Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Slaugterhouse - Welcome To: Our House Empty Slaugterhouse - Welcome To: Our House

Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 18:28
After months of anticipation, the new Slaughterhouse album and the 2nd Shady 2.0 album was finally leaked. I will be reviewing this album and summing each song up in a few short sentences:

1. The Slaughter (Intro): A pretty good way to start off the album. It gives everyone anticipation for what's to come. I won't give this a grade though since it is an intro.

2. Our House ft. Eminem and Skylar Grey: This is the first song on the album and one of the best imo. The hook by Skylar Grey was very well done. For me, the best part of this song and maybe the entire album is the bridge done by Eminem. It was well thought out and sounded great and meaningful. The verses by Slaughterhouse and Eminem were solid as well. Nothing great, but solid. (9/10)

3. Coffin ft. Busta Rhymes: The beat was "meh" to me. This song is just okay to me and the hook just really doesn't sound that great. It's just a sub-par/average Slaughterhouse song to me. (6.5/10)

4.Throw That ft. Eminem: This song has received a ton of hate from forums like Studioleaks.info and TRShady and I agree with them. After getting terrible Eminem features like "Throw It Up" and "Richard," the fans have the right to be pissed at him for making a song with this concept. However, I have actually enjoyed this song for what it is. The hook by Eminem is very catchy and the bridge he did at the end was very impressive. The song isn't great, but it's a funny, enjoyable song to listen to. (7.5/10)

5. Hammer Dance: A solid beat with good lyrics. I still don't think they should have released this as a single though. It's an okay song, but it should have never been a single imo. (7/10)

6. Get Up: A good song with very good lyrics. It's nice to listen to as well. (7.5/10)

7. My Life: A very good choice of a single imo. It has a good hook by Cee Lo and the verses complemented the song very well. (8/10)

8. We Did It (Intro): A good intro to give you a little break after the first 6 songs

9. Flip A Bird: A very different song that sounded pretty good imo. The hook is kind of repetitive, but it's not bad at all. I like the verses for this song and it's a nice listen (7.5/10)

10. Throw It Away: The worst song on the album by far. I'm listening to it right now and cringing the entire time. The fact that this song was a single is just downright embarrassing. This is an example of Shady Records being the worst record label at promoting artists and putting out good singles. The title says it all, this song needs to be thrown away. (4/10)

11. Rescue Me: This song may be the best on the album. The beginning of the song will give anyone goosebumps and the beat kicks in and it starts to get very good. Royce starts it off and does a good job and then Joell Ortiz has a solid verse after that. Then it ends with two memorable verses by Crooked I and Joe Budden. The hook is the main reason why I like this song so much though. (9/10)

12. Frat House: An overall solid song. I like the beat, hook, and verses on the song. Definitely one of the better songs on the album. (8/10)

13. Goodbye: This is one of my favorite songs on the album and this song contains the best verses on the album. Joe Budden, Crooked I, and Joell Ortiz all do a great job on this song. The chorus is great and every verse is meaningful and the lyrics are the reason why Slaughterhouse got signed to Shady. (9/10)

14. Park It Sideways: The song and beat sounds like "The Show Goes On" by Lupe Fiasco, but it also has a different feel to it. This song should have been the obvious choice for a single. I have no idea why Shady Records made Throw It Away and Hammer Dance a single instead of this. (8/10)

15. Die: One of the best beats on the album and the verses are pretty good as well. (7.5/10)

16. Our Way: I am really feeling this beat and Slaughterhouse did a pretty nice job of rapping to it. Not a bad song by any means, but nothing amazing either. (7/10)

17. Asylum: My favorite hook by Eminem since "Talk To Me." The beat was produced by Eminem and sounds like the type of beat he'd rap to back in 2000. The simplicity of the beat is very nice and I really enjoyed this song. The verses are also pretty good. (8.5/10)

18. Walk Of Shame: A solid song of straight spitting by Slaughterhouse. (7/10)

19. The Other Side: I really like this song. The chorus is very well done imo. (8/10)

20. Place To Be ft. B.O.B.: A good song, but not great. B.O.B. did a nice job though with the hook. (7.5/10)

Overall Grade: 7.6/10

Overall, this album was a solid Shady debut by Slaughterhouse, but it falls short of being great. There are some gems on this album, but it is mostly filled with average songs. I hope the album does well and I am interested to see what kind of numbers it does once it releases.

King
King
Registered Member

Slaugterhouse - Welcome To: Our House Empty Re: Slaugterhouse - Welcome To: Our House

Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 18:35
Good review Thumbs Up

My favorite is asylum, the verses could of been better but just the overall feel of the track wins it for me and eminem did good on the chorus which also complemented the beat pretty well.

Last edited by King on Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 18:57; edited 1 time in total
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Slaugterhouse - Welcome To: Our House Empty Re: Slaugterhouse - Welcome To: Our House

Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 18:41
Great review!
Our House was great, Ems part begining it was great. Skylars chorus was kinda mainstream sounding but I liked it a lot. I also liked Asylum the most.

Someone should do the mixtape, not as in depth but just a review of "on the house"
achmed420
achmed420
Registered Member

Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 19:46
i love the concept to this album! they are gonna slaughter the charts with this album.

pretty good review
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Mon 27 Aug 2012 - 3:37
Throw That is really growing on me now for some reason. Might have to update the grade if I continue to enjoy it
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum