Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

G-Mo Skee - Got Filth Mixtape 2 [Mixtape] ~ Review Empty G-Mo Skee - Got Filth Mixtape 2 [Mixtape] ~ Review

Fri 30 Nov 2012 - 10:00
G-Mo Skee - Got Filth Mixtape 2 [Mixtape] ~ Review 3351869526-1

G-Mo Skee returns with his new mixtape which is a sequel to his debue mixtape Got Filth, G-Mo Skee said it was some of the rawest shit he ever wrote, you have probably heard of G-Mo Skee, especially if you followed the latest Don't Funk Up Our Beats rap contest, G-Mo Skee came in to the competition out of nowhere and [literally] cut of other rappers heads. G-Mo Skee also has a song with Hopsin named "Shit Bowl" and a song with SwizZz named "Creepy Kids". G-Mo Skee finished 3rd place in the contest, he also made a verse for MK & Munky Gang Showcase which was along with Street Light the current world record holder for the longest freestyle rap [over 13 hours!] anyway, i've been following G-Mo Skee has included both these freestyles/songs on this mixtape along with his popular diss track "Bay Area Droput", he is also a member of the rap group Inf Gang who have done a lot of music with FV [BBQ Sessions]; anyway on with the review.

G-Mo Skee is one of my favorite underground rappers out there, i love horrorcore and G-Mo Skees filth, but he lacked production in his first mixtape, in this mixtape he has brought everything to the table, lyrical content, rhyme schemes, clean flow, disses, horrorcore and the FILTH. This is one of the best mixtapes of the year, the mixtape starts with a sequel to his popular song Front Page, which has the same chorus from the original. The song then goes to my personal favorite song called "Warcraft" everything about the song fits so well and is a really good song to kill people to, along with the whole mixtape. Mixtape then continues to his YT hit video "When Did It Become Cool To Be A Sick Fuck", which i think is one of the worse songs of the mixtape, doesn't mean it is bad. "Filth Merchant" than goes on to tell everyone not to do the same style as G-Mo as you will not be able to stop him, he is above you all FILTH fakes, it also has a nice funny skit to it before the song starts. The mixtape than continues to some songs with a couple members from the Inf Gang, these guys need to step up their game though, as i find their verses boring and not very entertaining, it isn't that bad though, the mixtape than goes on to feature a very good artist I-Khan, who is a member of this site and has been praised by Hopsin multiple times. Along with his diss just before it, telling the faggot djs to keep doing their faggot shit, the beat changes in this diss really add to the shock value and makes the song more entertaining.

The next 3 songs are my personal favorites along with Warcraft. Cheefington goes very hard, until Kevin starts rapping, i find Kevin very boring and not entertaining at all, especially his voice and flow; it wrecks the song but that is just me. The next song will be the very awesome constructed freestyle for the Munky Gang, and his 3rd placed contest for the FV concert, rapping over the FV 2012 beat; which makes the song that much better. The next song is your normal cruise along song, and again the feature on the first verse lackas again, G-Mo Skee needs to pick his features better at times, but that's not really up to us. G-Mo Skee still manages to change the song straight to a horrorcore song which i love about him. He then finishes of the mixtape with a Inf Gang song which he murders everyone on it[again]; a christmas special which is just the perfect song to listen to, especially if you got absolute shit for xmas as a kid while growing up. The end is now approaching and you take on the "Final Boss"; me growing up with video games really loved the beat and the lyrical content, as it is a awesome gaming type song with FILFTH mixed about. And a awesome outro song to end this wonderful mixtape, defiently recommended, full of awesome FILFTH, fans of Lynch will love this, like me.

Overall: 8/10
Could change his subject matter more throughout the mixtape and getting some better features.

Download the mixtape here: http://g-mo.bandcamp.com/album/got-filth-mixtape-2-the-great-adventures-of-g-mo

Last edited by STRANGEgenius on Fri 30 Nov 2012 - 23:18; edited 1 time in total
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

G-Mo Skee - Got Filth Mixtape 2 [Mixtape] ~ Review Empty Re: G-Mo Skee - Got Filth Mixtape 2 [Mixtape] ~ Review

Fri 30 Nov 2012 - 10:46
Nice review.
I might check this mixtape out, if it earns a comparison to Lynch this should be dope!
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

G-Mo Skee - Got Filth Mixtape 2 [Mixtape] ~ Review Empty Re: G-Mo Skee - Got Filth Mixtape 2 [Mixtape] ~ Review

Fri 30 Nov 2012 - 10:48
I love this shit:

STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Fri 30 Nov 2012 - 11:26
Perfect Stranger wrote:Nice review.
I might check this mixtape out, if it earns a comparison to Lynch this should be dope!

yeah, you'll love the lyrics.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/410maximus

Fri 30 Nov 2012 - 14:54
G-Mo Skee is a monster. Solid review. Only thing I disagree with is "When Did It Become Cool To Be A Sick Fuck" - that song is dope AF and it's always the 1st song I show to people to get them interested.
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Fri 30 Nov 2012 - 16:07
im on 23rd with 6 bucks to get my dick sucked
Joelletjuh
Joelletjuh
Registered Member

Fri 30 Nov 2012 - 17:52
G-Mo reviewed your review lol.

Let me give this guy a Review of his Review:

I hate that you don't like ANY of the features on my Mixtape, Catalyst is fucking raw. I hate that you think I'm in a group called Funk Gang, it's actually Inf Gang. AND I ABSOLUTELY HATE that you don't like When Did it Become Cool to be a Sick Fuck, that shit is the anthem. I also hate your grammar.

I give this Review a 4/10....i still love you doe!
Katz Inf Gang
Katz Inf Gang
Registered Member
http://www.infgang.com

Fri 30 Nov 2012 - 20:10
Funk Gang is the name of the Inf Gang/FV project.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/410maximus

Fri 30 Nov 2012 - 21:14
LMAO @ G-Mo's review
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Fri 30 Nov 2012 - 23:17
lol, i know its Inf Gang, that was a typo.
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Fri 30 Nov 2012 - 23:23
I love G-Mo.
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Fri 30 Nov 2012 - 23:24
Perfect Stranger wrote:I love this shit:

So many dope lines in that.
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Tue 4 Dec 2012 - 0:29
I wish G Mo could've replaced Cryptic Wisdom or something on I'm Not Crazy.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Tue 4 Dec 2012 - 4:20
AlwaysRaw wrote:I wish G Mo could've replaced Cryptic Wisdom or something on I'm Not Crazy.

that would be godly.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum