Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/410maximus

The Jokerr - Mayhem Night [Quick Review] Empty The Jokerr - Mayhem Night [Quick Review]

Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 15:19
The Jokerr - Mayhem Night [Quick Review] MAYHEM%20NIGHT%20FINAL

As I'm sure you are all aware, I have always been a huge hater of The Jokerr. The guy just bothers me with his stupid ass jester outfit and his constant whining on FB. I always thought of him as a depressed emo juggalo that evolved into an internet attention whore. Based on the way he dresses, and a few videos I stumbled across on youtube, I legitimately thought his music was about medeval times. It just didn't seem appealing to me at all. I didn't get it.

Recently, I was starting to wonder just why in the fuck Buddie reps him so much. I didn't understand how he seemed to have good taste in music... but then threw a curveball at us like The Jokerr. So I thought to myself, "maybe I'm just a fuckin hater, lemme give this clown one more shot". Buddie was kind enough to provide me with a link, and I was on my way.

The 1st thing that comes to mind after listening to the entire album... "multi-talented".

"Mayhem Night" contains comedy, drama, life lessons, brutality, sadness, rapping & singing. At some points the album is laugh-out-loud funny… at other points, depending on your state of mind, you might literally shed a tear.

The Jokerr is comparable to Minecraft, the popular PC & 360 game.

You: “HUH!?!”

Bear with me. Minecraft, at 1st glance, looks like the stupidest piece of shit game in the world. Everyone resists Minecraft when you try to tell them about it. But once you try it for yourself, you find the brilliance. You have to get over your initial impression of the graphics and just embrace it.

Same goes with The Jokerr. You have to get past his outfit / image and the raspy sound he does with his voice sometimes. Go outside of the box and can your pre-conceived notion. You will find some beautiful music. The production is through the roof. His lyrical ability is on full display. He can sing his fucking ass off. “There With You” is the 1st non-rap song I’ve given a shit about in a LONG time… I’m talking years.

My favorite tracks are probably: Turn Against Me, On The Concrete, I Wont Say Sorry, and There With You.

I could go way more in-depth and do a critical review of each song, but I don’t see the point. The album is totally worth checking out, and that’s all that really matters. I plan on listening to more of The Jokerrs work. I went from a straight up hater, to a legit fan.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

The Jokerr - Mayhem Night [Quick Review] Empty Re: The Jokerr - Mayhem Night [Quick Review]

Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 17:38
Nice review man! Glad to see you've given his musica chance! I respect the hell out of that.
BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

The Jokerr - Mayhem Night [Quick Review] Empty Re: The Jokerr - Mayhem Night [Quick Review]

Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 20:15
I'm on board with Max. Mayhem Night definitely turned me into a fan as well.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 2:46
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

the fuck is this?
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 2:51
STRANGEgenius wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

the fuck is this?

What is it? It says only admins can see it
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 3:56
buddie wrote:
STRANGEgenius wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

the fuck is this?

What is it? It says only admins can see it

says the same for me.
Arkade87
Registered Member

Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 7:30
The jokerr is very talented, his music is easy on the ears, sounds nice
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Fri 10 Aug 2012 - 12:49
Holy fuck. I might actually check his music out now...
King
King
Registered Member

Fri 10 Aug 2012 - 18:29
He is talented it's just that people steer away from his music because of the kind of person he is and his actions.

Just cuz you're a fag doesn't mean you can't make good music sometimes, people have to think outside the box.

This is still my favorite song from him for some reason

Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Fri 10 Aug 2012 - 21:16
King wrote:He is talented it's just that people steer away from his music because of the kind of person he is and his actions.

Just cuz you're a fag doesn't mean you can't make good music sometimes, people have to think outside the box.

Even though this is really old, it's better IMO

BabySmacker
BabySmacker
Registered Member

Fri 10 Aug 2012 - 21:25
he said i spit deeper than sage francis

that was funny as shit
King
King
Registered Member

Fri 10 Aug 2012 - 21:56
buddie wrote:
King wrote:He is talented it's just that people steer away from his music because of the kind of person he is and his actions.

Yeah that one is cool too, but bitemarks has a better beat and chorus. The overall song along with the rap itself is more appealing IMO but 100 bizzles has doper lines.
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Fri 10 Aug 2012 - 22:01
King wrote:
buddie wrote:

Yeah that one is cool too, but bitemarks has a better beat and chorus. The overall song along with the rap itself is more appealing IMO but 100 bizzles has doper lines.

I hear you man. I actually like this one better than both.

STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Sat 11 Aug 2012 - 7:35
quick Review stuck, thanks Maxi :)
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Tue 21 Aug 2012 - 3:44
Obviously "Bunny in the woods" is his most lyrically skilled. It's just genius in every level.
haha jk, i'm gonna listen to the full album now
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Thu 23 Aug 2012 - 22:23
AlwaysRaw wrote:Obviously "Bunny in the woods" is his most lyrically skilled. It's just genius in every level.

Do it! Hopsin 2
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 0:36
buddie wrote:
AlwaysRaw wrote:Obviously "Bunny in the woods" is his most lyrically skilled. It's just genius in every level.

Do it! Hopsin 2
Oh yea, I did.
Lol, I'm not like a die hard Jokerr fan.
I never hated him but now Ik he's a nice guy. He's also so musically talented. Like with singing, and rap.

Hahah so Buddie, You getting a Jokerr hat?
Buddie
Buddie
Registered Member

Sun 26 Aug 2012 - 3:58
AlwaysRaw wrote:
buddie wrote:

Do it! Hopsin 2
Oh yea, I did.
Lol, I'm not like a die hard Jokerr fan.
I never hated him but now Ik he's a nice guy. He's also so musically talented. Like with singing, and rap.

Hahah so Buddie, You getting a Jokerr hat?

I was thinking about it cause they look fucking sweet, but they're too much money and I would never wear that in public other than Halloween lol

I might buy one in the future though when he has his 50% off deals
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum