2 Aug 2013 - 20:08
Vitaly does seem like a scummy person, but I'm glad for this Martin guy. Good for him.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Fri 2 Aug 2013 - 20:48
Buddie wrote:
Buddie wrote:

Did you just compare the fact that Mother Teresa was filmed doing good deeds with this video? 

I'm done with this. There is so much I could write but it just isn't worth it.
Best Video I've Seen On Youtube In A While 33epjf6
BitchNigga
BitchNigga
Registered Member

Sat 3 Aug 2013 - 1:30
I would hate to be some of you. Cant enjoy anything. Just because someone enjoys a video and doesn't want to analytically breakdown every aspect of it doesn't mean they are mindless 14 yo forum users.
King
King
Registered Member

Sat 3 Aug 2013 - 1:34
Whether or not hes a good person it's the deed that we're talking about and this was a good one. Simple as that, he did no harm to that man at all by filming and showing the world for their entertainment. Just enjoy what you're watching and don't worry about the dudes personal life because the video itself does not make anyone lose anything but gain..
Essence
Essence
Registered Member

Sat 3 Aug 2013 - 1:59
I saw this when it was uploaded so I'm not watching again. In the desc. it says I seem like a dick in my other videos so I decided to do something nice.
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Sat 3 Aug 2013 - 6:13
Yea... in the description it has a link to the indiegogo campaign Vitaly started... what a dick.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/martin-s-campaign--11 Thumbs Up 

He already made 10.9k out of the 2.5k goal. Says he's getting his teeth pulled or some shit. I sure hope Vitaly doesn't record it when they go to the dentist or anything then he'd be a real dick and doing it all for exposure!
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Sat 3 Aug 2013 - 16:49
AlwaysRaw wrote:Yea... in the description it has a link to the indiegogo campaign Vitaly started... what a dick.

He already made 10.9k out of the 2.5k goal. Says he's getting his teeth pulled or some shit. I sure hope Vitaly doesn't record it when they go to the dentist or anything then he'd be a real dick and doing it all for exposure!
Damn thanks for posting that. I'm looking forward to that video. I'm wondering where the rest of the money will go though because it only costs 2500 for that procedure to be done. I'm guessing he'll be getting his teeth whitened too haha
whufcwesthamunited
Registered Member

Sat 3 Aug 2013 - 18:12
BitchNigga wrote:I would hate to be some of you. Cant enjoy anything. Just because someone enjoys a video and doesn't want to analytically breakdown every aspect of it doesn't mean they are mindless 14 yo forum users.

I was giving my opinion on why I didn't think it was a good video at all. Is that not allowed? Am I only allowed to write a positive comment on a 'positive' video? Am I not even allowed to give my opinion at all?

And just generally speaking, a lot of the forum members here are very young (which I do not have a problem with at all because obviously they cannot control when they were brought into this world) but it is just the combination of 1) really immature comments and 2) naivety that gets on my nerves.

AlwaysRaw wrote:Yea... in the description it has a link to the indiegogo campaign Vitaly started... what a dick.

Seen it before I made my initial post. It still does not make me change my mind about the video but I really don't feel the need to explain my views (call this a bitch move if you really want)
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Sat 3 Aug 2013 - 18:24
BitchNigga wrote:I would hate to be some of you. Cant enjoy anything. Just because someone enjoys a video and doesn't want to analytically breakdown every aspect of it doesn't mean they are mindless 14 yo forum users.

I was giving my opinion on why I didn't think it was a good video at all. Is that not allowed? Am I only allowed to write a positive comment on a 'positive' video? Am I not even allowed to give my opinion at all?

And just generally speaking, a lot of the forum members here are very young (which I do not have a problem with at all because obviously they cannot control when they were brought into this world) but it is just the combination of 1) really immature comments and 2) naivety that gets on my nerves.

Seen it before I made my initial post. It still does not make me change my mind about the video but I really don't feel the need to explain my views (call this a bitch move if you really want)
Nah to be honest I really don't think you're pulling bitch moves, I get where you and Buddie are coming from. Neither of you are gonna change your mind on your opinion so there's not really a point to continue saying the same thing over and over so I get that. But I'm not really picking sides because I can see how this would be just some big scumbag move to get views (which worked if it was) or just something nice he tried out for a change. I can't really pick a side because I wasn't there and I don't know the guy, so I just kinda enjoyed the video and moved on.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Sat 3 Aug 2013 - 18:31
Yeah we just have different opinions on the video which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I wasn't trying to be an asshole or anything about it though pal:thumbs up: Sorry if it came off as that.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum