Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ICP-The Great Milenko review

+4
BabySmacker
Perfect Stranger
STRANGEgenius
Grandmaster
8 posters
Go down
Grandmaster
Grandmaster
Registered Member
https://twitter.com/JustAUserHandle

ICP-The Great Milenko review Empty ICP-The Great Milenko review

Sun 9 Sep 2012 - 12:39
IntroductionAlright, I know that most of you hate ICP but I'm a fan so I'm reviewing their 4th studio album "The Great Milenko" which incidentally is the first album of theirs I listened to all the way though.

Review

Intro: This intro functions as an introductory skit showing a demon possessing a record at a rednecks party and performing a spoken word explanation of who the Great Milenko is (An evil wizard who punishes evil-doers in the afterlife by giving them their hearts desires and then taking them away) as well as summarizing the previous joker cards in-order to give new listeners a knowledge of the previous events in the series, this tracks serves as a good introduction to the album with the rednecks stupidity and narrators seriousness providing first time listeners with the comedy-horror balance ICP are known for.(5/10)

The Great Milenko: This next tracks manages to be half song/half intro since while the track features a (Very well made) beat from Mike E Clark and a sung chorus, the verses do not feature ICP rapping as the group nearly talk (In a typical Circus Master voice) about the Great Milenko and his magic instead. This tracks helps to hype up the listeners expectations and gives them a good knowledge of how the Great Milenko is orchestrating the albums events and the beat is like most of Mike E Clarks work with the group very well made and chilling. (4/10)

Hokus Pokus: The first official song on the album, "Hokus Pokus" opens with Shaggy shout-rapping for several bars until Violent J comes in and spits a slower, much more fitting rap about him and Shaggy's magical powers an the comedic hijenks that they have ran into as servants of the Great Milenko. The track features a very creatively done beat and J's flow on this track is one of the best on the album, though Shaggy goes off-beat several times in his verse and the flow, beat and lyrics while very well done are ridiculously similar to "The Show Must Go On" off "Riddle Box". (7/10)

Piggy Pie: One of my favorite cuts from this album,this track features a Heavy Metal influenced beat and tells an ultra violent story about J and Shaggy killing a series of red-necks who they refer to as "Piggies" in reference to the "3 little piggies" folk tale. The track contains very chilling and dark lyrics with the duo's anger really showing through in their delivery and while the production isn't Mike E Clark's best work on the album, ICP's rapping almost is at it's peak here. (8/10)

How Many Times: The first Violent J solo song and the second amazing track in a row, "How Many Times" is told not from the perspective of J but rather from a middle age man how becomes sick of his mundane life and goes on a rampage. The song's demented lyricism and detailed description of his mental break down coupled with a great flow from both and one of my all time favorite beats lead's to a track even some of ICP's haters have called "Brilliant".(9/10)

Southwest Voodoo:This track is a lot more light-hearted than the previous two as Shaggy procedes to take his turn up to bat pas the sole performer to rap about his magic powers. The song is fairly unrelated to the "Great Milenko" story-arc, a fact which works against it given how intense and dark the story was getting. Overall, while the beat is very nice and Shaggy's Flow is much better than usual, the weak delivery and extremely unfitting placement on the album.(6/10)

Halls Of Illusion:The first official track to actually reference the Great Milenko and feturing guitar work from Slash of Guns And Roses fame, "Halls Of Illusions" decepts both members of ICP rapping about how 3 criminals have been sent to the Dark Carnival and it's their job to punish them, which they do by summoning Milenko to trap them inside an illusion. The tracks detailed storytelling, Aggressive and terrifying delivery as well as high quality guitar work leads to the another amazing track on the album. (9/10)

Under The Moon:The best song on the album by far, this song features Violent J (Solo once again) rapping from the perspective of a man who was taken to prison for 30 years after killing the man who raped his girl friend and finds that his girlfriend never visited him for his entire sentence. Not only are the lyrics amazingly passionate and depressing but J's flow is at it's best and the production is very sad and chilling

After this track the album lightens up considerably as the focus becomes on comedy rather than horror, lets take a look at this side.

What Is A Juggalo: This track was writen in light of the Juggalo movement having expanded considerably between Riddle Box and Milenko with ICP joking about how crazy their fanbase must be to enjoy them, a very enjoyable track with a good beat and decent flow. (6/10)

House Of Horrors:A rather bizare Shaggy solo song in which Shaggy portrays an insane man who broke into a haunted house and started yelling at he people in there, funny lyrics but weak flow/delivery and an obnoxious beat. (4/10)

Boogie Woogie Wu: A partial return to seriousness with J and Shaggy rapping about the Boogie Man, rather interesting with a cool concept and good flow. (7/10)

The Neden Game: A song parodying Dating shows, the track revolves around Insane Clown Posse being contested on a dating show and being asked questions from the (Sampled) female questioners about romance which they respond to with misogynistic and violent answers that strangly enough impress the women, a great track with an awesome beat,funny lyrics and good flow/delivery.(8/10)

Hellujah: A more serious track attacking courupt preachers who fleece their followers for money with ICP voicing one of the aforementioned preachers in between the verse's while they verbally destroy him in those verses. Pretty good but not one of my favorites.(7/10)

Down With The Clown:The second song about juggalo's on the album, this time asking if they would still be juggalo's if ICP sold out or added another member or Violent J grew an extra head. Great song with funny, lyrics good flow/delivery and one of my favorite Mike E Clark beats. (8/10)

Just Like That:A short little track in which J raps about getting out in the morning, trying to have sex with a girl and then getting shot, Not a genius track by any means but the beats good and the ending is hilarious. (7/10)

Pass Me By: Continuing from J's death at the end "Just Like That" " Pass Me By" is a suprisingly sweet and melodic song about how if heaven is real then death should be celabrated not mourned. Amazing Lyrics, flow,delivery and beats. (100'00/10)

Pros: Their style is disinctive, Mike E Clark always makes great beats, their lyrics ae funny when the song's comedic and scary when the song is horror themed.

Cons: ICP use the same flow and delivery on most tracks, the comedic songs often feel out of place and the Rock music influences often feel forced.

Last edited by King Suicide on Sun 9 Sep 2012 - 16:27; edited 2 times in total
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

ICP-The Great Milenko review Empty Re: ICP-The Great Milenko review

Sun 9 Sep 2012 - 12:43
don't forget to add numbers of the tracks.
Grandmaster
Grandmaster
Registered Member

Sun 9 Sep 2012 - 12:44
I didn't really feel I needed too.
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Wed 12 Sep 2012 - 10:15
Killing Renecks?

This doesn't sound like Horrorcore more like a pathetic attempt at violent rhymes.

Although, props on the review, you did a good job too review such a poor album, but that's your taste fair enough man Hopsin 3
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Wed 12 Sep 2012 - 11:59
King Suicide wrote:I didn't really feel I needed too.

every else review has one...
Grandmaster
Grandmaster
Registered Member

Wed 12 Sep 2012 - 14:27
Perfect Stranger wrote:Killing Renecks?

This doesn't sound like Horrorcore more like a pathetic attempt at violent rhymes.

Th e main reason for that is because Violent J was attacked by a group of Red Necks when he briefly lived in the south and that gave him a perminant grudge against the south.
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Sun 30 Sep 2012 - 7:19
Grandmaster wrote:

Th e main reason for that is because Violent J was attacked by a group of Red Necks when he briefly lived in the south and that gave him a perminant grudge against the south.

He's just as much a redneck as them SwizZz 3
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Sun 30 Sep 2012 - 13:38
Perfect Stranger wrote:
Grandmaster wrote:

He's just as much a redneck as them SwizZz 3

No he isn't lol
HipityHoppity
HipityHoppity
Registered Member

Sun 30 Sep 2012 - 14:14
This is the only album these guys ever made worth hearing. I heard about this group back in 2000 and just because I loved the idea of evil rapping clowns I gave their shit a listen, most of it is unbelievably bad, this album had a few listenable tracks. I liked Hocus Pokus & House of Horrors best. ICP is a genius idea tho, too bad it wasn't thought up by a couple of guys who knew how to rap.

They should sell their gimmick to the guys from Twiztid, it would be in much better hands then
IVIS187
Registered Member

Sat 29 Dec 2012 - 14:24

Although, props on the review, you did a good job too review such a poor album, but that's your taste fair enough man Hopsin 3

Almost every post by you I have seen has been stupid as fuck. This album is nowhere near to be "poor", you biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch.
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Sat 29 Dec 2012 - 21:57
IVIS187 wrote:

Almost every post by you I have seen has been stupid as fuck. This album is nowhere near to be "poor", you biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch.
seems like someone didnt get their daily supply of anal rape to let the retard inside stay calm.
You like ICP? Then you are a horrible person.
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Mon 7 Jan 2013 - 8:12
IVIS187 wrote:

So, you must be that Panthers103 douche that's been polluting all my videos with your idiotic comments?
You said you had a link to the forums, yet call me a dickrider?
ICP are extremeley mediocore, however Twiztd are not.
IVIS187
Registered Member

Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 13:17
Perfect Stranger wrote:
IVIS187 wrote:

So, you must be that Panthers103 douche that's been polluting all my videos with your idiotic comments?
I don't understand what are you talking about, I don't know your videos.
This topic is not about what ICP are now, it's about the album which came out in 1997, when they definitely weren't mediocre.
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 13:45
IVIS187 wrote:
Perfect Stranger wrote:
IVIS187 wrote:

This topic is not about what ICP are now, it's about the album which came out in 1997, when they definitely weren't mediocre.
but they've always sucked dicks.
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/410maximus

Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 13:51
Chokey wrote:
IVIS187 wrote:
Perfect Stranger wrote:
IVIS187 wrote:

but they've always sucked dicks.

Certified cock munchers.
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Thu 10 Jan 2013 - 11:44
IVIS187 wrote:
Perfect Stranger wrote:
IVIS187 wrote:

I'll be real with you, if you bring up ICP as a talented group of individuals on this particular website, with this particular group of people - you're going to get your head bitten off.
I think their is maybe one other fan - not including yourself - who likes them.
Grandmaster
Grandmaster
Registered Member

Thu 10 Jan 2013 - 15:29
3, Me, IVS and Gibby
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Sat 12 Jan 2013 - 8:37
Grandmaster wrote:3, Me, IVS and Gibby

When did Gibby say he liked them?
I thought you didn't like ICP anymore?
Grandmaster
Grandmaster
Registered Member

Sat 12 Jan 2013 - 11:13
Perfect Stranger wrote:

I still like them mildly, and check Gibbys Facebook.
Perfect Stranger
Perfect Stranger
Registered Member

Sun 20 Jan 2013 - 9:00
Grandmaster wrote:
Perfect Stranger wrote:

I still like them mildly, and check Gibbys Facebook.

"I don't like them anymore".
Make up your mind, cuzzin/
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum