Hopsin Forums - Undercover Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOME HOPSIN FANS R SO RETARDED

+8
Hyde
Fitzyy
GangusKahn
whufcwesthamunited
41OMaXiMuS
STRANGEgenius
Jeet
Zwis
12 posters
Go down
Zwis
Zwis
Banned Member

SOME HOPSIN FANS R SO RETARDED Empty SOME HOPSIN FANS R SO RETARDED

Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 7:55
Soo many people think the ill minds are freestyles!!!1 anoyying
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

SOME HOPSIN FANS R SO RETARDED Empty Re: SOME HOPSIN FANS R SO RETARDED

Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 8:00
technically 1 & 3 are
Zwis
Zwis
Banned Member

Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 8:04
no they arent!
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 9:03
Yes they are. Look up the definition of freestyle rap.
STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 9:14
Jeet is right, they are TECHNICALLY freestyles.

Zwis
Zwis
Banned Member

Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 10:56
Freestyle is a type of style in rap that commonly refers to rap lyrics which are improvised through an a cappella or with instrumental beats, i.e. performed with no previously composed lyrics, or "off the top of the head".[
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 12:10
/facepalm
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/410maximus

Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 12:43
Zwis wrote:Freestyle is a type of style in rap that commonly refers to rap lyrics which are improvised through an a cappella or with instrumental beats, i.e. performed with no previously composed lyrics, or "off the top of the head".[

Theres 2 sides of this coin. Personally, I consider freestyling to be "off the dome" rapping. But a huge amount of people refer to freestyling as rapping on a beat with no particular subject & no chorus.

Some idiots on youtube actually think the Ill Minds are off the dome freestyles... which is just incredibly stupid. Those people just don't know shit about hip hop.
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 13:09
41OMaXiMuS wrote:
Zwis wrote:Freestyle is a type of style in rap that commonly refers to rap lyrics which are improvised through an a cappella or with instrumental beats, i.e. performed with no previously composed lyrics, or "off the top of the head".[

Theres 2 sides of this coin. Personally, I consider freestyling to be "off the dome" rapping. But a huge amount of people refer to freestyling as rapping on a beat with no particular subject & no chorus.

Some idiots on youtube actually think the Ill Minds are off the dome freestyles... which is just incredibly stupid. Those people just don't know shit about hip hop.
It's not just a huge amount of people, that was the actual definition of it back in the golden era of hip-hop.

Big Daddy Kane says, “in the ’80s when we said we wrote a freestyle rap, that meant that it was a rhyme that you wrote that was free of style… it’s basically a rhyme just bragging about yourself.”
In old school hip-hop, Kool Moe Dee says that improvisational rapping was instead called “coming off the top of the head”
Referring to this earlier definition (a written rhyme on non-specific subject matter) Big Daddy Kane says, "that’s really what a freestyle is” and Kool Moe Dee refers to it as “true” freestyle, and “the real old-school freestyle”. Kool Moe Dee suggests that Kool G Rap’s track ‘Men At Work’ is an “excellent example” of “true” freestyle, along with Rakim’s "Lyrics of Fury".
(from wikipedia, the information all has references, so it's legit)
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 13:14
Jeet wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:

It's not just a huge amount of people, that was the actual definition of it back in the golden era of hip-hop.

Big Daddy Kane says, “in the ’80s when we said we wrote a freestyle rap, that meant that it was a rhyme that you wrote that was free of style… it’s basically a rhyme just bragging about yourself.”
In old school hip-hop, Kool Moe Dee says that improvisational rapping was instead called “coming off the top of the head”
Referring to this earlier definition (a written rhyme on non-specific subject matter) Big Daddy Kane says, "that’s really what a freestyle is” and Kool Moe Dee refers to it as “true” freestyle, and “the real old-school freestyle”. Kool Moe Dee suggests that Kool G Rap’s track ‘Men At Work’ is an “excellent example” of “true” freestyle, along with Rakim’s "Lyrics of Fury".

Yeah I've actually looked at the wikipedia page before. I'm not really trying to argue against it but I still consider freestyling to be off the dome. That's just how it's referred to in the area I grew up. If someone says they are gonna bust a freestyle here, it's always off the dome.

STRANGEgenius
STRANGEgenius
Administrator

Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 13:19
41OMaXiMuS wrote:
Jeet wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:

Yeah I've actually looked at the wikipedia page before. I'm not really trying to argue against it but I still consider freestyling to be off the dome. That's just how it's referred to in the area I grew up. If someone says they are gonna bust a freestyle here, it's always off the dome.

same, but oh well.
Jeet
Jeet
Registered Member

Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 13:23
41OMaXiMuS wrote:
Jeet wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:

Yeah, to each his own. it's both but some people just act like it only means off the top and then criticize artists for calling it a freestyle
41OMaXiMuS
41OMaXiMuS
Registered Member

Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 13:33
Jeet wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:
Jeet wrote:
41OMaXiMuS wrote:

Yeah, to each his own. it's both but some people just act like it only means off the top and then criticize artists for calling it a freestyle

Nahh, I don't take it that far. But some faggots do label their written verses as off the dome freestyles sometimes, and that gets on my nerves.

Also, just as far as youtube is concerned, when you see somebody asking - "is this a freestyle"? - what they mean is "is this off the dome"? And you will see people lying that say yes.

But I totally accept that a freestyle can be a written verse where you just say w/e you want and don't worry about a hook.
whufcwesthamunited
Registered Member

Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 15:23
Technically they are freestyles but I agree that a LOT of Hopsin fans are dumb. Same goes for most hip hop fans in general really.
GangusKahn
GangusKahn
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/user/Gangu5Kahn?feature=mhee

Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 15:27
The term "freestyle" seems to have multiple definitions. It never did before tho, back in the 90's freestyle rap was generally all of the dome...A lot of guys lines were mostly already written but it was still off the dome...Now people can just jack a beat, write a song, then call it a freestyle...Bullshit if you ask me, but whatever...None of the Ill Minds are freestyles imo.
Fitzyy
Fitzyy
Registered Member
https://www.youtube.com/fitzyybeatz

Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 16:20
I wouldn't class IMOH's as freestyles, but as Maxipads said, people have different definitions of 'FREESTYLING' nowadays.
Hyde
Hyde
Banned Member

Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 20:30
Zwis wrote:Soo many people think the ill minds are freestyles!!!1 anoyying
Oh the irony Hopsin 3
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 20:48
whufcwesthamunited wrote:Technically they are freestyles but I agree that a LOT of Hopsin fans are dumb. Same goes for most hip hop fans in general really.
This. SwizZz 3
Hop Sadness
Hop Sadness
Registered Member

Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 20:59
Zwis wrote:Soo many people think the ill minds are freestyles!!!1 anoyying
I find grammatical errors more annoying.
Chokey
Chokey
Registered Member

Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 22:00
1&3 are freestyle
AlwaysRaw
AlwaysRaw
Registered Member

Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 2:15
OK GUYS, Here's what Hop said,
"The ill mind of Hopsin, Those are not freestlyes for one. People think they are, I don't tag them as free styles or put the word free style next to them, I mean it's just me writing in my studio coming up with some dope shit.."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyzjhoYYz5M&feature=player_detailpage#t=713s
See for youselves
DGCK
DGCK
Registered Member

Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 16:36
Zwis wrote:SOME MOST HOPSIN FANS ARE SO RETARDED
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum