Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I just saw Hopsin in Detroit and...

+18
theungod
Frankie
41OMaXiMuS
RealTrell
Essence
StuFace
BabySmacker
King
anthonyFv
Grandmaster
DGCK
whufcwesthamunited
hopsintupac
knockmathers
Jeet
STRANGEgenius
Chokey
jbm
22 posters
Go down
jbm
Registered Member

I just saw Hopsin in Detroit and... Empty I just saw Hopsin in Detroit and...

Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 8:05
...out of maybe 300 people, the only black guys at the show were on the stage.

EVERYONE in the crowd was white.

EVERYONE.

I would have seen a higher percentage of black people at a Red Hot Chili Peppers show.

I'm not talking shit, I'm just saying. Why is it like that? Why are 99% of his fans white? It's fascinating as fuck. I feel like a sociology PhD could write their doctorate thesis about this. I'm not racist against white people, and I'm not upset that so many of his fans are white... I am only curious and want an explanation. What is the science behind it? Is it because the buzz around Raw was so boosted by youtube, and youtube's viewer base are mostly middle class white sheep who have a bunch of computers sitting around their house, fast internet, and the free time to sit and browse videos? Do you think there will be more diversity in the fan base as Hopsin becomes famous and gets more exposure from places other than the internet, or are people from other races going to see the white crowd and think like "man, Hopsin is whack if all his fans are white, it means he only spits things that relate to white people, what am I doing here" and doom Hopsin to only play mid sized venues for white people the rest of his life, shunned by his own race? Am I the only one who thinks about this stuff?
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

I just saw Hopsin in Detroit and... Empty Re: I just saw Hopsin in Detroit and...

Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 9:08
Know alotta black dudes that likes him as wel...
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

I just saw Hopsin in Detroit and... Empty Re: I just saw Hopsin in Detroit and...

Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 9:21
actually i aint surprised.
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 9:38
jbm wrote:...out of maybe 300 people, the only black guys at the show were on the stage.

EVERYONE in the crowd was white.

EVERYONE.

I would have seen a higher percentage of black people at a Red Hot Chili Peppers show.

I'm not talking shit, I'm just saying. Why is it like that? Why are 99% of his fans white? It's fascinating as fuck. I feel like a sociology PhD could write their doctorate thesis about this. I'm not racist against white people, and I'm not upset that so many of his fans are white... I am only curious and want an explanation. What is the science behind it? Is it because the buzz around Raw was so boosted by youtube, and youtube's viewer base are mostly middle class white sheep who have a bunch of computers sitting around their house, fast internet, and the free time to sit and browse videos? Do you think there will be more diversity in the fan base as Hopsin becomes famous and gets more exposure from places other than the internet, or are people from other races going to see the white crowd and think like "man, Hopsin is whack if all his fans are white, it means he only spits things that relate to white people, what am I doing here" and doom Hopsin to only play mid sized venues for white people the rest of his life, shunned by his own race? Am I the only one who thinks about this stuff?
I'd guess something along those lines.
knockmathers
knockmathers
Registered Member

Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 12:17
because most black guys seem to like lil wayne drake gucci mane *swag* the most ...
hopsintupac
hopsintupac
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/hopsintupac

Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 12:56
Cuz he is talking about struggles that ain't about hustlin or thuggin... Also hopsin says in a song "Im black but I still got 99% white friends cuz my own kind talk about 'we don't love him'... "
whufcwesthamunited
Registered Member

Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 13:02
Call me racist but many black people (not saying every single black person living but just a large number) would rather listen to someone rapping about a big spliff, fast cars with 2 hot chicks he is going to bang in the back and how he is going to drink some shots in vegas. Rick Ross came to my head when I wrote that.
DGCK
DGCK
Registered Member

Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 14:40
How do you all know what black people like, you're not black and you don't live with black people and most of your friends are white. Black people love Hopsin. I'm black and a large sum, at least half, of the crowd at the Hopsin show I saw last month was black.

The reason you see all these white people at his shows is because they actually have the money to go out and see him. In Detroit, most of the black people live in the ghetto. It also has the highest crime rate, which would directly reflect the poverty line. If the black people live in the ghetto and the poverty is so common there, that would probably equal out to most of the black people being too poor to afford a Hopsin show. Like any other show of that size, the crowd will primarily be white because the venue isn't large enough and wasn't heavily advertised, so most of those middle classed privileged folks found out about it via internet. I'm sure this concert wasn't in a ghetto part of Detroit.

And like you said in the OP, it's hard for a nigga to even find out about Hopsin when most of them don't even have computers. When I first moved out on my own I lived in the projects and hardly anyone had computers let alone internet. I had a few laptops and game systems that people in the hood came over to use. And anyone that did have a computer shared my wireless. There were people that could freestyle and rap so well, way beyond the radio style and they'd never even heard of 90% of the rappers we listen to. Not one of those families or people that lived there could afford a Hopsin show. They wouldn't even consider it an option.
Grandmaster
Grandmaster
Registered Member
https://twitter.com/JustAUserHandle

Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 15:16
The only black guy I know hates Hopsin. Hopsin 2
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 16:22
It isn't about white people having computers and fast internet, nor it is about Black people liking ignorant music, because those are both ignorant stereotypical comments. I know a lot of black people who like Hopsin, and other good music. However I also know that a lot of black people like 2 Chainz and Lil Wayne. This is want the media wants, and they are effective in it. They gear this shit towards young black males and females. So since they are young girls see glorified degrading of woman, and think that is the norm. And men see glorified drug dealing, pimping, and being dumb. They think this is the only box they can fit in, and they can't think for themselves. Childish Gambino and Lupe Fiasco actually talk about this a lot. Macklemore also sheds a lot of light on the point of view of a white hip hop head dealing with that, even more so than Eminem does.
King
King
Registered Member

Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 19:57
Believe it or not it's because mostly white people that go to hip hop shows in general (not just hopsin shows, look around).

btw in NY his shows are really diverse with white black, Hispanics Asians ect... it depends on population and other stuff that has to do with statistics but Hopsin definitely has many non white fans.
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 20:01
I have a black friend who was originally scared of Hopsin. Maybe that's why.
King
King
Registered Member

Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 20:04
BabySmacker wrote:I have a black friend who was originally scared of Hopsin. Maybe that's why.

Dizzy
StuFace
Registered Member
http://rapgenius.com/Stuart

Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 22:07
One of my close friends is black and he likes Hopsin, I think it might be only cause I do, but one day at school he was rapping all of Hop Madness to me, so I'm not sure. He recently said to me, "Hopsin goes around things too much. Unlike DMX". That's just cause DMX is his favorite, and I see what he's saying, but I told him it helps support Hopsin's argument. This guy isn't a Rick Ross or Tyga fan, but he's not that big of a Hopsin fan either.
Essence
Essence
Registered Member

Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 22:53
knockmathers wrote:because most black guys seem to like lil wayne drake gucci mane *swag* the most ...
Most black men in my area listen to Gangsta Rap and Love rap like 50 cent.
RealTrell
Registered Member

Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 22:55
whufcwesthamunited wrote:Call me racist but many black people (not saying every single black person living but just a large number) would rather listen to someone rapping about a big spliff, fast cars with 2 hot chicks he is going to bang in the back and how he is going to drink some shots in vegas. Rick Ross came to my head when I wrote that.

This is false. Completely false. I go to a popular all black school in New Orleans and most guys don't like main stream music. Plenty of blacks love Hop and the message he promotes. So the bias shit needs to stop. Not all blacks are ignorant nor ghetto, just because you ive there don't mean anything. Nor does it if you where. We are all equal, we are one so this racism shit needs to stop. Neither white nor blacks here 1st, Natives was. Colombus didn't discover the world. How can you when the world was already here? He was the 1 st white maybe to discover the world. Why didn't the black guys who was directing the ship get any props? Cause the history books ain't show it? Maybe the world needs to sit down and watch a movie like Hidden Color together and stop this. This is something I hope Hop addresses strongly. I love you white people, my black people, and chinese people.
Essence
Essence
Registered Member

Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 22:56
And black people hardly go to concerts anyway. It also depends where the concert is.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Thu 11 Oct 2012 - 1:12
it depends which city, like DGCK said black people with money that live in Detroit?
whufcwesthamunited
Registered Member

Thu 11 Oct 2012 - 11:59
RealTrell wrote:
whufcwesthamunited wrote:Call me racist but many black people (not saying every single black person living but just a large number) would rather listen to someone rapping about a big spliff, fast cars with 2 hot chicks he is going to bang in the back and how he is going to drink some shots in vegas. Rick Ross came to my head when I wrote that.

This is false. Completely false. I go to a popular all black school in New Orleans and most guys don't like main stream music. Plenty of blacks love Hop and the message he promotes. So the bias shit needs to stop. Not all blacks are ignorant nor ghetto, just because you ive there don't mean anything. Nor does it if you where. We are all equal, we are one so this racism shit needs to stop. Neither white nor blacks here 1st, Natives was. Colombus didn't discover the world. How can you when the world was already here? He was the 1 st white maybe to discover the world. Why didn't the black guys who was directing the ship get any props? Cause the history books ain't show it? Maybe the world needs to sit down and watch a movie like Hidden Color together and stop this. This is something I hope Hop addresses strongly. I love you white people, my black people, and chinese people.

Thanks for the history lesson. Anyway, I am not saying all black people are like that but the majority of black people I know would rather listen to swag music and care more about the rappers image, how he dresses etc. But I am not stereotyping because there will also be plenty of black people that listen to music based on the lyrics and meaning behind it.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/410maximus

Thu 11 Oct 2012 - 12:55
It's simple, black people don't like him because of the contacts... they think it's corny & weird. I have a lot of black friends, in fact I'm the only white guy on my bar team out of 10 people... I let them listen to Hopsins music and they were all really impressed, but as soon as I showed them his videos they said he is wack.
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Thu 11 Oct 2012 - 13:03
41OMaXiMuS wrote:It's simple, black people don't like him because of the contacts... they think it's corny & weird. I have a lot of black friends, in fact I'm the only white guy on my bar team out of 10 people... I let them listen to Hopsins music and they were all really impressed, but as soon as I showed them his videos they said he is wack.
SwizZz 1
Frankie
Administrator
https://twitter.com/HopsinForums

Thu 11 Oct 2012 - 13:16
41OMaXiMuS wrote:I let them listen to Hopsins music and they were all really impressed, but as soon as I showed them his videos they said he is wack.

Oh, wow. I had this happen to me also. SwizZz 3
anthonyFv
Registered Member

Thu 11 Oct 2012 - 14:02
Frankie wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:I let them listen to Hopsins music and they were all really impressed, but as soon as I showed them his videos they said he is wack.

They prolly make their final judgements on a rapper based of there " swag" or how many girls they have in their music videos
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Thu 11 Oct 2012 - 14:08
anthonyFv wrote:
Frankie wrote:

They prolly make their final judgements on a rapper based of there " swag" or how many girls they have in their music videos

true that.
theungod
Registered Member
https://www.facebook.com/platko1

Mon 15 Oct 2012 - 0:15
Just like that at a Strange Music show, nothing new to me
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum