Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
DGCK
DGCK
Registered Member

Can Music be so Bad that it's Good? Empty Can Music be so Bad that it's Good?

Thu 1 Nov 2012 - 14:04
A Dead End Hip Hop segment where someone asked them about listening to certain artists (think 2chainz, Waka, Gucci, etc) and if you can hear them so much that you enjoy the music, even though you're aware that the music is bad.

I think everyone on the forums can relate to the topic even if their discussion is a little argumentative lol.

Their debate kind of reminds me of the "Who's the worst rapper that you like" thread

anthonyFv
Registered Member

Can Music be so Bad that it's Good? Empty Re: Can Music be so Bad that it's Good?

Thu 1 Nov 2012 - 15:28
my answer is no. Only exceptions for me are Lil B, funny as shit to me but also has some serious songs, and Tyler The Creator. I don't know why but I love Odd Future.The difference with them is they are all trolling and are a just having fun but still making hip hop.Artists like Gucci Mane and Souja Boy, probably not for educated hip hop people like most of you but for other people are took seriously and people actually ENJOY their music for what it is(not for being funny, because its not funny), the only reason that they have gained fame is because the record labels have pushed the shit so intensely its not even funny. In the words of
Jon Connor -
"Give it to every station, and make em play it till you hate it.
Matter fact this shit should be in endless rotation,
so that way you really won't know how to rap for you to make it.
Play this shit so much the people will hate it till they love it,
its the only shit we'll play so the people will say fuck it"
Nidac_7
Nidac_7
Registered Member
https://twitter.com/Nidac_7

Can Music be so Bad that it's Good? Empty Re: Can Music be so Bad that it's Good?

Thu 1 Nov 2012 - 18:36
I don't think music can be so bad it's good. Music can be bad and enjoyable, but not good. Rappers that come to mind are waka and lil jon.
King
King
Registered Member

Thu 1 Nov 2012 - 19:34
No, however music can be so bad that it's entertaining.

You have a repetition of catchy songs which stick to your head so you feel like listening to it later on just because of that little sound that stays in your head, regardless of how ridiculous and stupid you know the song is. Then you have rappers that say random shit that is so ironic you think it's interesting and want to keep listening.
hopsintupac
hopsintupac
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/hopsintupac

Thu 1 Nov 2012 - 20:52
Lil b is good as fuck... And he is bad...
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Sat 3 Nov 2012 - 1:23
I dunno what is it, but that Gucci Mane song, "Psycho" is so fucking entertaining and catchy, the hook is shit, but for some reason I really like the verses, "u a fucking sqaure, u shouldnt go out dere, I'm a crazy man, stop sitting on yo ass like a lazy man", I can't remember all of the lyrics but I just find it tolerable.
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Sat 3 Nov 2012 - 10:38
I have to say yes. I really believe if you listen to a song long enough WITHOUT outside influence, you will think it is good. If you listen to it regularly I think you'd start to rationalise why it's good and eventually believe your own bullshit, just to feel better about listening to it.
achmed420
achmed420
Registered Member

Sat 3 Nov 2012 - 18:48
Jeet wrote:I have to say yes. I really believe if you listen to a song long enough WITHOUT outside influence, you will think it is good. If you listen to it regularly I think you'd start to rationalise why it's good and eventually believe your own bullshit, just to feel better about listening to it.

this
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum