Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

How did your favorite NFL team do this past weekend? Empty How did your favorite NFL team do this past weekend?

Wed 12 Sep 2012 - 2:11
My favorite team (The New Orleans Saints) played like shit and it was probably their worst performance since 2007/2008. The offense did not seem to be able to get anything going like they did last season and the defense is fucking terrible as always.

However, I still have faith that the team will play great against the Carolina Panthers this Sunday.

How did your team do this past weekend?

Registered Member

How did your favorite NFL team do this past weekend? Empty Re: How did your favorite NFL team do this past weekend?

Wed 12 Sep 2012 - 5:19
Minnesota did very well! Adrian Peterson had a great comeback game, and Christian Ponder actually did fairly well. Still some things need worked on, we only won by 3 in overtime, still excited about this season nonetheless.

Also with all going on with the Saints, I would say they did pretty well for themselves, they did only lose by 8. You have to realize too, they did it without their head coach, I'm pretty sure if Sean Payton would have been coaching, there would have been a different outcome. I also don't think anybody expected that from RG3, he had a very good showing.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

How did your favorite NFL team do this past weekend? Empty Re: How did your favorite NFL team do this past weekend?

Wed 12 Sep 2012 - 21:01
HopNation wrote:Minnesota did very well! Adrian Peterson had a great comeback game, and Christian Ponder actually did fairly well. Still some things need worked on, we only won by 3 in overtime, still excited about this season nonetheless.

Also with all going on with the Saints, I would say they did pretty well for themselves, they did only lose by 8. You have to realize too, they did it without their head coach, I'm pretty sure if Sean Payton would have been coaching, there would have been a different outcome. I also don't think anybody expected that from RG3, he had a very good showing.

Some reasons why I'm not worried about us losing that game:

1. RGIII is a great player/quarterback
2. The Saints always struggle against 3-4 schemes
3. We have always played bad against Jim Haslett defenses
4. Aaron Kromer will only be the head coach for 5 more weeks

Our entire team just had a bad game. Drew Brees and the O-Line were just not in-sync. They'll bounce back this weekend and beat the Panthers. Their is no doubt in my mind
Registered Member

Thu 13 Sep 2012 - 6:25
Buddie wrote:
HopNation wrote:Minnesota did very well! Adrian Peterson had a great comeback game, and Christian Ponder actually did fairly well. Still some things need worked on, we only won by 3 in overtime, still excited about this season nonetheless.

Our entire team just had a bad game. Drew Brees and the O-Line were just not in-sync. They'll bounce back this weekend and beat the Panthers. Their is no doubt in my mind

Yeah idk bout that one lol we will see as the season progresses, but I'm not sold on RG3 yet.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Thu 13 Sep 2012 - 20:39
HopNation wrote:
Buddie wrote:

Yeah idk bout that one lol we will see as the season progresses, but I'm not sold on RG3 yet.

I see what you mean, but there is no doubt in my mind that he will be rookie of the year in 2012.
DGCK
DGCK
Registered Member

Wed 19 Sep 2012 - 21:48
At least he's putting on a good show so far! And boy were you wrong on the Panthers game.. Saints really do need to work on their play vs. 3 - 4...

I'm a Pats fan. The cardinal game was pure bull shit Kevin Kolb is a joke and played like one yet they still come out on top. I was pretty mad. They did great week 1 vs the Titans. I was stoked at how well they shut down the running game. I'm really looking forward to this Sunday, we've got the Ravens :)...

There aren't many match ups I'm going to watch this weekend. I'm going to check out the saints game because I'm into those guys and I have Mr. Brees on my fantasy roster. We'll see how it goes against KC. Should be an easy win but who knows with how they're doing so far lol.. GL to all, especially the Vikings this week Hop >=)
Registered Member

Thu 20 Sep 2012 - 3:17
I know Vikings lost, but still Ponder is growing on me, it's going to take some time but he is really coming into his own on the offense. Now we just have to figure out a way to pull away from teams, lol going to obviously have a lot of close victorys/losses this year. Still shaping up to be a hell of a lot better than last season.

Anyways did anyone watch the Denver/Atlanta game on Monday? These replacement refs are atrocious.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Thu 20 Sep 2012 - 3:30
The Saints are playing terrible right now. Their offense is making critical mistakes that they would have never made the last three seasons and the defense is HORRIBLE! This is by far the worst defense the Saints have ever had and that says a lot considering how bad they've been since the Dome Patrol.

At this point, I'm not even sure if we can beat KC. Matt Cassell will probably throw for 350 yards and Jamaal Charles will rush for 100+ yards and at least a TD or two. I have no faith in this defense as of now. Hopefully they are just trying to get used to the new defense that Spags has implemented. But I think it is more than that, we just don't have the talent on defense to be good. Our offense has to score 40+ points every game just to have a chance. This is the worst our offense has been in a while and they are still ranked #3 in total yards. Shows you how good they truly have been the past few years offensively.

If the Saints lose against KC (which is a possibility) then their season will be over and you can stick a fork in them.

I really hope that Michael Vick can continue to help the Eagles win games this year because I would love to see him win a SuperBowl. He's one of my favorite players regardless of the hate he receives.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum